1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: Favorite Class and NPC

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Archer14, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Firespark Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well first time thorugh BGII/ToB and im playing a 1/2 Orc Wizard Slayer. Bad choice but it grows on you and at 25th Level with all the best Armor / Bast Sword or Axe and Shield he is starting to just hack of heads whilst saying "Magic what magic" :). Also makes your early game play harder i think.

NPC Aerie...shes such a moaner but packs loads of spells and must be setting a record for being ressurected.

2. Grah'huk Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I prefer Wizard Slayers, since at higher levels they are basically immune to magic.
    For NPC's, I'd have to say Aerie and Minsc, the "issue" with them is probably the funniest dialogue in the game!

[This message has been edited by Grah'huk (edited November 07, 2001).]

3. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My favourite class is with no doubt the almighty Sorcerer. I never used much different spells anyway, so he is much more prefered over those pesky Wizards anyday.

Favourite NPC: Korgan. For just being the bastard he is :cool:

4. Demonater351 Guest

Favorite class is Cavaliers, 'cause I like putting the whoop on dragons.

Favorite NPC is Korgan, despite him being a grumpy little bastard. But then again, I'm a grumpy little bastard, so it kinda works out. :p

5. The Hierophant Druid Gems: 1/31

ny favorite class is a druid and my fav NPC is sarevok(cauz of his deathbringer assault)

6. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi,

My fav class is the Newt :)

oops sorry for the flippant reply I just couldn't resist Hierophant (I like that word, good choice)

Cheers,

WittyNewt

7. I prefer Mage/Theif...a theif running around with stoneskin and throwing spells like water..just a pleasing image over all. and with the thiefs use all items later in the game...a mage running with the carsomyr..an even more pleasing image..then backstabing with that...just beautiful

as to a favorite NPC..id have to say Sarovak(sp?) but other then him...i prefer to go it alone..

[This message has been edited by DeBhaal Stasion (edited November 15, 2001).]

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I find myself more and more liking Rangers, Druids, and Clerics the most. Bards are up there too for me.

As it is hard for me to pick a least favorable NPC it is also hard to choose a favorite. What can I say, I like them all.

9. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've gotta say I like Mage/Thieves.
    Then again Monks, Sorcerer, Ranger/Clerics and Fighter/Thieves are pretty cool too.
    For overall fun factor, I think M/Ts are about as good as it gets (I would take F/M/Ts if there wasn't an XP cap).

As for favorite NPC, I think Minsc makes life worth living.

10. Lord Sarevok Guest

Favorite Class: Ranger/Cleric, this guy rules! I just love playing a Priest because there are so few good ones in SoA(by good I also mean of alignment). Also casting both cleric and drudic spells rules.

Favorite NPC: I'd have to say Yoshi, he's a great theif and his traps killed both dragons by themselves. Too bad he betrayed me.....I have his heart stashed in my personal chest at my stronghold :evil: MUHUHAHAHA! :evil:. Well this will probably change to Sarevok once I get ToB.

11. saukoon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

definitely Kensai/Mage dualed.

as of NPC, I like the big guy with the small mouse (Minsc said: "Don't called my Boo MOUSE!"). Cute and powerful, esp weilding Crom Fayer.

It's pity that his witch killed by Jon, but now he'd found Aerie...

12. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Fav. class: mage, sorcerer, paladin
    Fav. NPC-s: Sarevok, Keldorn, Mazzy.

13. Black Rose Guest

My fave classes:

Half-Orc Wiz Slayer/Barbarian
    Elven Archer

My fave NPCs:

Korgan
    Jan

[This message has been edited by Black Rose (edited November 23, 2001).]

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My fave classes are F/M/T (Jack of all trades, but master to none... at least until the REAL fun starts...:)) and Assassin.

Fave NPCs.... Okay, Sarevok is really cool. Viccy is another one, Edwin is a vblast, and I also like Anomen a lot... He's really cool too.

Ara
    (How the Hell am I suppsed to pass Swedish?)

15. Sarevok Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My favorite class are Mage.

My favorite NPC is,of course,Sarevok :evil:
    Edwin is also rather good.

[This message has been edited by Sarevok (edited December 12, 2001).]

16. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

My favourite class, is of course, the human kensai, the ultimate blademaster.
    Of course, they dumbed it down in BG2. Bah!

Sarevok is my favourite companion, followed very closely by Viconia and Imoen.

17. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My favourite class is the sorcerer. I'm currently soloing one through SoA on insane mode:hahaerr:
    My favourite Npc? Jan.

[This message has been edited by Tasohan (edited December 14, 2001).]

18. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My favorite class: Sorcerer ( Sorry, an uberpowerful spellthrower is just too much to resist :evil: ) and my favorite NPC would probably be Edwin, if only for his constant entertainment.

[This message has been edited by AvaLance204 (edited December 15, 2001).]

19. gollum Banned

fav class: thief
    best ncp: BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

20. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Boo ain't exactly a NPC.:nolike:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.