1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Berakelkin

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by zaknafein, Jan 18, 2002.

1. zaknafein Guest

the passage sloped down for many miles until it came to their first choice for direction. The way that looked like it was made by an umberhulk went to the west while one that could have been made by tools went south. The one worked with tools was about four foot high. Both tunnels sloped down.

2. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Khazar realising the fork in the roads stops the other two from going to find the umberhulks and says to them...

"I feel that although this is turning out to be a bug hunt we still have our main objective to help the miners. So we shall go this way to look for any survivours. I think that being a member of the holy order yourself Feirhanith, you will also agree. As the safety of others is prized above your own vindications of all evil."

Khazar steps over to Drazhar now standing a little bit away from Feirhanith and with the Paladin's back to both of them looking down the Umberhulk passage Khazar whispers to Drazhar...

"Sometimes I worry about him, he tends to act like a slayer dwarf, what I mean by that is, troll or giant slayers go into battle against their chosen foe and generally seek death at the hands of it. With a trollslayer it is a great honour to be killed in battle against a troll and the same for a giantslayer. I sometimes feel that is the same for Feirhanith as he wants to rid the world of all evil, for what reason I have not found out yet. But sometimes he forgets his main duties, to serve the public, 'tis strange that but I think it maybe to do with his family if he has one and him becoming a Paladin. I never botherered to explore it very muc..."

Khazar stops mid sentence to see Feirhanith turning back around obviously a little unhappy, but never the less spurred on by the fact that he has it to look forward to after helping whoever else is down here.

Khazar winks to Drazhar and thinks to hiself...

"(That Drazhar's alright really he's quite usefull, good friend indeed.
    Hmm could be a Knight of the holy order meself really if I didn't have that bit of murderous tenacity in me... oh well back to the job at hand.)"

Khazar led the way into the tunnel with the 'Angel of Light' in his off hand lighting the way and the 'Angel of Death' gripped tightly in his left hand.

3. zaknafein Guest

They are forced to crawl down the low passage until they reach a chute and a higher winding tunnel. The chute has tracks for a mine cart on it. The lostish adventurers can feel the stuffyness as though millions of tonnes of rock is above them. (hint hint)

4. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"Hmm no matter how many times i have been under ground, i neer get used to the feel of a hundred tonnes of earth over my head."
    Drazhar looks onward by the light shead from Khazars two swords.
    Whilst crawling down the dimply lit tunnel, Drazhar swears as he stubs his finger on something.
    Drazhar reaches out and picks up a spherical object and looks at it closely. From closer examination he finds himself staring into the empty eyesockets of a skull.
    Drazhar sneers and tosses the skull over shoulder to land on the floor with a thud.
    "We seem to be getting closer," Drazhar observes.

5. zaknafein Guest

er, didn't you say that you went down the low mined out passage???

6. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar stops in the passage forcing the other two to abrubptly stop behind him and turns to them...

"I do not at all feel safe down here ifeel there could be a trap set for us you two wait here a minute whilst I just scout ahead and check for traps. I'll make a faint whistle sound if everything is ok and loud whistle if something comes up. Just search aroung a little for anything that might help us at all."

With that Khazar aimed the 'Angel of Light' towards the ground and slowly started off looking for any signs of deadfall or pitfall traps or anything that simply resembled a trap...

7. zaknafein Guest

OoC: as no-one is willing to tell me what passage you went down I'll assume you went down the mined one.

IC: Khazardoes mannage to find a trap that was skillfully made and would have dropped the entire roof on them. After a few goes he mannages to disable it. It seems as though there was a struggle in the passage they were in and there was the old eco sleleton of an umber hulk and what could be dwarf or gnomeish bones, armour and weapons which all look valuable.

8. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar returns to the two...

"Well that was a little challenge lucky I noticed a few flaws in the trap because being flattend like a mustard jelly is not my ideal way to go.

I noticed a few valuble item from the battle further on help me gather up them and we can see if they are of any use to us."

The two oblige and they all go to check out the remains of the battle in great detail and collect up the items strewn about the place.

"Well then what have we got then?"

Khazar asks as they all walk over to the centre of the area arms full and dump the treasure on the floor and go about identifying it all.

9. zaknafein Guest

There were five sets of mithril ringed chainmail, 40+ gemstones, 5 iron helmets and a bunch of mining equipment

10. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar steps up from behind Feirhanith to look at the items on the floor.
    He scans over the chain mail and picks up one set.
    "wow," he exclaims, "This is really good quality. The folk here really know they're stuff."
    He drops the mithril mail gently and sighs out, "Well you lot take you choice from that lot. The mail doesn't appeal to me," at those words he peels back his tunic to reveal the green glint on elven bladesinger chain.
    Drazhar smiles knowingly at the wonderous glances from the adventurers and says, "From a freind," He answers the unsaid question.
    "So as I said before take your pick, just leave me the jemstones, they can go to repairing my sword."

11. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

"i believe that i do not need any more armour" Feirhanith exclaims looking down at his magical plate mail and the mail showing through from under it. "these sets have served me well and i do not believe that will be ready to be replaced in a long time! But i think i shall take two sets to give to some of the villiage folk or new adventurers where it might come in handy to them." with that he un shoulders his pack and places two sets of mithril armour into it.

12. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar let the other two go first and being last handed all the gems to Drazhar but saved a nice looking tear shaped gem for himself...

"Here you take these we don't need them i'll only have this one cos it'll look nice on my scabbard."

Khazar then looked at the armour on the floor and brushed off a very shiny plate with dwarven runes enscribed into it...

"If I run out of spells I can wear this, and i'll take another for good luck because they aren't very heavy at all really."

Khazar placed his pack on the floor pulled out Beinar by the scruff of his neck and placed the two aromours in the bottom of his pack along with other various items...

"Don't worry Beinar you can get back in."

With that the angry looking mephit climbed into the pack and fell asleep on his new bed of soft feeling mithril armour...

Khazar hefted the pack onto his back with ease and turned to the other two now admiring their new treasures...

"Right then we shall continue down here to see if there are any survivors left, this is starting to get a little tedious at finding all these bodies and no survivours or the assailants."

The group gathered up and led by khazar's light continued down the passageway...

13. zaknafein Guest

They went down the long, winding passage for a long time. On there journey they saw some collapsed tunnels as well as some more skeletons which were of dwarvish or gnomish size. The walk was uneventful until they went arround a corner where a strange gnome with crossbow jumped out at them and yelled something that they didn't understand.

14. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar and the others whislt being fluent in a lot of strange languages did not know gnomish bt khazar realised the little feller was agitated and lowered his weapons as a sign of friendlyness...

"It's ok we are here to help"

Khazar said to the gnome hoping that he would lower his weapons and recognise common speech.

15. zaknafein Guest

The gnome lowered the weapon and pulled out a small, but heavy pickaxe. It tapped it on the stone lightly and suddenly over 30 of the gnomes ran out and surrounded them. The leader pulled out three sets of handcuffs and motioned for them to put them on.

16. theholygit Gems: 7/31

"Now the gnome is either a very dirty little fella', or he doesn't beleive that our intentions are quite friendly." Drazhar observes outloud, with a smile twitching the corners of his mouth.
    At Fierhanith's uncomprehending stare, Drazhar sobers up and sheaths his sword.
    Drazhar watches as the gnome first shackles Khazar then, Feirhanith.
    As the gnome advances on Drazhar, he started looking around, for means of escape from the gnomes and his shackles.
    Drazhar shrugs his shoulders and raises his arms, hands out in front of him.
    As the gnome lowers the shackles to his wrists, drazhar spins his hands up and smacks them on the under sized creatures wrist, causing him to drop the shackles. Drazhar spins around and draws his dagger to apply it sharply to the gnomes throat, and with his other hand lifts him up in the air.
    "No offense," he says to the gnome, "but i've always had a thing about being chained up!"
    Drazhar looks at the gnomes that are now pointing their crosbows at him.
    "Oh sure you could probably drop me, but he would die first," Drazhar declares loudly, and motions with his dagger at the gnomes neck a bit heavily.

17. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar stepped back from his jailer gnome next to Drazhar and clotued him on the head much to the amuzement of the gnomes.
    "I don't want any cocky crap from you, let him go and let them cuff you"

Khazar stepped closer to Drazhar "I want to see what they are going to do with us first the are obviously not violent at the moment and I want to converse with their leader if I have a chance." Khazar winked at his comapnion and whispered again, "And you really think they can keep me in these, i've already got the spell memorised so give it a chance will you."
    Khazar winked at him and walked back to his surprised jailer and willingly let him take hold of the chain on his cuffs.

18. zaknafein Guest

The gnomes cuff their hands and march them through many winding tunnels which they quickly lost track of where they were going. They came to a heavilly trapped area which they were led through and past two large, stone doors. Here there were many gnomish guards milling arround. They were led through a underground town which held hundreds of the gnomes. After been taken to a cell in a guardhouse they were locked in until a gnome in purple robes came in...

19. theholygit Gems: 7/31

"Hoy there, another small person comes to us,"
    Drazhar points out jovialy.
    Drazhar looks at Khazar imploringly, but notices his jest made no effect on the half elf. Drazhar clears his throat noisely and waits for the robed gnome to reach the cell.
    The Gnome greets them in a language that Drazhar doesn't understand, so he just gives off a large toothy smile and nods to every word the gnome says.
    "You got any idea what he's on about," Drazhar says, over his shoulder to Khazar through his smile.

20. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar looked at Drazhar and smiled "I'll have a go."

Khazar steped over to the edge of the cage and spoke to the Gnome...

"Look I don't know if you can understand common speech but you look intelligent enough to, and I was wondering if you could direct me to your leader. I have a few questions for him."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.