1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RPG:The Adventure Begins

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shadow Assassin, Aug 20, 2001.

1. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Xaed looks down at his bloodied blade and quickly cleans it off and sheaths it. "What a way to start an adventure" mumbles Xaed as he catches up to Alton

ooc: Kayl has a falchion, i have a rapier :p

2. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Fezwik looked up from the wizard's spellbook at the newcomer. "Huh? Who are you?"

ooc: falchion incidentally is a type of scimitar, considerably different from a rapier. :) Also, it's 10 SP to a GP and 10 CP to a SP in the generator, so we should probably use that instead. (makes it easier on us poor PCs) On the same note of picking on the DM, I think spells have a DC as opposed to a failure rate. Failure rate I think is due to armor. DC for first-level spells for Fez is 15. Does that go down 1 for illusion school since he is illusionist?

3. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

ooc a falchion is pretty much a big, two handed scimitar like Fezwik said

*Kayl watches Xaed, still wanting to know why the mage attacked*

4. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Fezwik finished skimming over the spells in the mage's book and stuck it in his backpack. He'd study it later when there was some peace and quiet. For now, he wanted to figure out why the mage was so hostile. Perhaps it had something to do with Alton's past history...

Fezwik cleared his throat. "Alton, is there some light you could shed on why this mage attacked us for such a minimal reason?"

5. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Xaed suddenly rememberd that Kayl asked a question, "Sorry, I got distracted thinking exactly the question you asked me, Ask my trigger happy friend over their", With that Xaed gestures towards Alton

6. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

*Kayl looks at Alton, then decide he has better things to do than wait for answers, and heads out of the courthouse, thinking about leaving for Wincrest in the morning*

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Fezwik leaned over to Xaed. "Sorry... looks like you were right and I was wrong. The mage WAS out for your blood. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut."

ooc: Nocturne don't leave us! :) Assassin doesn't post on weekends usually.

EDIT: ooc: If you go to Wincrest, Fez is going with you. Heh. Wonder how Wincrest will appreciate a gnomish mage?

[This message has been edited by Capstone (edited September 25, 2001).]

8. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

ooc: quick note for all those involved, I don't play on weekends. I race my car and hang with friends. so if you guys could slow down a lil instead of speeding up on weekends it would be a great help. oh and I guess I misread the falchion thing.

ic: Alton replied, "I don't know but it could be because he was particularly evil and you guys are particularly good. just a theory." Alton and the others waited for a few hours, looking over the records and finding nothing of interest, before they heard people enter the building and come near enough to door to be heard. Alton thought to himself, "I wonder if they'll notice the to bolts in the ceiling?" Another hour or so later a commoner opened the door and saw them. He yells over, "What have you done here?!" Alton replies quickly (to keep his new friend from slipping up), "We've been researching, don't worry we'll clean up any mess we make." This bewildered the commoner. he says, "Don't you know whats happened?"
    "A few books fell and you came to see what the sound was, right?"
    "Um, you don't know what happend out in the main corridor?"
    "Main corridor?"
    And with that the commoner left with a bewildered look on his face, most likely going to get an elder who can better piece together what exactly our part was, if we had any part in it at all.

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited September 26, 2001).]

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] ooc: Er, and what the heck were we doing in those three hours? Is Alton going to address any of the several questions that we threw his way? We posted a lot over the weekend, but we haven't advanced the time frame at all.

10. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

*Kayl turned to lok at the group* "I'm leaving in the morning, come with me if you want"

11. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Alton says, "Well it would be very suspicious if we leave before they comeback, and I'm pretty sure I can convince this elder that we had nothing to do with the attack, and that we had no idea it had happened. From what I can see the mages from Magefort seem to come through this area quite a bit and you being a paladin, it could get pretty dangerous, but if you are so determined to leave go ahead. Now be quiet so I can hear what is being said out there."

Out in the hall the commoner approaches the elder with the news of the strangers in the hall of records. When the elder hears there is a paladin amongst them he calls for the guards and tells them to fallow him to the hall of records where they will stad guard until he either comes out or calls for them.

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited September 26, 2001).]

12. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] "Sir Paladin, I believe now would be a good time to make yourself scarce. Alton, you haven't given us an answer on why you and the mage had such itchy trigger fingers."

13. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ooc:The only question I was asked was why the mage attacked. and I'm pretty sure I gave reason for my attacking, ie the spell he was preparing to cast that I noticed.

ic: Alton replies, "I don't know why he attacked other than that I um let myself in to the hall of records, maybe it was the babbling that set him over the top?"

14. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] "While we're in here, is there something we should be looking for? Or maybe we should let ourselves out the back window and hotfoot it for Wincrest? I don't know about you, but I'm not so confident about convincing these mages that we had nothing to do with it."

15. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Alton replies, "Then its a good thing we aren't going to have to convince the mages, just some town elder, now shh. I hear somone coming."

Just as they quieted down the elder walked in. not quite as dimwitted looking as the last fellow, but no signs of wisdom either.

Alton whispers, "Must be a shortage on town elders for them to send us this one."

"Hi I'm,"
    "A stranger, yes we know, why are you here?"
    "I was going to say my name, but if you insist, we're here researching the area, seeing if we might find a lead on where to find this wanted cleric."
    "You will find no such information in here, how long have you been in here?"
    "we've been in he.."
    "I said how long?!"
    "Well sirr we've been here"
    "Nevermind that, what did you do to that man out there?"
    "We didn't even know there was one, not until the other guy told us."
    "What other guy? Maybe it was him."
    "I doubt that sibce he was the one that told you of us."
    "oh right, um well you sure you didn't have anything to do with this?"
    "Yep, I'm sure we didn't."
    "fine good day then."
    Whispers, "What an old fool."

16. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Fezwik shakes his head in consternation. "What a mess. Now what are we looking for in here?" After glancing around to see if the paladin was still within the room, the gnome started scanning the shelves for interesting topics.

17. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Alton says, "What we need is to find a record of all the trials of clerics and paladins. If we're lucky we may find one that actually was acquited of the charges. Maybe they could shed more light on the situation within the town. We should also try to find any record of the cleric we are looking for."

ooc:Herf, I still need your char sheet.

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited September 30, 2001).]

18. Kniaz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Suddenly a portal opens and a body of a half-orc drops out of it, folowed by his great axe. Everyone loks at it with a surprise, then the body moves...
    "Ha! That stupid lich can't ifen cast imprisonmenth ight"-the half-orc looks around- "so adventhurers,heh, mind if I jointh you?"

19. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ooc: one of my lil brothers foolishly uninstalled my char generator so I no longer have anyones char sheets. if you would please resend them it would be of great help.

ic: Alton looks startled. His first thought is, "I hope this giant doesn't try to eat me", and then laughs off the ridiculousness of it. Alton says to the others, "Well what should we do with this one? We could frame him for the wizard's death, but from what I've read in these <pointing ot the records in front of him> they'll probably blame it on Wincrest anyways."

20. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

"Is everyone prepared to leave? If so, let us go." *Kayl said with grim determination*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.