1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: Return to Silver Marches

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sat online - 20th Eleint

First they went to Kardovarian's, the jewellers. They sold the gems for 500gp and bought a Chardalyn for 90gp. Kardovarian offered them 900gp for the mummy's gold chest ornament but they decided not to sell.
    Then they went to see Brother Brommel at the Shrine of Tempus. He cast Cure Disease on Hayden for 375gp, curing his Mummy Rot.
    Returning to Umberto's they swore Ilmennost to secrecy before handing him a Chardalyn and revealing the mirror portal. One by one they stepped through, Jakob suffering his usual 'travel sickness'. It was Ilmennost's first experience of portal travel and it left him very disoriented. And so they returned to the Magehall at the edge of the Lurkwood.
    Bazza made them welcome as usual, providing food and drinks. The strain of the last few days was telling on the group so they resolved to let their hair down. Hayden and Jakob got roaring drunk. They reminisced about the events of the previous two tendays and the people they had met, Majikus, Surya, Grog and Khor. Iztar danced for them, then they all joined in with varying degrees of proficiency. Their suspicions of Ilmennost declined as he opened up and told them his story. By dusk they were all ready for an early night and retired to the beds that Bazza had prepared for them.

75xp each to Garacaius, Hayden, Ilmennost, Jakob and Milla for some IC fine roleplaying.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

After a good nights rest, Garacaius comes down from the room and tries to find Bazza in the kitchen.
    "Goodmorning fair folk, care to make some breakfast for a weary traveller? I don't suppose anyone else is up yet. Except for perchance that morningbird Sarathien who never seems to sleep."

3. Erran Gems: 19/31

21st Eleint

Bazza nodded his head: "Certainly Sir, I have pan fried eggs and toasted bread with honey. The horses are all fed and watered if you wish to go riding. I took the Liberty of bringing the late master Nailo's horse into the stables. Perhaps one of the others might want to use him?"

OoC Those suffering Con or Str drain regain @ 1 point/day. 2 days have passed.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"You're most kind Bazza, looks delicious. And we will probably set for Nesme today, we have some questions that needs answering back there."

5. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Having been up since early dawn walking the forest trails, Sarathien turns back to the Hall to find Garacaius in the kitchen.

"'Quel amrun, mellonamin!
    Ah, it feels good to be back in our own lands, do you not agree?
    I look forward to the day we have ahead of us, riding across open lands with nothing more pressing than to get forward towards the horizon. I sorely missed this feeling while we stayed in Phlan, a town that size is no place for me I fear."

Turning towards Bazza and breakfast, he says:
    "Bazza, your skills in the kitchen are truly commendable. For this I thank you, for you should know that it is little things like this that make the road easier and the journey worthwhile."

Once again turning his attention to Garacaius, the ranger says:
    "Have you seen any of the others yet? We should be off early, my heart aches for the outdoors."

OOC: Why in the world would Sarathien sleep, elves only need a four hour rest! But I can see why Garacaius spends longer in bed, having someone to share it with... ;)

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Not surprised Garacaius turns around to face Sarathien; "Ah, why good morning to you, I had expected to see you around some where about now. Always longing the outdoors I see, I can't say I would mind either these days... As for the others, I think we have to wait a few hours still.."

He sits at the table and starts eating the glorious breakfast; "Mmm, long time since I've had anything as good as this."

OoC: well Garac is an elf too but always meet Sara somewhere in the morning! :p hehhe, but you're right, the bed might require a little more time than the usual 4hours rest

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited March 11, 2002).]

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

(Moving things along) :grin:

At last all had risen and breakfasted. Jakob and Hayden seemed a little fragile. They took one of the dire bat heads in a sack. Saddling up, Sarathien led the way south. those without horses borrowed from Segga's stable. Iztar declared she wanted to see Nesme and doubled up on Garacaius's horse.
    Early in the afternoon they arrived at Knotts Ferry. They showed Knott the bat's head and assured him he would have no more trouble with 'Night Things' He said he would have the head stuffed and mounted over the bar. He was so pleased he gave them 360gp in reward. They lunched at the Ferry Inn.

8. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Milla thanks thanks Knotts for the generous gift and hands out 60gp each to Sarathien, Garacaius, Jakob, Iztar, Hayden and herself. (ooc: tell me if I forgot anyone and I'll edit it.)
    "Come to think about it maybe we should keep some common money for the occasional cure mummy rot, restoration or other expenses? What do you all say?"

"You still look a littel pale Jakob. Maybe we should stay here for tonight? Otherwise we probably have to camp outside since I don't think we'll make it to Nesme before dark."

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob, who had refused lunch as he didn't think he could stomach it rests his head in his hands and groans. "I'll be fine..." he mutters, just give me time and I should be able to handle the travel just fine. Besides, I don't want to wait to find out what you're going to learn at the abbey. About that money idea - I agree, either it's unfair on whomever has to pay out the big lump sum or it's irritating trying to work out how much of a share everyone owes. The only question is who looks after it? My vote would go to Garacaius, seeing as how I've known him longer than anyone else and have started to think of him almost as the leader of our little group." Waiting until Ilmennost is out of earshot, he sidles over to Garacaius and whispers in gnomish, "I still don't know what to make of the newcomer. I *want* to believe his story, but I think it's still too early too be sure about anything. I'd say it would be best to keep a close eye on him for now. Of course, we can't let him know. At best he'd be offended, at worst...who knows."
    OOC: Heh. I thank by now my character has consumed more units of alcohol in his existance than I have in mine. I feel a bit like the big green guy in the summoner video - y'know "I'm in the tavern! Am I getting drunk! Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk!"

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited March 12, 2002).]

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Sharing gold for diseases can be good, but won't we get a problem when determining what items we need?"

11. Vanadin Gems: 5/31

"As long as we keep the reserves for curatives only, I can not see how we could disagree when to use it.
    I certainly think the idea has merit, and I would have no problems with Garacaius safekeeping the cache."

Sarathien looks pointedly at Jakob.
    "I assure you little friend, I would have no problem with letting you hold the money either.
    If I would trust you with my life, which I have and would again without hesitation, why would I not trust my money to you?
    And why would you not do the same? Is money more important to you than life?"

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob looks flustered. "I...ah...I don't think I like what you're implying..." he sputters, " certainly I am humbly grateful for your trust, especially since it is easy to see why some may not trust me. After all, " he continues, glancing briefly at Hayden, "there are those who would call me thief, and my...uh...negligence has put us all in danger more than once. But as to implying that I do not trust you - most, if not all, of this group are stronger than I am and could overpower me at any moment if they so desired and when we are attacked there is naught but you and your swords between me and certain death. I entrust my life to all of you on a daily basis, and know that you can be relied upon to live up to that trust. I would be no less happy were you to look after the money, or Milla, Hayden, 'Lassael or Iztar for that matter. I merely had to have one first choice, and that was Garacaius."

13. Symon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ilmennost rides with everybody else.He is silent all the way long.He asks couple of questions to others...
    'Hey Sarathien,where were you born???'
    'Who was your father??'
    and to Jakob
    'What do you think,will this druid give us answers we seek??'

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob turns to Ilmennost, "I am afraid you are slightly mistaken in the detail, sir." he replies, " It is not the druid we are visiting just now, she is closer to Phlan. Just now we are bringing the scroll to the monastery which held a similar one until it was stolen by Zhents and Baneites, in the hope that the Abbess may shed further light on its message. As to whether we will find the answers, it is not my place to comment on such things."

15. Vanadin Gems: 5/31

"I am glad to hear you say that Jakob, and I truly hope you mean it, for your own sake. I say this not because I want you to trust me, I say this because I want you to be able to trust. Without trust, any friendship is hollow indeed, and what are we without friendship?"

Sarathien smiles at the little gnome, hoping that his words have gotten through.

As Ilmennost addresses him, the elf turns his head towards the ceiling, letting his mind wander.
    "I hail from the Moonwood, not far to the northeast from where we are now. My father is Everdin Callandir of Helin Ruid, my grandfather Ilisor is a member of the elder council in the village.
    Someday I intend to return there to take my place among my kindred."
    The ranger's eyes grow sad and he turns to look at Ilmennost.
    "If we ever get through this, that is. And if by then, there is a place to return to..."

Looking away for a second, the elf quickly banishes any dark thoughts,
    Looking back to the half-elf, he asks
    "What of you, mellonwiny'amin? Where do you have your roots?"

As Milla starts talking about staying the night at the inn, Sarathien looks a bit unhappy.
    "I feel we should move on and camp where the road leads us. We still have a long way to ride to the abbey, and we should not tarry too long.
    Besides, there is no better cure to what ails Jakob and Hayden than a night in the fresh air of these lands.
    What say you all, do we move on?"

16. Erran Gems: 19/31

Iztar was all for moving on, eager to see somewhere new - with new shops! She agreed with Sarathien and used her persuasive powers on Garacaius.
    Soon they were riding across the moors, keeping a sharp eye for ogres or worgs. At dusk they found a sheltered spot to make camp.

17. Symon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

'I was born in Suldanselldar,great city deep in woods of Tethir,I'm sure you know where that is,all Tel'Quessir know of that city,and of Queen Ellesime!My father was in service of her greatness as you already know,my mother still lives outside Sudanselldar,she is a druid in service of Mielikki,the Lady of Forest.(he makes some praying motions as he says her name)Her mother was human,Shadow druid from Woods of Sharp Teeth.In a few years I will study from my mother and I will be in Mielliki's and Silvanus' grace and able to call powers they will grant me.But first I'll help you destroy Zhentarim plans and take my revenge on them...and,and(spark of hope lights in his eyes)..to see if my dearest still lives,somewhere....(he clenches his fists) I swear I will search every corner of Zhentil Keep if need be!!!'
    With that he turns silent,makin preparations for camping and scouting area around their camp.

18. Erran Gems: 19/31

Sat Online - 22nd Eleint

The party bedded down. During Garacaius's watch he heard the howlng of wolves. He awakened Ilmennost, Lassaael and Jakob and they made a stand. When 6 wolves attacked Ilmennost cut one down and Lassael accounted for another. She, Jakob and Garacaius all suffered bites before they despatched another. A howl from the leader and the remaining wolves fled, Jakob dropping one with his crossbow.
    One of the wolves was only unconcious, Ilmennost healed it, much to Jakob's dismay, but the ranger explained that his mother was a druid and had tought him to respect all life. Milla awoke in time to heal some wounds.

The next morn Khor left the group to return to the mine. The others rode south. Garacaius heard cries and they spurred the horses on in time to see a wagon attacked by barbarians on horse back. Lacking the skills to fight from horseback the party dismounted and approached on foot. Some of the barbarians rode by shooting composite shortbows, hitting Garacaius. He returned fire with magic missiles. Ilmennost and Lassael charged towards the wagon on foot, Milla and Jakob covered them with crossbows. Two of the barbarians made ride by attacks, slashing with swords. Ilmennost stuck one a glancing blow. They rode on, trying to trample Jakob and Milla. Then they wheeled their horses for another pass, trampling Garacaius and spoiling his spell. Milla kept her nerve and dropped one with a well aimed bolt.
    Meanwhile one or the barbarians had dismounted and was attempting to cimb on the wagon. Ilmennost and Lassael engaged him with swords, finally cutting him down. The others rode off to the south east. Jakob fired a last bolt at one and he dropped from his saddle. A figure emerged from amongst the wine barrels on the wagon saying: "Don't shoot" She introduced herself as Mistle, a bard who had hitched a ride on the wagon from Yartar. The wagon driver was now dead and the merchant badly injured with an arrow in the shoulder. Lassael examined the barbarians and noticed something curious. Although they wore hide armour and carried the characteristic composite short bows, they were all clean shaven.

The party gained 3 horses, 3 composite shortbows, 3 shortswords, 60gp in cash.

300xp for Milla, 500 each for Jakob and 'Machine gun' Garacaius, 550 xp each for Ilmennost and Lassael.

19. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

[​IMG] Jakob looks around his companions. "If Mistle is willing to travel to Nesme then it might be best if we travel together. They're's something very odd about these 'barbarians' (OOC: since I rolled the same on the spot check as Tiamat, I'm assuming I noticed too), and I'll wager those that escaped rode off to get reinforcements. And that raises another point - do we make straight for Nesme, or try to prepapre an ambush incase these horsemen come back. Personally, I'd want to get out of these cursed wilds and back to civilisation as soon as we can, " he pauses for a moment, daydreaming of warm beds, turnip stills and three square meals a day, ", but then again I fear what might happen if the riders were to catch us unprepared on the open road. So what do you wise people suggest?"

20. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Milla focuses on the merchants wounds and uses her healing skill (9) to judge what course of action is best to patch up the merchant (ooc: healing skill, removing arrow, CMW, CLW etc) and acts on that. After having taken care of his wounds she asks him if he knows anything about the barbarians and where he is heading.

Milla turns to the others.
    "I say we get out of here. We won't gain anything from staying here and the faster we get going the less time we give the rest of the barbarians to regroup and prepare for another assault. Lets continue to Nesme, we may even encounter one of the guardian groups of Nesme on our way there."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.