1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RPG:The Adventure Begins

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shadow Assassin, Aug 20, 2001.

1. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Xaed notices the gnome looking at him and the human warrior, He walks up to the gnome with a smile, "Hail, my name is Xaed Tahl'Aera, a bard by nature" Xaed executes a short bow, "I see that you too saw the poster on the cleric, might you be intrested in a partnership in tracking the man down?".

2. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Fezwik turned around in surprise. "What's that? Oh, find the cleric? Town doesn't seem to like clerics, hey? I'm Fezwik Ildatch, from the Gullywash area. I hope you know more about this place than I do; I'm not even sure what the name of this town is. Do you know what's going on with this other cleric they're shipping out of town?"

3. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

nm i figuerd out how to do it i will be joining soon

[This message has been edited by Dark Xan (edited September 19, 2001).]

4. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31

Xaed responds quickly "No i dont know what happend to old cleric but maybe those bailiffs do", with that Xaed turns on his heel and attempts to get their attention. "Hey you good sirs, may i inquire as to what happend to that rather haggard looking old man?"

[This message has been edited by LonnieTheLazy (edited September 19, 2001).]

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

ooc: I see someones resurrecting an RC char in my game. Sorry haven't been home to post been at the doctors office.

IC: The bailiffs look at the man and say, "Use of weapons is not permitted within these walls." And with that they walk away.
    Alton looks at Xaed and says "Now that was rude wasn't it. perhaps you should try one of the people that is exiting the courtroom as we speak."

6. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

*Kayl turns to watch the party in silence, as he usually did. The paladin was oddly distant and unusually quiet. He wore brown leather breeches, are brown leather shirt and a chain shirt over it. Across his back was sheathed a falchion and at his belt a sling. A huge man, 6'6" and over 170 pounds, he was obviously not one to trifle with. Crystal blue eyes and blonde, shoulder length hair, bound in a silver band, added to his sharp features.* "I shall join your group if justice is to be served"

7. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31

Xaed's listens to the bailiffs aloof remark a look of suprise on his face, He sighs and turns to Alton and Kayl "Greetings, My name is Xaed, may I inquire as to yours?". Xaed looks at the noble if rather grim paladin "In response to your question I will too only follow the good path", Xaed's eyes widen as he attempts to smother his growing grin "but as my old human friend once said, A penny pinched is a penny earned. I follow these ideals wholeheartedly" with that Xaed looks back to Alton "I was wondering If you wanted to band together to catch this cleric, the reward seems pretty tempting"

[This message has been edited by LonnieTheLazy (edited September 20, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by LonnieTheLazy (edited September 20, 2001).]

8. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

ooc: shadow did you get my char sheet?

9. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

*Kayl watched Xaed quietly, considering his words. Bards were known to take a discount every now and then, but that wasn't necassilary evil, was it? he thought.* "I am known as Kayl"

10. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ooc:yes I got it, I haven't looked at it yet but I have it.

ic:Alton thinks, "hmm, with all these people will I need to do any of the work? probably not, perfect." Sure there's always room for 1 more. Now lets go talk to that gimpy fellow over there, as he is the least likely to run from us when we ask him about the elderly cleric.

After much questioning, and a few gold pieces they learn of a war between 2 neighboring cities, both far larger than this small town. They find out Magefort is the more powerful of the 2, but as of late the other city, Wincrest, has taken a few victories and is poised to turn away any of Mageforts offensives. The ruler of Magefort then issued a doctrine that all towns found to be harbouring clerics and paladins shall be burnt to the ground. As Wincrest is a church community. The town of Lok could not but adhere to the wishes of Magefort in their own way, so they prosecute all clerics seen using magic, and paladins for using their weapons in an "illegal" fashion to justify sending them to Magefort.

11. Capstone Gems: 16/31

"Hmph!" the gnome snorted. "Told ya! Never get involved until you know what's going on. Fine adventurers you are, going after a cleric just for the gold. Next thing you know you'd have the High Muckety-Muck of Wincrest breathing down your necks. Twenty years in a jail or a quick execution is not a fair trade for 1000 gold."

Fezwik looked at Alton. "How much do you know about this war? Frankly, although I'm a bit of a mage myself, I'm more inclined to give Wincrest a hand. Sounds like they're the injured party here, but maybe I'm wrong and they're both just as bad." Then he turned to the others who had expressed interest. "Well, what about you? Glory's better than gold anyway, am I right?"

He motioned to the biggest man there, more than twice his height. "You look the holy type anyway. We may want to get you out of town before they get some bad ideas about you."

Another thought suddenly strikes him. "Alton, if this town is outlawing clerics, how in the Abyss do they take care of the healing?"

12. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31

Xaed eyes the noble paladin uneasily, then speaks up "Whatever we decide, let us do it quickly before Kayl here gets in trouble with the "law", where we go now i dont know, this land is foreign to me" with that Xaed turns around and waits for someone to decide where to go.

13. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Alton replies, "Just keep your sword sheethed and we should be fine. As I recall mages have some healing spells as well don't they? Any ways we need to find out as much as we can from the people here, as they seem a little reluctant to just throw paladins and clerics in jail for nothing. If we leave who knows what could happen. Plus we still don't have a map, nor do we know where their mapmaker is located. Who knows maybe this particular cleric committed a worthy enough crime I'm willing to find out, don' want to give up 1000gp just like that." With that Alton began walking in the direction that most of the commoners had taken.

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited September 21, 2001).]

14. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] *Kayl's face takes on a look of fury, then calms.* "Whoever is responsible for this will be punished. I vow it." *Kayl reaches up to make sure his falchion is clear in its scabbard and looks around, then heads off in the direction they took the cleric*

15. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Alton notices the paladin heading off after the cleric that had just been taken away. Alton says, "Hey Kayl wrong way, information is this way, and I'm relatively sure magefort is that way, as the cleric is being taken to Magefort." under his breath he says,"*sigh*, big loaf."

16. Capstone Gems: 16/31

With a shrug Fezwik headed after Alton. Being stuck in this town left him little in the way of alternatives. Even if the local blacksmith did have the parts he needed, which he doubted, he might well not have the money to afford it. He took a quick glance around to see who else was following.

17. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31

Xaed follows Alton but wonders if maybe more could have been done for the Cleric.

OOC: when is the Session 2day?

18. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Friday's session: Alton, Xaed, and Fezwick found he shop of the local mapmaker. He was quite rude, but still sold Alton a map that should be ready in a day or 2. Upon leaving they headed back for the courthouse to check the library and records. Before getting there they noticed a small group of mage's speaking to one another. Alton couldn't make out what they were saying. After they left Alton, Xaed, and Fezwick went to the courthouse and found the hall of records. The door was locked, no problem Alton quickly remedied that problem. Unfortunately one of the mages had seen them. He began yelling at the 3 in order to gain the upper hand when he cast a magic missle in xaed's direction taking them by surprise. A litlle into the battle Kayl showed up but was unable to make up ground before the mage was slain. Alton, Xaed, and Fezwick each get 390xp. and an equal split of 400gp(roughly 133gp 33sp, 33cp with one getting 34cp), plus the items which have already been split.

Alton seeing this as not the greatest place for this to have happens tells kayl to sheet his weapon now and for everyone to get in the records room. Alton goes in with everyone else, closes the door, then makes his way to the other end of room where he could reasonably say he just didn't hear what had happened as they had all been talking at the time discussing something.
    Alton says, "They'll probably blame it on Wincrest, but Kayl should hide that sword as it is the same type xaed used to run the mage through with. And for God sakes, clean that blood off of it Xaed."

ooc: I'll send you a list of the mage's spells in the spellbook when I get the chance for fezwick.

19. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

*Kayl reluctantly sheathes his falchion, then moves to Xaed. He then sets a hand over his wounds and his head and channels a healing flow into him. (Lay on hands, 2 hp healed)*
    "Why did the mage attack?"

20. herf Guest

[​IMG] The huge warrior followed Alton to the back of the room where he hoped they would be safe from attck via the guard.
    "So, now most of us have bloodied our swords, what do we do now?"
    Barent looked sorrowfully down at his own sword, wishing it had been bloodied in the battle but thus is the way of life. If you want it, you don't get it.

[Ooc - sorry i havent sent my sheet yet, i had to re-boot my computer and i havent even had time to download the character generator yet, but rest assured i will send it as soon as possible]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.