1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

About my WAR role-play

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Feirhanith Dengeird, May 9, 2002.

1. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

First thing is that we could do with more people.

the second is that you can be any type of character in the story, a heavy infantry commander, a sergeant in a light infantry company or even an orc warboss.....i am trying to get several stories going at once rather than everything revolving around my group of lancers and friends.

i am intending to make it hard for the mercinary army so this is about to become a much more interesting topic...especially if we have lots of sub-plots going on at once!

2. zaknafein Guest

if there arn't enough people maybe everyone could take on two charactors. I like the sound of a orc warboss but then the allys would mysteriously be able to know all the orcan plans

3. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

Yes i realised that but it would also be the other way around too...the orcs will know what the mercinaries are doing!

4. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Um..explanation needed!
    Ive read it, but i dnt understand. Is it D&D or jst...actin or something? i really want to get involved. Help would be good.

thanks, gopher

5. zaknafein Guest

not D&D thats for sure

6. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

It's just acting but you need to be serious about it and we are using D&D things like enemies, magic,weapons, places and things.

Come One
    Come All
    Have the time of your lives...

7. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

the way i would explain it is that it is a story that everyone contribute to by taking on a role of a character. you can add to already existing sub-stories, start your own sub-story (keeping it to do with the main war still though), the different stories or character point of views should be in cohersion so that if something major happens in one it can also be added or shown in another person's post.

just jump in like everyone else!!! put your character in any place on the battlefield you want and any position of power you want. (e.g. you could be the commander of a company of 800 heavy infantry in the centre of the field, you could march them headlong into the orc front line if you wanted!)

8. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Everybody dive in, and by the way we could do witha few more orcs leaders if you feel up to it.

It's getting really good, great idea Feirhanith.

And don'r forget you can write as much as you want but remember to control your own characters and you can have as many as you want.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.