1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Karyst -- The Beginning

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Gnolyn Lochbreaker, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

"Really, Mr. Drazhar, I would have assumed that an assassin would keep secret about his trade. Much less openly admit it." Juhn says with some concern.

"As for the undead, we'll see, we'll see..."

2. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Zey looks to the bar keep, "What do you have for food?" Turning back to the group, "An Assassin eh? I'll remember to watch you. As for the undead, let's not be hasty in our decisions."

3. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] The warrior stirred in his seat, his deep contemplation broken by the thrown mug. He frowned at the rough local, preparing to face him down if need be. Fortunately, the bartender hurried to smooth the incident over.

Quietly, he listened to the conversation flowing around him, observing the travelers who shared his table. The dwarf declared herself to be a healer; he could sense her gentle spirit along with a desire to aid. The halfling he distrusted on sight; herbalist though he might be, Kahraman suspected he was a shady dealer. The mage and peddler appeared to be knowledgeable practitioners of their crafts, not apt to rash actions.

The halforc who entered the tavern last stirred some emotions in Kahraman. He knew that halforcs weren't necessarily vile creatures, but his experiences with the Orcish tribes in the Teeth made him averse to their company at the very least.

As he watched and listened, he caught the word "undead". The cleric was leaning forward and questioning the barkeep. Kahraman focused his attention there to see what the situation in Malvrin might be.

4. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Zey watched the warrior for a moment, then looked at the Assassin. A few idle thoughts later, he turned to the Dwarven Lass, "Would you know anything about fighting the Undead?"

5. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Rhwydd turns from Juhn and Zey and back again as she tries to respond to both their questions in one answer.

"I am a priestess of Riva, Rhwydd by name, and I have been blessed with the Goddess's gifts in working with plants. Herbalism and healing are my specialties- I have a small potion shop near Dolem where I sell my tonics, teas and elixirs.

Thank the Goddess, I've seen almost no Undead in my time, but I feel sure the blessed Lady would wish me to do what I can here. As a priestess I may be able to help turn the evil creatures away- and as a healer I certainly can help the folk of this town."

6. TheVatican Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Out of the corner of Drazhar's eye, out past the window, he notices three adventurer's. One a short chunky mounted warrior, who is shrouded in exotic armor and carrying an upward poised lance. Walking beside the obviously mounted elite warrior he sees a man wearing nothing but plain dark colored pants and a shirt, and carrying no weapons. However, Drazhar understanding the ways of warrior's notices the subtle nonchalant gait of this traveler, he notices that he steps with the balls of his feet first, not the commoner way, heal first. The third party member is the true mystery. Even from afar, the paladin knows that this man is good-looking, but his looks are also exotic, human, but almost...reptilian. He looks to be a fighter, for he is armored in what appears to be half-plate armor. Drazar can't quite make out the runes or detail of the armor, such as the insignia, but he knows that the armor is well made and has had a lot of work done to it but master smiths.
    Drazhar then remembers he is talking about undead and refocuses his attention back to the circle of future comrades.

P.S. Sorry for interrupting you guys, I just wanted to be a part of this little thing even if but for the glance of an assasin, sounds like you guys will have a lot of fun

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] As the barkeep hesitated, apparently trying to collect his thoughts before answering, Kahraman turned to the (apparently) female dwarf. "So you were on your way to Ulsmeth?" he asks with interest. "I too journey in that direction. I have been sent from the temple of Solran in Surindal. Others were to travel with me, but they have been delayed. Are you traveling alone?"

8. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

"Zo, a fellow worshipper of Soltan? 'Appy to meet you, allow me to introduce myself. I am called Justine. I am from a land far away and my lord 'as sent me 'ere to 'elp zeese poor unfortunates as best I may, whether with my sword or heaing hands."

The husky voice came from a tall woman, her black hair cut short in a boyish bob. Zeal burned behind her brown eyes. Though her armour was grimed from the road those looking closer would see that it was well oiled and kept in perfect condition.

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Kahraman stood as he turned to meet the newcomer. He stretched out his hand and looked directly into her eyes as he introduced himself: "I am Kahraman Hayat, a humble servant of Solran, hailing from Surindal of Karsim. What region are you from?"

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

Justine returned his gaze without a flicker of emotion:
    "Enchanted, Mr Hayat. I hail from ze south, my homeland, it iz a place of wine and olives. Duty has brought me here to these cold climes. But did I hear someone mention ze not-deads? That is an abomination that must not be allowed!"

11. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

"Abominations, huh? Whatever rocks your boat, I guess. I can't see as how there is much difference between a live marauder and an undead one. Except that the live one's probably doing it of his own free will, which you can't say of too many corpses. Happy to give 'em an axe lesson either way, though."

12. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Halbryn, still somewhat flustered, eyes the tall woman before turning to the strange group at the table. "Well, I can't say as I've seen 'em myself." He stops and gives the rest of the room a cautious glance. "But there's some here who 'ave." With this he nods and gives a long meaningful look to a table at the far end of the room. There, huddled amidst the room's shadows, sit three people: two young men and a comly young woman. Compared the rest of the inn's patrons, these three seem subdued, and a sense of wary unease hangs about them.

Halbryn opens his mouth as if to continue, but is interrupted by a bellow from the hidden kitchen. "Hal! Where's your sorry self when there's work for ya? This meat's gone rancid in the heat."

A rueful grimmace crosses the barkeeper's face. "That'd be the missus." Addressing Zey, he adds: "I'll have one of the girl's bring over some feed for you." Before heading out to the kitchens, Halbryn again indicates the three at the far table and says: "If you want to know what's happening round here, they're the ones ya ought to be speakin' to." Halbryn heads into the kitchen, and whatever fate awaits him there.

[DM Edit: theholygit, if you would like to join this group, please let me know. This thread is for an online role-playing campaign that began here http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000189.html. If you wish to join, please read the thread as there are specific requirements and commitments involved. You should also read the Roleplay Corner FAQ here http://www.sorcerers.net/Worlds/rc_rules.php - Gnolyn, DM]

[This message has been edited by Gnolyn Lochbreaker (edited November 01, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  13. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Zey nods absently to Hal, watching the three in the corner. Making up his mind he heads over to them, dodging feet and tall people. He stops in front of their table, bowing to the woman and nodding to the men. "I've been told you're the 3 to talk to about the Living Dead. Care to inform me?"

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

Justine's long legs carried her across to the table in a few strides. She stood a little behind Zey, listening intently and trying to detect evil around her in this strange tavern in this strange land.
    "At last" she thought to herself, "a chance to prove myself worthy."

15. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Kahraman followed closely behind Zey. Reaching the table, he pulled around a chair and sat at the table. "Mind if I join you? I am Kahraman Hayat, a warrior of the faith of Solran, lately from Surindal." He gestured to the barmaid for a round of drinks. "Ale be your pleasure, or perhaps you would rather wine?"

He allowed a moment of silence for them to adjust to the sudden presence of the adventurers. "Halbryn tells us that you have encountered some unusual creatures in town. We are here to help you. Could you tell us what you have seen?"

16. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Juhn remains seated and leans back on his chair. Sipping from his wine, he lets his gaze linger on the posterior of Justine for a fleeting moment, then shifts his attention to the 3 adventurers who were about to greet the halfling.

He drums his fingers on the table for a while before finally getting overwhelmed by curiosity. He slowly stands up and moves a few paces towards the gloomy corner of the inn to hear the conversation.

17. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Seeing as the table was now free and the food arriving, Varg figures that they didn't need his particular skills for talking to the villagers. Besides, good food shouldn't go to waste! He sits down and begins eating, knowing the others will report what they learn.

18. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] DM OoC: From our last session (including the play in this thread), I've awarded experience as follows:
    Rhwydd - 35
    Kahraman - 35
    Varg - 20
    Zey - 35
    Juhn - 35
    Mr. Devious - 10
    Justine - 5

Next online session will be on November 24th - same time if that's alright for everyone.

19. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

ooc: hey mind if i join? If so how do you want the char built and with how much gold?

20. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] occ: right i have a bit of apologising to do, to the whole board i guess. I haven't been able to get on the net for ages, due to the hardrive thingy being broke, and having to fix the computer thingy, and then theres the whole story of the thing called coursewrok, which i won't go into. I hope you can let me back into the game....please.
    [P.S] getting the char creation thing from wizards of the coast soon, fingers crossed eh?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.