1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is my luck running out?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Faragon, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Okay, so I ventured through the maze in Watcher's Keep and met this Demon Whatever-his-name-is with his deck of cards. I've gone past him with other parties before, winning his little game usually, however this time I can't seem to draw any other cards than 'plague' or 'strife'. And each time he draws either 'construct' or 'triumph'. Both of his cards always being better than mine of course. :(

I've reloaded about 20 times and seen nothing but these four cards. I'd really like to get Spectral Brand (not to mention the exp for winning the games) Could this be some kind of error?

:help:

2. yappie! Guest

It could well be..I got Wish and A helluvelot of Exp when i played...and kicking his ass in the process.

Contact extremist.

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Lot of good that will be - he doesn't own the game. :rolleyes:

4. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Does it matter so much if you don't win? (Spoiler) That way, you get out and don't have to fight the cambion.

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Maybe the thing is rigged when you enter Watcher's Keep. That way people like you couldn't reload until they got all the good results, heheh.

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

No, it doesn't matter much, it's merely that I found it rather strange that after 20 reloads I got the same cards over and over again... I fought him anyway, out of frustration :) "Die you Demonic bastard with your rigged cheapass cardgame!" :lol:

Volar, people like me? :) Don't tell me you haven't ever reloaded a couple of times because you didn't like the outcome of a situation... BONDARI! :grin:

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The card he picks depends on what YOU choose, and what order

If you don't want to lose any points go to the pocket plane and get a 'pain subject' to take all the c*** cards

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

It's not about losing points. Both Plague and Strife are temporary effects. It's about constantly drawing the same cards.

(Besides, I'm going through solo, and I want to do it completely solo. So no cheesy 'I got to sacrifice something, let's get someone else to do that for me' kindof tactics. sorry.)

9. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

That's why I only use evil characters for solos ;). When I play solo, i always have the various NPCs join me - just to rob them of their equipment, kill them and kick them out. Bwahahahah...

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    IIRC I recall correwctly you can win with those cards as well, the combination just has to be different.. I think. I have had exactly the same problem :)

Ara
    (Having a headache from Hell and a back that feels like someone hit her with a sledgehammer...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.