1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Buying and Selling

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

OOC: that spell allows the summoning of an elemental

IC:He then tries to use flare to distract the guards so he may attempt a rescue of the drow

2. Deity Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Drake lays on the ground motionless as a mist surrounds him and his captors. Somewhere off in the distance far from where his mind has wandered he hears a whistle and the screeching of a large bird, he then sees the bird a giant phoenix in a black moonlit sky. He looks down, all he sees is black and then all is dark again and his mind begins to wander somewhere else.

3. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Pimm considers Xalen's argument for staying in the city...

"Agreed, let's remain for now, and find out more about our new enemy. Its obvious that Er-Cam is known in Silverymoon, so if the guards won't tell us more, someone else probably will."

"A thought... considering how quickly that young drow was apprehended by the guards, I would make the assumption that Er-Cam didn't make contact directly with Dekrynn, in the city at least. Maybe, if its not too late, we can pick up some clues at the trading coster. Perhaps a ledger, or an appointment book might lead us towards a messenger that she used to contact the drow, that is if we haven't already killed the messenger. Hopefully the guard hasn't cleaned the entire place out yet."

"Also I might add that I think we should travel at least in pairs now. I wouldn't like to think what this drow or an assassin could do to a solitary member of the group."

4. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Unfortunately the obscuring mist that he had summoned prevented Xander from targetting any of the guards with his daze spell.

OoC The first level druid spell is Summon Natures Ally I, that gets you a dog etc. Summon Natures Ally III is required for even a small elemental. For that you gotta be level 5. Read PHB page 260.

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

"I agree with Pimm, we should travel at least in pairs...And if i were to choose, i'd be with Xalen...but thats only if he would desire my company of course"

Suddenly, everyone here's alittle movement nearing to them...

"MEOW"

"Hook! Come here my darling! Have you missed me? Well don't worry! I'm here!" Majikus picks up his cat and snuggles her in his arms stroking her nose and head...

"Looks like we have a new member to our band of travellers!"

6. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

He went to the docks, sat on a pier and did some thinking.
    Why am I running at the first sign of danger? But the drow... I don't even know if he's a drow, but most seem to think so. But...
    He recalled the stories he used to read about the drow elves. Their demonic, purely evil nature, the way they deal with non-drow - iblith, their hatred for good. these were the things that frightened Knomal when he though of dealing with the dark elves. He wanted to run now.
    Waterdeep? What am I to do there? The City of Splendors would not take care of a rogue without much coin whose morals cant let him join the thieves' guild. Back to Calimport? Have I spend months to come here just to be off back? Here, here someone might need my help, but there...

With these thoughts, Knomal headed back to the tavern and in some minutes he came through the door:

"By Beshaba's bosoms! The caravan left without me!

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob had been listening to the discussion amongst the party for a time, and decided to add some thoughts of his own. "I agree we should go to Waterdeep when we leave, but we could maybe throw off anyone who's watching for us to leave by selling the wagon so it leaves without us, and then booking passage on a stagecoach or something. I know the city authorities say that they disguised it, but frankly I don't trust them one bit, and think they could have informed, or even set up any ambush. I definetely think we have to get the Serpents' documents if we want to get to the bottom of this ourselves, but we have other matters to attend to. Drow or no, A thinking creature is being brutally repressed by the tyrannical order! Comrades, let us strike a blow for freedom and racial equality! Let us overcome the violence inherent in the system! Let us, ah...I don't know what to do, actually...."

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus continues stroking his cat while in deep thought...

"I've heard that if we go to Waterdeep...I would have to pay some kind of fee to be allowed to practice magic within the city...is this true?"

"MEOW?"

"Oh yes..." Majikus then starts tickling Hook's tummy..."And i agree with you Jakob...we should travel by other means save foot and that wagon and we shall see what happens to it...we should also build a few dummies to make it look as if we're in it etc. What do you lot think?"

9. herf Guest

"Well good sirs and madames, I believe sitting here making suggestion is getting you no-where, so lets go to the beggar's side of the city and try to collect information!"
    Bayne the elf makes his way to the door, motioning for the others to follow, "After the beggar's alley we could go to some nearby elven bars and see what we can see?"
    The small elf looks behind him as he wlaks out of the door to see who is following him...

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"Well, if you people insist on selling off the wagon now, fine...but that means we will have to book a stage or wagon for Waterdeep, and that will cost money in itself. But if you honestly don't feel safe, do whatever you want. Just be sure and give me whatever cut of the meager profit we get out of it. Now the question remains, what shall we do for now. I think perhaps we should split up whatever we decide to do just to cover more ground. I'm willing to tread in Beggar's Alley or perhaps seek out this thieves guild. What say you Knomal. Willing to lend your hand?"

With that, Xalen gets up and heads out the door, hoping some more will come along as well. Beggar's Alley would indeed be a dangerous place, but still, it could prove fruitfull and as long as they keep to their own bussiness, hopefully, he thinks, he should be fine. Hopefully...

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited August 07, 2001).]

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

As the others are leaving Garacaius stands up and says "Well, we aren't getting anywhere sitting around here all day, let's go gentlemen, we can decide where to go later."
    Garacaius walks out of the inn and head for Beggar's Alley

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus runs after Xalen with Hook scampering by his side...

"Wait for me Xalen! I want to come with thee...i may prove useful should the occasion arise!"

13. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

Pimm, sighs to himself as members of the party march out the door, "Oh well, I guess I'll just try to meet them back at the Inn later on..." he mutters to nobody in particular.

Turning to Jakob, "I believe we can let the drow sit in a cell for now. As he evidently has done nothing wrong, I think the guard may hand him over to us as long as we are leaving the city. That's probably all they're after anyway, and I think we should question him ourselves, as he may be in league with Er-Cam, or know of him at least."

"I had a thought about this Phineus Martok. Do you suppose its possible that Martok and Er-Cam are one and the same? If not, why did Martok want the gem anyway? I think perhaps DeKrynn didn't murder Delver to switch clients, but perhaps simply to get a bigger share for herself... What say you to going over to the Crimson Serpent now to see if we can find any evidence of this or anything else leading to Er-Cam?"

14. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Their inquiries down Beggars alley proved somewhat inconclusive. There were general rumours about 'masses' of drow in far away Cormanthor Forest. and of small bands active in the High Forest. No-one had heard of Er-Cam, although 'Blind Willy' said:
    "You are the 2nd person to ask that, there was a woman asking earlier, Harper I'd guess by the pin in her cloak."

15. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander realizes the cause is lost, turns and makes his way back to the Inn.

16. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

"If the drow operates in the city, he'd probably have a contact among humans somewhere... Most likely a thief, a person who has access to information." Knomal followed Xalen, "If we inquire directly about the drow... well, 'tis not wise to the least. For a coin they'll sell their own mumsy, but if we are to save our coins, we need to act the other way."

Knomal though about the wagon.

"How much would the passage to waterdeep cost for us?"

17. Aye Yo Gems: 1/31

I sent you my char sheet Erran.

Aerik looks down upon the pathetic fight watches for a lil while the is about to turn away when he sees the druid quit the battle and leave. Aerik decides to follow him from atop the buildings. The druid enters an inn. Aerik decides not to follow instead he begins to look for the rest of the party he had seen enter the city. Finds none, and leaves the city the just as stealthily as he had entered it.

18. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

Pimm arrives at the Crimson Serpent trading coster, and arrives at the front door. He fears that the city guard may have already scoured the building and taken any valuable documentation, but given the red tape that hinders action in cities he is hopefull that everything is relatively untouched. His worst fear is to encounter someone who has interest in destroying documents to cover their trail. Hopefully there's no one there at all.

He loads a quarrel into his crossbow and conceals it under his jacket.

He mutters a quick prayer to Shandukal, and tries the knob...

(Ooc Ironbeard I'm assuming Jakob came with, but I purposely left him out of the post in case you were interested in following the drow captive or something.

Erran I stopped there, because for all I know, the city has boarded the whole place up or stationed a guard there)

19. Deity Gems: 1/31

OCC: Erran I'm just unconscious, right?

20. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob grabs Pimm's hand before he tries the knob. "Hold," he whispers, "there may be guards inside as we speak." He raises a hand for silence, then presses his ear to the door and LISTENS intently.

OOC seeing as everyone else has given up on rescuing the Drow, I've decided it's not worth it.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited August 07, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.