1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: A Mazing Place

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Let's not forget the answer to stop it might be in the scroll on the flute player, I think we should test the candles to see if the barrier goes away and then we might get to look at the scroll."

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sat night online:
    Garacaius took the candles and climbed down the rope into the tombs, quickly followed by Lassael. Unfortunately their climbing skills deserted them and they fell heavily on the stone floor. Hayden took the long way back through the maze and Jakob stayed in the Temple of the Two Gods. Garacaius put the candles in their holders but was unable to light them. Cursing, they returned to the temple. Jakob experimented with the rope but couldn't reach the flame with it.
    Garacaius used mage hands to light the candles, then floated them back for Lassael to catch. "That's it, I'm virtualy out of spells" he proclaimed. The candles glowed with an unusual brightness, and did not seem to be consumed as they retraced their steps yet again. Lassael placed the lit candles in the holders and the invisible barrier disappeared. Simultaneously the statue of the Player ceased his song and an eerie silence descended on the tombs. Hayden swung at the stone scroll case and chips of stone flew. An ominous rattling sound grew louder and louder as hundreds of skeletons awoke, left their stone 'bunks' and converged on the party. Garacaius and Lassael were raked by boney claws as the skeletons pressed in on all sides.
    "I'm blowed if I'm going to die alone" cried Jakob so he climbed down the rope to join his besieged companions.
    "Quick, Iztar, the flute!" Garacaius yelled. Iztar took out the ivory flute and used all her performance skill to play to the most unusual audience she had ever had. She duplicated the melody exactly and the skeletons hesitated, then returned to their bunks to resume their slumbers. Hayden continued to hack away at the scroll case until he could retrieve its contents - a metallic scroll with Netheril Runes. He stepped back. Iztar was struggling to maintain her concentration so they used the water to douse the candles. The player resumed his tune and Iztar was able to stop hers. "Phew" said Jakob, mopping his brow, "that was a close call"
    "Did I ever tell you - I HATE undead" Lassael replied.

300xps to Jakob, Garacaius, Hayden and Lassael.

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob looks at the skeletons, again resting in temporary peace. "We got the scroll...and lived... let's get out of here before anything else happens!" he says, shouldering his pack and only now becoming aware of its oppresive weight on his aching shoulders. A quick calculation reveals that it weighs about as much as he does, and he can only guess at the damage it's doing to his back. He stops. "Curses! We can't leave this infernal place until Fynn comes back, and even then we've got to get past the lampreys. Oh, how long must it be before look back on this all from a comfortable inn?" he moans.
    (OOC: What are the weight limits for light, medium and heavy loads for a character with my strength? EDIT: Thanks Zorac, I didn't notice the size modifiers and thought I might be able to get away with 33lbs.)

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited March 03, 2002).]

4. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

Wearily they trudged back through the labyrinth of tombs to the room with the mummy.
    "Well" said Iztar: "shall we close the doors behind us, or leave this place wide open?"

6. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"I am in no way comfortable with leaving this many undead spirits still drawing unnatural breath. The least we should do is to seal them inside so no one else could get in trouble."

Sarathien shudders at the thought of all those skeletons closing in on him. Moving to close the doors, he shakes his head repeatedly and mumbles to himself.

"Oh protector of all things wild, how can this be that there exist things so far from the ways of nature? How can they live without life? You must feel as I do in the face of undeath, for surely they are a mockery to our Mother.
    This time I cannot do anything, but I give you my oath that I will do whatever I can to set things right! It is my duty to you and to our Mother."

Ooc: To bad there are still a few levels left until I get another favored enemy, but I can wait... ;)

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

Wed night online:
    They made their way back to the quay, locking doors behind them and Milla recovered her chakram - key. The tide was ebbing and daylight was visible at the mouth of the sea cave, As they waited they were attacked by 3 huge spiders. Hayden and Sarathien formed the first rank with Milla and Garacaius behind. A bolt from Garacaius and a well aimed blow from Milla's chakram downed the first. The remaining spiders exuded sticky webs, trapping all except Hayden. The priest of Tempus swung his axe in a great circle once, then twice; dispatching both arachnids before they could bite him.
    Fynn arrived and they clambered aboard. They rowed out, between the rocks of the sun and moon and into the Moonsea. After a few hours of sailing Sarathien noticed a black sailed ship astern. Fynn seemed nervous and advised them to hide beneath the nets. He steered the fishing boat close inland so the pirate vessel could not approach too close. The black sailed ship loosed off a couple of crossbow bolts and sailed on by, uninterested in a lowly fishing boat. As it left they heard a splash and Fynn steered towards the noise. They saw a figure in the water. Sarathien swam to his aid, though his swimming was not good. Milla joined but she too got into difficulties. Eventualy they were all hauled aboard, including the half elven newcommer 'Ilmenost'. I will leave him to tell how he came to be swimming in the Moonsea.
    They arrived back at Phlan that afternoon. Most went to their room at Umburto's to rest and recover, Ilmennost went shopping to replace his stolen gear.

300 xp to Sarathien and Hayden
    250 xp to Garacaius and Milla
    50 xp to Ilmennost

Maps of Phlan available here: http://home.attbi.com/~baldak/

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited March 07, 2002).]

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob lays out his bedroll in the corner of the room at Umberto's, then opens his pack and spreads out various adventuring paraphenila - a fifty foot rope, a hooded lantern and three pints of oil. "Comrades," he says, "Lugging all this stuff around is doing my back in, so I'd be grateful if you could take this junk off my hands." He motions to Garacaius to join him in the corner, then starts speaking softly and in Gnomish "I don't know about this newcomer, " he mutters, glancing furtively at Ilmenost, " if what he says is true, then he would be a natural ally of ours - but it all seems too *convenient* somehow...

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius replies in a whisper to Jakob; "I would have no idea. After the tombs I'm rather clueless about what is supposed to happen. You are always suspicious though.." he chuckles and proceeds; "Though I don't know, perhaps it is time that we are in luck. Who knows.."

10. Symon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ilmennost spreads his brand new bedroll into quiet corner of Umberto's and begins to polish his wierd looking sword...a sword with two blades.he catches Jakobs glance and speaks 'Ok...I know it looks weird,but I can do great things with swords like this.My father was in royal guard and elven royal guard must wield this kind of weaponry,he tought me how to wield this kind od sword...though it's not elven made...it will do the trick.!'
    Ilmennost continues:'By the way,my name on Common is Symon,that's how they call me in Amn and surrounding lands...I haven't traveled much.I've been in Baldur's Gate on one occasion,in Calimport with father sometimes...but look where did I end up now...'
    'Well,I'm going to rest a little now,good night mellonamin!'

11. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"I don't know about you guys, but I would like to go on back through the mirror and rest at Segga's. I think it would be safer. Either way, I will get to work on deciphering the scroll and that writing of Milla's."

OOC: If the group goes to Segga's or stay at Umberto's, Hayden prays for his spells and cast comprehend languages and reads the scroll, as soon as posible. However, he does not tell what it says in front of the new-comer.

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

Hayden read the scroll:
    " ... it was told how we came to this place fleeing the folly of Karsus. Still we feared the Phaerimm, in life and in death. And so Yezal contacted the Plane of Darkness and brought forth a creature to watch over us. Mighty and fearsome it was, but it fed on our fear and could not be controlled. It slew our people, neither warrior nor wizard could prevail against it. Yezal cast majiks about himself, he protected himself with a Moonshield, he activated his Sun Staff and he drank a potion (#) which made him a Child of Light. Thus armed and armoured he fought the Dark. He prevailed, sending it back from whence it came, but at the cost of his own life. The Light banished the Dark. The Dark extinguished the Light.
    And so it was Ragusa the priest who came up with another way that we might be protected. After death he would enact a ritual that would animate our corpses but bade them sleep under the lullabye of the Player. This we agreed to do, then if our enemies came we would rise up against them."
    # The potion was made thus ...
    The Water of Life... The blood of a Troll ...
    The crushed seeds of the Flowers of the Dawn..."

The writings Milla noted said "Here lies Yezal, Child of Light who passed into Darkness" (on Tomb)
    "The Font of the Water of Life" (over one door)
    "The Font of the Eternal Flame" (over the other door)

Hayden noticed his toes felt numb. Examining them, they seemed to be grey and malodorous.

13. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

After resting and getting his spells back, Hayden cast comprehend languages and reads the scrolls. After deciphering the scrolls, Hayden walks up to Milla. "Are you still feeling weak from the fight with Yezal? If so with Tempus's power I can help a little." Hayden puts a hand on Milla's shoulder and cast lesser restoration.

After noticing his toes, Hayden stands, "That damn mummy... Garac, would you accompany me to Tempus's Shrine. I need to get something done about this.." Hayden show his feet. " I am not sure if I have enough money, but if I don't I will pay you back every penny. If anyone else would like to come, please do."

Hayden walks out the door and continues to the shrine. Once there he talks to his Brother "(can't remember the name)". "Brother, is there anything you can do about this?" Hayden shows him his foot.

OOC: On the way, anyone in the group that comes along, Hayden tells them what the scroll said.
    Also, instead of resist elements, I wanted to mem Augury. Is that ok, erran?
    One more thing, did Jakob and I gain another point of Con back?

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Yes of course Hayden, I shall glady accompany you, giving you all you need."
    On the road he wonders if one needed to sacrifice themselves to the light in order to use the staff.

15. Symon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ilmennost tags along as well...
    He asks the group could he join up with them on whatever quest they are currently doing...adding that he would like to recieve his share of treasures the group claims.He needs money to get some new elven equipment from Suldanselldar(or how is it spelled) for his equipment was taken by Zhents upon his capture.

16. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

After a good nights sleep at Umbertos Milla spends some time praying. She turns as Hayden approaches.
    "Yeha, I'm still a little weak. But it's not more than I can handle and I feel a little better after this rest."
    Milla closes her eyes and relaxes as she feels Haydens hand on her shoulder the power of his god restoring her.
    Milla flexes her muscles.
    "Aah, yes. Much better thank you"

"I'll come along as well Hayden. I need to get out and moving a little in the sun."

Milla turns to Ilmennost and sighs.
    "You may call it a quest, for some of us it is destiny. We have have stumbled on a great danger for the whole of Faerun and we will do what it takes to stop it from happening. If you intend to follow our path you may have to pay with the ultimate sacrifice. Are you prepared to do that? As for any money we stumble on, we share equally or we use it for the benefit of the group. If money is really all you care for, then maybe you should seek your fortune elsewhere"

17. Erran Gems: 19/31

Continued under 'Return to Silver Marches'

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited March 10, 2002).]

18. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sarathien, still feeling a bit sore after everything that had happened during the last two days, tagged along with the others to the shrine. The sun was shining and despite his tense muscles the ranger felt more alive and full of hope than in a long time.

Hearing the contents of the scroll, Sarathien looks a bit thoughtful.
    "So what we have here is a recapture of the last days of the Netheril, telling us how darkness was defeated the last time.
    A potion such as the one Yezal drank would sure come in handy if we are to do what he did... but I still wonder how we can activate the staff, the scroll does not say.
    If its powers are somehow connected to Amanuator, and for that matter the powers of such a potion may well be too, then our road has not become shorter."

OOC: Symon, Ilmennost, it would be nice if you would try to act in character. :)
    If your character says something, then say it. Don't just say "he tells them about..." or "he ask them if...", say "This is my story, and eveery word is true..." or "Friends, I was wondering if perhaps I could...".
    Take a look at how we normally do it, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it quite quickly. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.