1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Dusty Dwarf Tavern

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dark Xan, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The githzerai leaps back and in mid-air fires off a purple fireball at the crossbow, and upon landing the ground seems to sizzle and burn, and the air seems to crackle and shift as if it were water. A sphere of dark green lightning encompasses the gith and bolts of the lightning shoot out in all directions. The gith smiles and with a flash shoots of purple energy shoot out of the ground with a bang and begin spiraling around him. He pulls the belt of enchanted daggers out from behind his back and allows the daggers to unseathe themselves. A small hole opens up in his force shield, lightning, and purple spiral allowing the daggers to flow out in a line. They begin strongly pulsating now and humming softly as they search for fresh halfling blood...

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited November 13, 2001).]

2. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The Halfling looks on as his weaponry attacks and defends against the gith. First his crossbow shoots off a volley of 5 bolts of shock burst while the buckler attempts to block the giths attacks. The daggers do nothing ecxept float in place

3. Azirath Gems: 6/31

The githzerai's fireball hits the crossbow burning it up in a flash of magical fire. The githzerai uses his psychic powers to stop the arrows in mid-flight...

4. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ooc: Azirath use the word attempt or attempts and not just state what it does, as it may not be able to do such a thing. I still have a chance to block it with my buckler.

ic: The Halflings buckler moves in to deflect the fireball back at the gith. Th crossbow move left to try to avoid the fireball in case the buckler fails. (this would be a good time for the dm to determine if the fireball is deflected, and if its not, if the crossbow moves quickly enough.
    at the instant the any of the bolts are stopped the one of the daggers turns incorporeal, disappears and flys toward the gith ignoring his defenses.

5. Azirath Gems: 6/31

OOC: sorry

The githzerai uses a spell which creates seven false images of himself and his magical shields that constantly move. The githzerai casts a prismatic wall in front of him where the daggers and arrows are, and lets loose the arrows.

6. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

*Uthar steps further away form the arena because some of the bolts fly near the edge of the fence that surrounds the arena*

7. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

The halfling communicates with his incorporeal dagger through their link and learns that now would be the best time to attack the Gith as he is distracted. The halfling rises from his table 20ft away, which he had done a shadow jump to, turns incorporeal by way of his armor, and does a shadow jump into the giths shadow directly behind him within the shielding, where he performs a backstab with his brilliant wounding dagger of icy burst.(1d10x3if critical x2 more +1d10, ignores defense, frost weapon)(and just to be fair I'm going to roll in the chat room)I missed, but you still haven't seen me. (if incorporeal I am only seen when I want to be seen, plus I can hide in plain sight.)

8. Azirath Gems: 6/31

ooc: Umm you would die! I have purple energy rushing around me and a sphere of lightning encircling me! My question is how the heck did you get behind me through that? Oh sorry, you shadow jumped within my shield.

ic: His mind weakened from all the magic he has spent on his magic he nearly loses his mind-link to the halfling, but the glimmer that remains tells him the halfling is close. He casts a brief steelskin spell on himself and fortifies it with a wraith armor spell. Letting his magic flow the gith mutters the words "qucandaezhis yaarl" and his eyes take on the ability to see the unseen as he searches for the halfling...

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited November 16, 2001).]

9. OoC: Oh, so THAT's what you did the roll for in the chatroom, Shadow Assasin.

IC: *Haen-Dal takes a step back as the swirling energy surrounding the Gith is too much for his unhealed wounds*

"Urgh, I can't stand for this much longer..." mumbles Haen-Dal.

*He makes some intricate hand movements, and his sword-sheath starts to glow brightly*

10. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ooc: brilliant weapons ignore ac and defense
    so what you did was pointless.

The Halfling notices the gith searching and sees his oppurtunity to get in multiple blows, (combat reflexes attacks of oppurtunity,I get 4 extra) 1st hit 12, 2nd miss, 3rd 10, 4th critical 29 +5for icy burst, 5th miss. (that should be enough to kill you.

11. *As the halfling attacks, Haen-Dal quickly whips out his sword and a brilliant blue flame jets out from the sword, forming a wall between the two combatants*

"E..nough! No.. more.. killings..." says Haen-Dal and promptly passes out.

OoC: It took a lot out of him. And I rolled to see if it is accomplished. I got the roll, so there!

12. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ooc:I'll go along with it even though I'm within his shielding, I'm incorporeal, and my weapon ignores defenses, but what the heck I'm becoming tired of this battle.

ic:The halfling steps back, laughs a lil then shrugs, "ok, guess I got caught up in the moment".
    He walks towards the exit of the arena, shoots a glance to his equipment which then floats over to him. he catches the incoporeal dagger as the rest return to their places.
    The halfling appears transcluscent again then fades from sight. He re-enters sight but only slightly, standing next to Haen-Dal, looks at him perculiarly till he awakes.
    He asks, "Why intervene? it didn't hurt you to let us fight, and it surely didn't benefit you to stop us. how perculiar you are."
    Before Haen replies the Halfling walks off headed toward the bar. Walking through the tables and other patrons rather than around them. Some of the patrons seem disturbed by this, but the halfling doesn't seem to notice nor care.

13. Azirath Gems: 6/31

Laughing the githzerai says "You fool halfling, your brute daggers were no match for me, you just stabbed a mirror image five times!" He steps away cautiously "As magically powerful as those daggers may be they are worthless if you're attacking thin air" at this the gith smirks thinly. "Non the less a magick wielder such as myself has no place in close quarters combat, and you, halfling were not my intended enemy. I shall let this pass for now, but I swear to you, you may beat me in a closed arena, but from afar, fool halfling, I could kill you with a snap of my finger, and if you further agitate or provoke me I shall strike you down." After a moment of tense silence he adds slyly "Now that we understand each other perfectly, I mean to ask something of every person in hear: Who here has any connections with any assassins of any kind, or who is an assassin themselves? Make this simple and tell me, or I shall be forced to probe your minds, and the halfling will tell you, that the process can be quite unpleasant if I wish it to be."

14. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

The halfling shrugs, "heh, say what you wish, talking seems to be all that suits you ." He then threw a dart that landed squarly between the giths toes, an equal distance from each. With that the halfing faded out of site leaving a room's rent worth of gold on the bar.

15. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

*Alexei walks over to Uthar, to get his gems back, but when he hears the arrogant Gith talking he just tells Uthar to keep the gems. He quickly raises a mind shield so his brain is clear to any searchers.

-Ahh, is that foolish outsider talking gibberish again? he says to himself, loud enough for the gith to hear.
    -I suggest that you drop your hostile attitude once more, Outlander. As i have suggested it before! He raises his voice.
    -This is no place for spying on peoples thoughts. Whatever people may be thinking, shouldnt be any of your business! If you suspect that one or more people in here have anything to do with the assasins, confront them directly or be quiet!
    *He walks over to the wounded elf, and helps him back to his table, grabbing a chair and sitting down right in front of the large warrior.
    -Greetings mighty warrior. What brings you here?

16. Azirath Gems: 6/31

The githzerai glares deeply at Alexai and sits down at his table. he watches everyone but retracts his mind probes. "I must apologize again, but how am I to be so collected when a band of assassins is hunting me down?" He sighs dryly "And how am I to take it if that damn halfling comes up and attempts to burn me to a crisp eh? True I began the confrontation with my mind probe, but if he had no ill intentions he should have let it pass and there would be nothing amiss. And now due to his actions I am merely more suspicious of you all." Sighing the githzerai adds "But if you have no ill intentions for me then fear not, for I am not a mindless murderer and I will not harm you, but if you do I shall say this much, either reveal yourself to me and I may spare you, or stay concealed so that I may find you and kill you." He smiles at this, and with that weaves an intricate series of spells to protect himself and with that close his eyes as he enters a meditational trance...

17. Firestorm

-Well, Gith... *Alexei stretches the word to its full length. -I dont think that i would like having people looking around in my brain either, I would probably just have expelled you.
    *He leaves the table and walks over to the gith.
    But let us not be enemies, tell me about these assasins...
    -Truth be told, there was an assasin earlier, his name was Drazhar...

18. Azirath Gems: 6/31

The githzerai smiles and says "Well here is how it goes to put it briefly, my elders sent me on a fact-finding mission to bring back information about this area and perhaps some magical artifacts as well. I did so and brought back many ancient spells, little did I know that their whole mission was simply so that they were better readied to fight this place." He sighed wearily and added "I refused to hand it over, and I used magick to teleport it back to this realm. My entire civilization turned against me and attacked me, and I fled, I teleported here." He pauses "After a few days I was attacked by a mysterious man I barely dispatched him and I found a bounty note for my head and so I came here looking for a place to rest."

19. Firestorm

Well, there is room for everybody here, as long as you behave orderly. I dont like all this "order" either, but it is the rules. Did you know this Drazhar, He vanished quite mysteriously. This Halfling fellow, he was what they call a "shadowdancer" right?

20. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

THe halfling feels the gith try to enter his mind again, and again shuts him out. He rolls over to go to sleep then hears excessive noise coming from the tavern. He thinks to himself, "that damn gith."
    He then decides to open his mind just enough to let a single thought slip out to the gith.
    .oO0 Be quiet and stay out of my mind, I'm trying to sleep 0Oo. With that he shuts the gith out again. He thinks to himself it is not his place to know, nor anyone else's. My secrets are to stay my own, damned gith. With that final thought he falls asleep, still in control of his mind.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.