1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Dusty Dwarf Tavern

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dark Xan, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

ooc: Shadow_Assassin please stop that, you seem to be better than my character at everything, githzerai are unparalelled in psychic powers and you can't just block me out. You keep outdoing me in everything from my mind powers to my combat skills, just stop alright? My character needs to have at least something he is better than everyone else at, and mind and magick are the things ok? It is simply absurd and monumentally unfair how good you make your character out to be.

ic: "Yes, I respect his physical mastery, as well as others like him." The githzerai senses that the halfling has blocked him out, and he decides not to resist, though he easily could, trusting the halfling a bit more, for no particular reason.

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited November 18, 2001).]

2. OoC: I have to agree with Azirath on this one. Shadow Assasin, your character seems to be good at everything. C'mon, let something slip by alright? ;)

3. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"Alexei, since you asked, I came here to rest up from my tireless questing. I decided that I deserved a short respite."

"And some more beer."
    *calls barmaid to bring a fresh drink.

"An interesting battle...yes? Who won?"

4. Azirath Gems: 6/31

"The halfling would have won no doubt, were it not for that man with the magical blade." The githzerai winces as he says "Magick users like myself can not act and prevail under such circumstances, had I some time to prepare I would have prevailed." He smiles and waves over the barmaid "A round of firewine for everyone." And he conjures several rubies and places them on the table.

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

ooc: Read about slippery mind then come back and post, my char is a rogue turned shadowdancer, it has armor and weapons comparable to his level. If you want a char sheet with a list of items and their cost in relation to a char of my level I could probably type it up from what I have written down. A shadowdancer probably wouldn't have to much trouble with someone that relied mostly on magic, however against say a paladin or fighter/mage my char would run into trouble, thats where the checks and balances come in as a fighter/mage or pally could defend against me better, and would hit me harder with weapons that could hurt an incorporeal char.

6. Azirath Gems: 6/31

ooc: I am not talking about combat. We are roleplaying here are we not? You can not roleplay with a seemingly invincible character. And frankly your halfling cannot be as strong in mind as my githzerai. Period. You may best me in close quarters combat, but you cannot hold off my githzerai in magic, intelligence, or mind power. And not only am I sure that it would be true by dnd rules, but by all roleplaying standards as well.

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited November 19, 2001).]

7. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

know what, you should make the arena live action only, must be online in the chat to fight, that way we can roll and stuff, and have an established defense, we need to make this 3e completely, that way the magic used is known so we know how long it lasts, bonuses, and things like that

8. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

ooc: nice roleplaying everyone

i've been gone last weekend so i had a lot of reading to do

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

So mister... I'm sorry.
    I didnt catch your name... What was it?
    You are a fellow adventurer, I should have guessed by the looks of you. A warrior, yes? And seemingly a quite good one as well.
    I, am not currently questing. On the run from Waterdeep actually, some minor... hmmm... Business, shall we call it? problems.
    I suspect that it became a draw, due to your elven friend over there. He interrupted the fight.
    I'm sure I would have won my bet, had it not been for him.

10. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"I suppose you would have. (sigh)
    I am from the far north - of a tribe you would refer to as barbarian. You are correct, I am a warrior, but I do not wish to play at battle here."
    *takes gulp from drink
    "I am here to relax."

11. The Word Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Just so you know, Shadow assasin, Slippery Mind does not apply to mind searches. It applies only to magical techniques that would control or compel the shadow dancer. As MindRead does not control/compel, you cannot "shut someone out of your mind." Furthermore, SLippery Mind allows only a second chnce at avoiding said effects.

12. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Urm....hello, sorry i've been away, because some time ago my hardrive, kinda, got broke. so when i eventually managed to get a new one and reboot everything, i managed to come on when there was the whole server change so i couldn't get onto here for some time, and then to top it all of i caught a virus....that was very bad. I was wondering whether i am still allowed to participate and if so i will sidle my caharcter into the inn at a later time.

13. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

well it seems everyone else stopped posting too, I have been busy working on my gaming clan website so i havn't been spending as much time on the boards.

14. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

ooc: I dont know how active this board is but I'd like to join.

A tall man in dark armor walks in to the bar. Sits down at the bar. "Got some thing with a kick to it?" he ask's the bar tender,"I'm in need of an waking."

15. zaknafein Guest

OoC: even if its isnt active im gonna join too. well maybe later.

16. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The door to the inn opens up with a blast and hulk of a man stumbles into the bar. When he nears the bar, you notice that this supposed hulk, is nothing more than ole beggar wrapped in layers of clothing. The old man slowly canters towards the bar, it seems that he walks like at any moment the faintest touch will nock him over. Reaching the bar he smiles all 2 teeth to the bar tender and says "I want a flagon of *hick* the *hick* cheep stuff". The bar tender quickly shoves the drink at the old man, as he smells something like horse dung and human pee. The Old man quickly raises the flagon to his mouth and drinks the whole flagon in one long gulp. The man then takes one long look at the tavern and falls backwords right onto the floor.

17. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] A slight movement eminates from the shadows at one end of the bar and slowly moves to a table in one corner of the old bar. In the other side of the bar, all attention seems divided to the aftermath of the fight between the gith and the small shadowdancer. the ripplings of the shadows stops as a chair is pulled out from under the table and set leaning against the wall as an ominous weight settles down onto it.

ooc: seemed to be getting rather dry so decided to start something

18. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

The man in dark armor slids off his stoll. Knewlng down besides the man who had fallen he gave the man a few light slaps. "Wake up now. This is no place to lie." The smell was nothing, he had smelled death before. This man seemed past death, how he was breathing was behond his under standing. "You awake their buddy?"

19. theholygit Gems: 7/31

A hand moves from under a long over coat and takes out a small crystal cut glass. A minute later a bottle comes out after it, containing an amber liquid that is poored into the glass to the brim. A deep sigh emanates from the hooded figure as he drinks down the liquid.
    Drazhar looks from under the rim of his hood and tries to look for a freindly face.
    "hey you there, that's not a good place to lie,"
    Drazhar looks over at the entrance where a man dressed in rags is lying on the floor with a man clad in dark armour was helping him up.
    Drazhar leans back in his chair and sighs.

20. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

"Wheres your manners?" the man in dark aromr looks over at the hooded figure. Sitting the man up at a stool he turns. "Why so rude? Did we have a bad night with a lady." he sakes his head, turning back to the man with two teeth "Are you all right?" he says in severl different languages.

Dead board I think.

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited February 26, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.