1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Elgorn - the campaign has started

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Divine Shadow, Sep 23, 2001.

1. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Ducking under the swing of an orcish axe Azirath whips up his staff to bash the orc square in the face. Azirath proceeds to fire off volleys of magic missiles in a swinging back and forth motion as he tries to cover a large area.

2. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Even though the orcs are cut down in great numbers, they still press forward. This greatly boost' the morale of the remaining elven swordsmen, and they cry praises to their goddess.
    As lord Gairon enters the melee, the battle swings in favor of the arkaran and his minions.
    Still the mage and the 3 remaining warriors seem nervous about something...as if they were in a hurry.

3. Azirath Gems: 6/31

Azirath tenses, sweat dripping from his forehead and fear swimming lazily in his eyes, and for the first time... He fires off a wave of emerald flame engulfing many of the orcs and whipping at the elf mage, he proceeds to bring up a globe of blue light to blind the elf, and any remaining orcs

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Blue blood ran down Sacrafix's chest from the jagged hole torn by the elf-lord's blade. The blood slowly turned red, then black as it pooled beneath him, causing his feet to slip a little on the stone floor. His mind raced and he knew that his present strategy was doomed to failure.

Opening his mouth to speak for the first time to his new companions, he said in a winded voice, "We'll never defeat this host if we keep fighting seperately. Zey lets use Azirath's flash bolts as a distraction to form up around that mage and the nymph. Perhaps if we can defend them long enough, their magics can help even the odds.

While he fought his way closer to Azirath's position, his multifaceted eyes scanned the room for anything that might be used in his defense .... anything.

5. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Having successfully dodged several attacks by the fiends clambouring to rip out the very heart which beats within Julius's chest, the bard looks about for the most convenient place to gather his wits. With his longsword in hand, emblazened with the symbol of fire (for indeed it is a flameblade), Julius gains the altar and leaps upon it. He stabs his sword into the altar itself and rushes to pull out his harp from his satchel. As though by magic, the battle stops momentarily at the sound of the bard's clear voice rising above the clash of metal. His music fills the ears of all present and his music rushes into the battle as though wind. Julius's song is now resonating throughout the halls. The battle resumes more fervently than ever, but there is a sense that the enemy is becoming desperate while the party gains ground.

VICTORY IS OURS
    by Julius Skull

"From the vales of Aryador
    Where the swords of evil fail,
    And the hearts of heroes soar
    Where courage billows like a sail,
    And the scent of fear airborne
    From the enemies of good
    Renews the grass where it was shorne,
    And the onslaughts all withstood,
    Where the orcen blood does run,
    Like rivers on the forest floor,
    Victory I do summon
    From the Vales of Aryador.
    Victory is ours
    From the vales of Aryador."

6. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

The arkaran mage easily turns the magic upon the gith himself and his warriors prepare to deliver the killing blow.
    But suddenly an arrow strikes one of the warriors in the chest, and another elf falls as an arrow hits him in eye.
    Then the orcs are engulfed in a rain of arrows.
    " No!" the mage screams.
    "This is not over Mithura! Your petty god WILL fall before the might of Arkara!"
    Then he lobs a fireball at the ceiling and
    his large cloak turns into a pair of wings
    and he flies away."
    The last warrior desperatly charges his unseen enemy.
    Moments later a large group of elves in blue robes enter the cathedral.
    " Oh thank the gods! You arrived at the last moment Fandoren!" the nymph-like woman says.
    " Fortunely my summoned creatures were very adept at holding him at bay."
    An old elf steps forth.
    " He is growing powerful. His tactics are brilliant! We might not be so lucky next time."

7. Azirath Gems: 6/31

Azirath sighs in weary relief, appauled at the elf's power, and his own weakness. He scant speaks but to say "Well lads, pleasure to make your acquaintance." He smiles thinly as he slumps on to his knees and begins a ceremony to heal his companions' wounds...

8. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

*Zey looked around for an enemy, but seeing none the blood fury lost hold. The red Pupils of his eyes contracted to normal size and his wounds were flowing freely with black blood. He looked around, then tracing an un-identifiable shape in the air, his wounds closed, but didn't heal. Then, Zey promptly passed out from exhaustion.*

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Mathetais dropped weary arms to his sides and reviewed the wounds he had garnered in the battle. They were savage, but he would live.

Sheathing his blades he addressed the nymph and the heroic elf who had seemingly saved the day. Clearing his throat to get their attention the wind carried his voice to their ears.

"Your summoned creatures seek an audience with your august personages. Please deign to inform us why you called us hence and what service you will graciously ask us to perform." The sarcasm dripped from his voice like the blood from his wounds, but his clear gray eyes were earnest.

10. Azirath Gems: 6/31

Azirath chanted the final holy word and traced a rune in the air and with that healed the wounds of his companions. He stood and asked "Yes, what is it that we are to do?"

(I realize this is not dnd but i would like to give my stats just so that i can better define my character)

STR: 10
    CON: 11
    DEX: 18
    INT: 20
    WIS: 18
    CHA: 17

Level 18 Mage/Sorcerer/Cleric/Druid/Arcane (yeah it is strange but consider my character a dabbler in various magical/divine magicks, especially those of arcane nature)

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited September 28, 2001).]

11. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] The battle now over, Julius surveys the room which is littered with the corpses of the fallen. He checks his own body to make sure the adrenaline of the battle which still courses through him does not obscure any great wound. Satisfied of his state of being, Julius removes his sword from the altar and sheathes it, reloads his crossbows and returns them to his sides, and covers his harp, placing it carefully inside his satchel once again. He speaks cautiously,

"I am Julius Skull, a bard. If my song has helped thee, then thou art friend, if it has hindered thee then may ye be fallen or preparing to pass into the next life. Should ye dislike my words, then thou art mine foe."

With a deliberate, almost practised, look about the room, Julius continues,

"My sword and my harp then is at thy bidding. Whomever the coward was who summoned us in unison to this spot must pay for this insult. I will not rest until I discover his motives and may sing of his death. My qualities are not so much in brute force, but I am quick and evasive, While i may not be the brightest of these lands, I am no fool, and I might need my comforts sooner than most, my wit has need of rest to be effective. In laymen's terms:

Bard, High level

S: 11
    D: 19 (read a manual)
    CN:12
    I: 13
    W: 15
    Ch:19 (gift from the gods)

"May our story be heralded throughout the ages!"

12. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

*Zey was sleeping so deeply that, to a casual glance, he appeared to be dead. If one were to watch him while he slept, one would see his wounds mending before their eyes.*

STR: 19
    Con: 19 (Raczeranoc regenerate)
    Dex: 19
    Int: 6
    Wis: 3
    Cha: 6

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] I'm not sure what Sacrafix's stats are. He's never been a P&P character and I didn't think of him in those terms.

There was a class released in Dragon Magazine years ago called the Duelist (similar to the kensi) and he is loosely based on that.

I don't want him to be a power-player, but he is old and a survivor, so here it goes ....

STR: 17
    DEX: 19
    CON: 15
    WIS: 12
    INT: 16
    CHA: 9

...don't stick me to that. An overview is that Sacrafix is stronger than average, very fast and mentally sharp. Diplomatic skills can be very high if he wants to, but he normally doesn't care what people think of him.

14. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

" I apologize that I did not contact you, before I summoned you, but I was desperate.
    I am sure you can understand. Very well...
    I am Mithura, mistress of the conjurers of the land of Eliacort. An hour ago lord Gairon and a large horde of orcs attacked my citadel.
    With king Fandorens elves nearby, he would only have an hour to defeat me, so therefore I needed a diversion.
    Be glad that you have served a noble goal.
    I serve life and the arkarans death.
    When I regain my power I shall send you back...with an aproriate award of course."

15. Azirath Gems: 6/31

Azirath smirked irritatingly and added in acidic tones "I am quite displeased with these events, and I cannot help but wonder why me? why us? surely there are greater heroes, please tell me more..."
    (Yes I did change my dnd stats above, as it seemed all the rest of the characters were far stronger, and I wanted to better fit the campaign, it seems like it may be quite a high level one)

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited September 28, 2001).]

16. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] *Zey stirs and finally gets up, looking up at Mithura, his wounds almost fully closed. He bears his sharp teeth and hisses in anger at being ripped away from his world, where he was busy training. The Raczeranoc is obviously unhappy and looks ready to take on everyone at once if he must.*

17. Azirath Gems: 6/31

Startled at the beast's reaction Azirath places his hands up in a "stop" gesture and says calmly and coolly "Hold... it is in all of our best interests if we hear the lady out." With that he places a wall of reflection in front of Zey should he charge and attack

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited September 29, 2001).]

18. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Xal, his mind quite exausted, looks at the other strange creatures that were fighting with him and wonders what they are saying. If his mindwere strong enough he would try to enter theirs and learn the language, but alas he is exausted and sits in ignorance as the others talk amongst themselves.

19. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] *Zey sense the presence of the wall and turns his gaze on Azirath, his eyes oddly glowing red, as if reflecting an inner fire. He hisses low and menacingly, his hatred at the attempt to keep him from attacking.*

20. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Xal begins to feel dizzy, sounds distort, and he passes out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.