1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Caravan Traders

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by theholygit, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Fierhanith hearing Drazhar's call was about to reply when a 7 foot barbarian wielding a giant axe in both hands paced towards him, building up speed as he went. The great bulk of the man swung the cumbersome weapon in a large arc over his head bringing it down upon feirhanith.
    Feirhanith just managing to raise his shield with his left arm to face the blow. The axe head hit with a tremendus force and skidded from the surface of the shield imbedding itself in the ground beside fierhanith as he was thrown backwards onto the ground. Hot, seering pain shot up feirhaniths shattered left arm showing that it was truely mangled.

A huge cheer went up from the remaining bandits as they saw thier champion knock the mighty armoured warrior to the ground with a scream of pain.

A dark shadow overcame feirhanith as he realised the giant was bearing down on him with a wry grin across his face, thinking that the smaller warrior on the ground was not going to recover.
    "it will take more than that to stop me, you oversized jelly cube!" the barbarians face grew dark with dismay as the man rose from the ground being able to sustain the pain from the wound that should have crippled him.
    "now to finish this!" Feirhanith regaining his balance began a furious advance upon the barbarian with a flurry of blows with his sword. the barbarian bearly managing to defend himself from every blow slowly backed off, closely followed by feirhanith and his sword.

2. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Drazhar ran as hard as he could.
    He was so close to reaching him he could nearly smell him.
    An ear renching scream came from the direction that Feirhanith and Khazar were fighting from.
    Drazhar turned from his chosen destination to look back at his comrades. He could clearly see Feirhanith struck down by the mighty blow that the large barbarian landed on him, and khazar take a dagger wound.
    Drazhar turned from them to carry on running to the mage, but stopped in mid stride and turned to run towards the small battle.
    "Are you going to give up chasing me, for what? A human and a half breed?" a voice, not at all old to go with the owner, loomed out from the bush, "My, my, Drazhar, you have changed."
    Drazhar spins around wildly and shouts at the bush, "This is no concern of yours! You wouldn't understand what it is to have freinds, would you?"
    "We don't have freinds Drazhar, thats the whole point of the job, we work alone,"
    "Thats why you failed, and thats why the guild fell," Drazhar replies, rather cooly.
    "No! It was people like you who let the corruption into the guild! We were pure, made for what we did, and you ruined it."
    A tall man with flowing platinum hair emerges from the confines of the bush.
    He walks with help from a long shining blue staff with runes etched along the length of it.
    "I can't fight you now old man, i have more pressing business at bay."
    With that Drazhar bows and fades into the folliage.
    The old man snears, draws a pattern in the air and steps through the dimensional portal created.

Drazhar creeps up behind two of the raider advancing on the injured adventurers.
    Drazhar watches in amazement as Feirhanith pulls of an amazing feat of stamina and recovers and starts battering the raider back, taking out huge hunks of flesh from the bemused barbarian.
    Drazhar watches also as Khazar stands, to take out two raiders in one sweep of his katanas.
    Thrilled by the sight of his new freinds fighting so vigorously after sustaining heavy damage Drazhar hacks rapidly at the two raiders and comes gleefuly out of the shadows to join the two in the slaughter.

3. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Finally felling the gargantuan barbarian with a final slash across his head, splitting his skull from forehead to his spinal cord. a tremendus thud signalled the champions defeat as he fell into the dust of the parched soil.

Feirhanith turned from his victim to face Drazhar and Khazar as Drazhar finished off the two remaining bandits. the platinum haired man stood their above the two bodies grinning profoundly at something feirhanith could not comprehend at this moment in time. Feirhanith limped towards his comrades, dragging his sword along the ground on his right and his left arm hanging limply at his side. Feirhanith could barely keep his pace, his plate mail chinking with every footfall as fatique set in to his body.

"what are you so happy about! just because you are the only one that is not injured, it does not mean that you have to boast....." feirhanith looks to Drazhars left "...Khazar you alright. you look a little off colour, maybe you are getting a cold!" Feirhanith smiles as he reaches his friends and pathetically flops to the ground, trying to sit and recover some of his energy.

4. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

As soon as Findol found his wounded friends, he raced over and made sure they were going to be ok. He happened to havbe some elixir and some cloth and bandage up the wounded.

"Idoits!" Findol said jokingly. "At least the their dead. Drazhar, who is this man that laughs at us?"

5. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] "Who the mage? Have no idea who he is."
    Drazhar rubs his chin chin in thought and think outloud, "So the rumours are true,"
    Feirhanith looks at Drazhar questionaly, "what rumours?"
    "Well there is the rumour going through the trader families that several bands of bandits have grouped together and are raiding wagon trains, not unlike this one, and are capturing them as slaves. I tell you what the slave traders are making a huge profit from it, and so are the mines,"
    Drazhars thinks silently for a time, "But fo them to attack a train so close to a major town like Beregost isn't like them. Something's going on."
    Feirhanith interupts Drazhar, "Yes but what about that mage you were so eager to battle?"
    "He was probably a mercanary the bandits hired." One look at Feirhainths' face and Drazhar realised that he wasn't going to let the subject srop like that.
    A small groan come from Khazar, and Drazhar smiles, "So are we going to stand here arguing over an unknown mage, or are we going to deal with our injured friend here?" Drazhar looks down at Khazar.
    "One of the traders is an apothecary so we could get help from them, that is if they're still in one piece or not swamped over in work with others."

6. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

"You stay here and I'll try to find him so Kazar doesn't have to go somewhere where noone is. I'll be back soon. Make sure he doesn't try to do something he will regret."

As Findol runs through the caravans, he sees a horrrible site. Many people were dead from flying arrows and daggers to the heart. People were crying and weeping over their fellow friends's dead bodies. Findol wanted to help them all but he knew he didn'thave much time before Kazhar dies. Findol found the apothcary and rush him back to Kazhar. The apothcaries' was looking over dead bodies and finding none alive. He said he would be able to come and help as soon as he got some supplies. Findol and the apothcary raced through the caravans and found the heavily wounded Kazhar. He looked him over, gave him some kind of potion, and told him to be careful and that he was a very strong man.

[This message has been edited by Findol The Swift (edited April 28, 2002).]

7. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Khazar wakes from his unconciousness and sees a man with a potin bottle pressed against his lips, Khazar drinks the potion willingly being in no state to resist and almost immediatly feels fine.

Khazar springs to his feet and thanks the strange man who is obviousley the apothecary he saw earlier on the wagons.

Khazar looks to his friends and thanks the apothecary.

"Thankyou friend you have surely saved my life, I believe that the blade that struck me was coated in a poison would you be able to extract it from a weapon and analyse it to see if it is significant. Especially if it was to identify these marauders."

Khazar looks to his friends and notices a new addition...

"Aha we have a new ally what be your name..."

Khazar not letting the man reply bursts out...

"Feirhanith, Drazhar are you two ok? did I miss much? What are we to do now? If I may suggest, I think we should set up camp and tend to the wounded and dispose of these evil bandits, not to forget to loot them."

Khazar snaps his head to his waist to expect his swords' sheathes to be empty but sees them reasurringly filled with his blades. He thinks to himself quickly, (hmm Feirhanith must've retrieved them, nice bloke he is).

8. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

Feirhanith steps from behind a wagon being used as a temporary hospital. He stroles over to Khazar who notices that feirhanith's left arm is in a splint. "my arm should be fixed in a couple days and i should be fighting by the end of the month, says the apothecary......but i believe that he does not know that as soon as i can use both of my hands i will be able to heal my arm to fighting condition again. I estimate that to be sometime tomorrow if my calculations are right!"

9. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar looks from the paladin, to the multi talented half elf, and then to new eddition to small troupe.
    "Hello my freind, through all the fighting i didn't manage to catch your name, or did you not throw it?" Drazhar laughs jovialy and looks at his companions.
    "So we're all fine, fit and healthy, right? So we might as well help the traders and get on the way, my sword does need repairing, you remember?"

10. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

ooc: Who is the new person? :confused:

11. Leianna Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Before the group could say another word, an Elven woman struted out from behind one of the caravans. She was dressed in a light golden chainmail, and the as the companions looked at her they realised she had a belt, at which was sheathed a Great Longsword, and a dagger, which was covered in blood. Slung across her back was an Elven Longbow, and a quiver of arrows, which was almost completely masked by her long golden hair.
    Several of the men nursing injuries were captivated at her Beauty, yet they knew she was as deadly as she was pretty.
    She spoke softly in a voice that brought a shiver to the spine.
    'Three men had skirted your caravans, they were intending to mount an attack while you were tending to the sick and the injured. Now they'll have to tend to themselves first.' and she patted the dagger at her side.
    She glanced around at the masses of dead bodies, and the burning caravans, and spoke again, as lightly as before.
    'Well, shouldnt we get these caravans on the road? we dont want to risk another attack'.

As soon as she'd finished speaking, she turned, and strode softly towards the lead caravan. As the companions thought of their new arrival, and the way she spoke. Come to think about it, had she spoke at all? they couldnt really remember.

OOC: Come on...lets get this wagon rollin! ;)

[This message has been edited by Leianna (edited May 08, 2002).]

12. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

Feirhanith rode astride his horse as he skirted the hill that banked the road scouting for more bandits while the last of the wagons were made travel ready. As he was about to turn to go back he noticed smoke coming over the trees to his left. Without a thought he spurred his horse towards the source of the smoke. Within 10 minutes he reached the other side of the woods where obviously a village had once stood, dead bodies littered the ground. But these were not the badies of mighty warriors but of simple peasants. 'what were these soldiers doing attcking evrything nearby. they must have been the same ones that attacked us' he thought. it looks like they were looking for something....but what and why was a mage transversing with these barbarians?

[This message has been edited by Feirhanith Dengeird (edited May 09, 2002).]

13. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar looks at the elven beauty as she strides away from the small group. Immediately he sets up his walls around his mind as he senses some kind of psyonics trying to intrude the thought that the woman was never really there.
    Drazhar tries to shake the cobwebs from his mind but fails and has only fleeting memories of an elven women.
    He shakes his head one last time and announces to the rest of his freinds.
    "Now that the bandits are gone we should try to get these wagons on the road, what say you Khazar?"
    At Khazars' breif nod Drazhar assigns several people to helping the injured to the caravans that were still standing, and gathering the horses that had fled the sounds of battle.
    Whilst tethering a horse to the wagon, Ferhanith emerges, astride his giant warhorse and trots it purposefuly towards him.
    Drazhar greets Feirhanith jovialy with, "Ho there big guy, we're nearly finished here,"
    At Feirhaniths' grave expression Drazhar furrows his brow and asks slowly, "whats the matter, what did you find out there?"

14. zaknafein Guest

just wondering, but is this a carravan that goes arround or a bunch of warriors that save the day from bandits and everything else?

15. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

OOC: umm originally it was a caravan but everyone that was part of it has left so the only ppl left have warrior characters. so now we try to add a bit more of a thrilling story into it.

IC: It had been two days since the caravan had set off again. Many people had tried to forget the attacks but Feirhanith was still pondering on the cause for the attacks. Those were no bandits, perhaps they were looking for something........or someone! some fleating memory was disrupting his thought, everytime he remembered, it was gone again. Perhaps the cause of that memory was the answer to his questions, but how could he access it and how could it be so disceptive.

[This message has been edited by Feirhanith Dengeird (edited May 15, 2002).]

16. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar rode his horse up and down the train to make sure everything was going swiftly, and without problems.
    Drazhar pulls his horse up beside

Feirhanith's mighty stallion.
    the train had been on the move for several days now, since the attack made by the raiders.
    All through that time Feirhanith had been lost in thought.
    Drazhar broke his thinking by voicing Feirhanith's thoughts.
    "'Why would they attack that train? Why would they attack in such extreme numbers? Why would they torch a nearby farm, what were they looking for?'"
    Drazhar smiles at Feirhanith's look.
    "Just get over it big guy, they were just slave raiders, and the mage was hired in their employ. Theres nothing more to it than that."
    Drazhar looks down the train and notices a fairly burly man waving at him. Drazhar smiles once more at the paladin and gives him a fair-well before going down the line to confer wit the train master.

17. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar riding astride his horse, controlled by his original stirrup reigns, smiled to his mate Feirhanith.
    Thinking about it apart from Drazhar and Dramli, Feirhanith was his only mate probably his best. Come to think of it he feels more like his brother, well it would be the only family he's got anyhow. Khazar voiced his thoughts to Feirhanith...

"We've been through a lot together haven't we, I mean it's a bit weird really a Human Paladin and a Half-elf Jack of all trades."

Khazar saw the mighty Paladin smile back and knew that he always has a friend as long as Feirhanith's around.

"Anyway going off the subject what the hell was it all about with you disappearing, and how far would you guess are we from Beregost, I make it about two more days without any hold ups."

18. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

Findol riding his horse away from the group rethinking how his life has been. He started with a big group of adventures, and now he's joining a new group, a lot smaller from the other bigger group. He feels somewhat rejoyced though. Someone for once hasn't decided to have him join a group, and try to kill him. He has survived a lot. And also learned a lot. He now thinks and hopes he will be able to stay with this group of fine andventure's.

He ran up to the others to join them. Smiling.

19. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar finishes talking to the wagon master and rides his way back to his fellow adventurers and friends.
    Drazhar smiles to himself in thought, his head lowered to look past the horses head at the ground.
    What a group we make, he thinks to himself, a runnaway who could bring death and destruction to his own friends, a half elf who i know hardly at all and a paladin content in destroying evil, in whatever form it may take.
    Drazhar sighs to himself and looks up at his friends, deep in conversation with each, adopts a smile to curve the corners of lips slightly and canters his horse up to the three riding astride themselves.

20. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar looked at his new companion and smiled...

"Aay we make a fine group we should start advertising ourselves as mercenaries, what say you Findol you'd join us wouldn't you? Anyhow we are almost there now only few miles to go pity though I do love to tear apart the odd bandit down in these parts, I heard there's a person in Beregost willing to buy bandit scalps."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.