1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldurdash & EoU Issues?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by annelid, Aug 28, 2006.

1. annelid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Anyone have any problems with the ease of use and baldurdash fixpack working together?

Been wanting to run bg2 with the ease of use and the bugfixes.

[ August 28, 2006, 21:28: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

3. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Just get the BG2 Tweak pack. It contains fixes and tweaks from both EoU and Baldurdash, as well as several others.

Beaten, dammit.

4. annelid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

thanks for the quick replys trying them out now.

5. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Baldurdash fixpack has no problem working with Ease of use. You need to install Baldurdash before all of your other mods. Use the non-weidu version of Baldurdash. Here is the correct installation order before installing any mods:

BG2 + TOB + TOB official patch + Baldurdash TOB fixpack V112

You can install Ease of Use after Baldurdash without any problem.

[ August 28, 2006, 12:37: Message edited by: Sikret ]

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No problems between EoU and Baldurdash in my games.

If space is limited, let me tell you Baldurdash is 345 Kilobytes and EoU is 448 Kilobytes while BG2 Fixpack is 2.1 Megabytes.

7. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Unless you want the Game Text Update from BD as well, which will run you another 2-3 MBs and a spare dialog.tlk (8 MBs). :)

8. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Question for you, Andyr: we've been told a quizillion times that Baldurdash should be installed immediately following the ToB official patch. Is that only because it's non-Weidu? Since the Fixpack does everything Baldurdash does and then some, but IS Weidu, I'm assuming we can skip Baldurdash altogether and install the Fixpack at the tail end of any mods?

I know this is a dumb question, but I like to be absolutely sure about this stuff. Me not bright. :(

9. CamDawg

I think it's a very good question.

It should be installed in the same order (after official patch, prior to mods) as Baldurdash. The reason is that many mods will 'clone' a spell or item for their own use. If Fixpack is installed after such mods, the original bugs will be fixed but not the bugs that have propagated out from the other mods.

For example, Divine Remix builds all of its innate spells on the fly from the original mage/cleric spells. If the Fixpack is installed prior to DR, then DR clones fixed spells and the new innates are also bug-free. If DR is installed prior to Fixpack, than any bugs in the original spells are transferred to the new DR innates. Fixpack would only fix the original spells.

10. Gregor Gems: 7/31

Now I's confused. :confused: It was always my understanding that mods impose their changes on any mod installed before them. That's why I install

NPC mods
    Quest mods
    New Item mods
    Tweak mods

in that order. Are you saying I should be doing the reverse???

11. CamDawg

No, you've got it right. Tweak mods work by searching through, say, all items in the game (including those from mods) and then modifying them if certain conditions are true. (For example, Remove Helmet Animations from BG2 Tweaks searches through all item files and then only modifies helmets.) It's beneficial for it to be last in the process since it can then modify the original files plus anything added by mods.

OTOH, the Fixpack is built to modify only the original BG2 files. It doesn't run any searches through files, since the things it is fixing are known and generally only applicable to one or two files. It could, in theory, be altered to install like a tweak pack but install time would increase by a substantial margin. It also adds non-trivial maintenance costs for the Fixpack--time we'd rather spend working on new fixes. :)

12. Gregor Gems: 7/31

Okay...NOW I'm on the trolley. I was saying "fixpack" but thinking "tweakpack".

So...Fixpack first; tweakpack last. Got it.

Thanks, Cam.

13. CamDawg

No worries, glad to help. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.