1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: A Passage to Yartar

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

At the docks they met Jolly Jack who sold them passage on the 'Cormorant' river barge down to Yartar. The fee was 15gp each and the expected journey time down river would be a tenday. The boat would leave at dawn the next day.
    This left 13gp each for Xalen to distribute to the other members. Most went off to purchase rations before heading back to the Inn.

OoC: Good time for newcommers to jump in, eg as passengers on the boat.

2. Aye Yo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Aerik watches the group from a distance. when they begin to dispurse he follow the one that seems to be the leader from afar, still debating whether or not to approach him.

3. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Sitting in the aft deck of Cormorant Milla watches the city. Another tenday til Yartar. Her quick visit off the ship to replenish her supply of herbs had been uneventful. Although there was a rumour about a drow monk. Unfortunately he had been driven out of town. Too bad, she thought. Ah, well time for som excercises.

Milla stands up and begins som warm-up excercises consisting of a number of movements designed to flex the muscles and focus the mind. After half an hour she starts to execute some rapid series of movement almost too fast for the naked eye to catch. Some moves involve flip-flops that lets the occasional audience to wonder in what circumstances you ever would need to do that! or that! certainly not in combat?

Milla picks up two kamas and starts her weapon excercise. Her mind wanders while her body executes the moves in almost autopilot. I could sure use a sparring partner, she thinks. I hope there will be some new travellers. Perhaps even someone with weapon training. I could use som training with real opponents. Those sailors had stopped volunteering after the first couple of sessions. (She could still se bruises on some of them)

4. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The news about leaving the city brightened Knomal's mood in a blink. To leave Silverymoon was what he wanted.
    He was quick to run around the stores and buy a set of tools, not to use the silver pin for opening locks, and a lute, for his own pleasure.
    When people started arriving back at the inn, he was sitting in the corner and silently practicing, quckly pulling the strings for an intricate southern melody.

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander walks over to the shop where he asks the shopkeeper "Do have 2 darts and a dagger?"

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited August 09, 2001).]

6. Aye Yo Gems: 1/31

Aerik decides the experience he can gain from a with this group would make him far more marketable. Keeping low he makes his way 50 feet in front of the man and jumps down off the building into an ajoining alleyway. He then walks out of the alley and approaches the man. Aerik says, "Hi, I'm Dimitri and I was wondering if I may join your band of adventurers?" Keeping his face hidden he waits for a reply

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

Helios smiled and brought out a dagger and 2 darts. "None finer in all the Silver Marches." He said to Xander: "That'll be 3gp altogether sir."

Meanwhile, outside Thomas was enjoying a stroll when he encountered 'Dimitri.'
    "Well, to call us an adventuring band is a little strong, but if you have the 15gp fare you are most welcome to join us on our journey down river to Yartar." he replied.

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob follows the party onto the boat. he stops at the top of the gang-plank and fumbles in his coin-pouch. "Umm, lads," he said, "I'm a bit short. Well, naturally, you can see that, but I've also only got 6 gold pieces." he grins feebly at his own joke, " Could anyone spot me a bit? I'm sure I've earned some from the party fund."

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

"MEOW?" *Hook licks Majikus's face*

"Ergh? Where are you mother?"

Majikus sits up

"Er? Oh its you Hook...you want something to eat eh? Well don't worry, i'm gonna get ready now..."

Majikus gets up from bed and starts refreshing himself and getting ready.

Majikus walks out of the inn and proceeds to purchase 6 days worth of rations and cat food (Ooc: how much is cat stuff?). He then spy's Tom talking to a stranger and walks up to them...

"Hello there Tom! Nice Morning isn't it? Sun's hardly come up! And who may this person with you be i wonder?"

Majikus gives out his hand to the stranger...

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Xalen sees Jakob fidgiting in his pockets for something or other. Upon aproaching, he learns of the gnomes perdiciment. "Ah, well dont' worry, Jakob. We've already booked passage to Yartar for everyone, including you of course....ah well, ummm, that's a funny story indeed. You see we sold the wagon like you suggested, but...well, it would seem we got ripped off in the deal. We didn't have enough to purchase another wagon, so we decided to use what we gained to book passage on this ship. I know it's not much for risking our lives in the woods, but here...13 gp. That's what was left over after we booked passage for each person. I know it really amounts to nothing, but I think it might help you out a bit in your finacial troubles. Sorry it isn't more."

With that Xalen heads away from the ship, noticing a Monk put on a feat of skill for the people passing by. Xalen stops himself and sits atop a crate, watching the monks amazing speed for a moment. Grinning to himself, he decides to move on. He decides to spend the rest of the evening at the cities vast library, perusing the ancient tomes in hopes to unlocking any new secrets of arcania. After a couple of hours, he decides to head back to the Inn. Perusing books for hours on end is almost as exausting as slaying Hobgoblins he thinks to himself, grinning all the while as he walks down the city steets. As he walks to the Inn, he marvels at the splendow of Silverymoon. The Gem of the North seems a fit name, he thinks to himself. Eventually, he makes his way back to the Inn where he orders a meal from the friendly barkeep and heads to his room. After eating and spending some time honing his swords and polishing his scalemail, he falls asleep, perhaps the last comfotable night's sleep he will have for a while.

As the first rays of sun pierce the room and strike his face, Xalen grogilly awakes. Ah, perhaps this bed isn't so bad after all, once you get used to it, he thinks to himself. Arising, he opens the shutters and peers out onto the mostly empty streets filled with fog from the cool morning air. Perhaps this will be a decent day for sailing after all. Breathing deeply, he dons his equipment and heads downstairs for a hearty breakfast and a chance to relax before the rest of the pary arises. Afer a short while, Xalen stolls the city streets, which are beginning to fill with people heading off for whatever the day will bring them. Xalen stops at Optymums Blade and purcheses another six days worth of trail rations, hoping that will be enough, along with what he has, to last him the trip. He finally makes his way back to the Inn, seeing the bard and that young mage chatting with some felow off to the side. Quietly, he aproaches and leans against the building, wondering what they might have to say.

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

sorry 'bout this one, _Crawl_ said it all before I knew of the posting

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 09, 2001).]

12. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Below decks, there is a stirring underneath one of the sacks of supply grain. Gash sits up, his dark brown hair covered in straw and various soots and dusts from the floor.

He looks around and grins. No one had seen him stow aboard. He stands up, brushes himself off and walks head up, shoulders back to the deck.

Squinting in the sunlight, he hides his harp in his pack somewhat to avoid it getting stolen and walks around looking for somone to make him look inconspicuous.

He stops. He spies a man who looks quite important, and a man who also has a large money pouch dangling form his belt. Gash waits until the group the man leads have gone to other parts of the boat and slowly and quietly slinks up to him.

As he is about to dive for the purse (on which he notices the name 'Thomas') the man spins round and confronts him.

"Err...Thomas...I err," he stumbles over his words for a while and then smiles from the corner of his mouth. "I wondered if I could join your group....?"

13. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander pays for his weaponry, then proceeds to purchase enough ratoins for him and Draco on the trip down river.

He then proceeds to the ship, where he finds himself a nice lil plae to take a rest.

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

As Xalen was leaning against the wall he was approached by an attractive young woman with short curly hair dressed in woodland garb. A silver harp pin fastened her cloak.

"Pardon me sir, but I believe you may be able to help me. Could you give me a very detailed description of the drow 'gentleman' that I believe you met on the Everlund road? My name is Rhodda and I have been tasked with hunting him down."

15. Deity Gems: 1/31

Drake awakes on the forest floor, Rolls up his tent, then starts to leave. about 5 min into his walk he spots the Drow that had caused all the trouble. He proceeds to follow him at a great distance, barely keeping him in sight. After all Drake knows he is no match for this particular Drow. 10 min into following him Drake still has no idea where he's following him to.

16. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Immediately following the purchasing of passage for the barge to Yartar, Pimm, contrary to his own advice, walks down the streets of Silverymoon alone.

He makes a stop at Optym's and purchases a tenday worth of rations. Leaving the shop, he heads back toward the Bright Blade Brandished, which seems to be a new home for adventurers. Pimm wonders if business is this brisk year-round.

During the walk he casually swings his morning-star to and fro, trying to kill the jeering Alphonses that are dancing around in his head. No matter how close the fat man gets, he always seems to slip just outside the reach of Pimm's cudgel. "All sales are final! All sales are final!" it yammers at him.

"I need a drink." Pimm mutters aloud as he stows his weapon away at his belt, and enters the inn once again...

(Ooc, Evidently I was mistaken, apologies to both Diety and Aye Yo)

[This message has been edited by ArtEChoke (edited August 10, 2001).]

17. Aye Yo Gems: 1/31

OOC: No there was a drow before he entered the game, the evil one outside of the town, go back and read where they got in a fight.
    Erran do me a favor and change Aeriks age on the char sheet I sent you to 22, I meant to but forgot after I started adding feats.

IC: Aeriknow going by Dimitri purchases a ticket on the boat, then goes back to town to buy a Kukri, because on a boat all the Shurikens in the world won't help him in a close-quaters fight.

18. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Milla watches as several people make their way to the ship. A number of them also seems to know each other. Maybe I can persuade them to let me join them. It is usually safer to travel in numbers.

Milla approaches Xander resting in the shadowy part of the deck.

"Excuse me young sir. My name is Milla and I'm looking for som people to travel with. Perhaps I could join you?"

19. Erran Gems: 19/31

Er-Cam stealthily made his way to the edge of the woods and climbed a tree. From here he could clearly see the outline of the city of Silverymoon as the sky tuned pink in the pre dawn light.
    "Somewhere in there lie the vermin who dared to trick me with a false kiira." He thought to himself. "For that their deaths shall be slow and painful."
    Just then he heard a twig snap and turned to see a 'brother' drow. He drew his hand crossbow.
    In undercommon he hissed: "What is your clan and what are you doing here?"

Meanwhile, Thomas led 'Dimitri' down to the docks and on to the Cormarant. He saw Xander already there and a young monk talking to him. Suddenly he felt something behind him and whirled round to see a stranger asking if he could join them. Before he could reply Jolly Jack came up with a couple of well built river boatmen.
    "Oi you!" he said to Gash. "You haven't paid any fare. You've 3 choices, pay up 15gp, get off or join the crew and work your passage, what's it to be?"

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited August 11, 2001).]

20. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

"Dammit." Gash mutters under his breath and spins round face to face with a bunch of mean looking boatmen.

"Uuh, haven't paid my fare?! NEVER! I work for you remember."

The boatmen shrug and looks around for support from his fellows "...do you?"

Gash smiles, "Yeh course I do," He points to the harp he is carrying "Bard? I entertain the passengers? Look if you don't know go and ask the captain he'll tell you I do."

Jolly Jack frowns. "I'm the captain. Now pay up."

The two boatmen move nearer to Gash.

"Uuh...how far will 2gp get me?" the boatmen lunge at Gash but he throws himself backwards overboard and starts to swim...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.