1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HELP! With My World Map!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Jolt, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Jolt Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I dunno wtf is wrong but on my world map all the cities and other places you can travel too icons are all like 1 inch under where they are supposed 2 be! some arnt even on the map! does anyone have any idea how 2 fix this?? :confused: please help me!

2. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hmmm a most curious problem indeed.
    Although I have never heard of this, I'll give you a piece of advice: do not use l33t spelling -> to/too rather than 2.
    and for the world map - have you downloaded the latest patches?.
    If not, that might help.
    :borg:

3. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] Hey, welcome to the boards!

Didn't know we had cartographers here! ;)

But anyways, most of the areas do not appear on the map until you've received the subquest from them. (Like D'Arnisse Hold does not appear until you talk to Nalia.) So if you haven't received the quests yet, that might be the problem.

That two-inch thing sounds very strange though...not sure how to help there.

4. Jolt Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] sorry about the spelling..its 5:30 in the morning and ive been up all night trying to fix this problem...yes i got all the newest patches...im frustrated... :confused: :mad: :confused:
    i know that they wont appear untill u get the quest or w.e...i just got out of the underdark and was just looking around on the pages of sorcs place and clicked on the maps sectiong for bg2:soa/tob and looked at the map and was like wtf is wrong with mine...im slow and didnt even notice about the problem..everyone of the little icons is way too far down..like the graveyard is in the sea.... :confused: :mad: :confused:

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Did/do you have any mods installed? I encountered this problem after playing with certain mods, and then removing them.

6. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I had this problem with The Darkest Day installed.

7. Jolt Gems: 2/31

yes..i installed tdd then removed it...do i have to reinstall Baldurs Gate you think?

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    yes, it's the same for me when I removed TDD. It wont solve if you re-install, since it is in your saved game. If you re-installed, then started a new game it would be fine. Otherwise, you're going to have to get used to it for this time through.

9. Jolt Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Thanks for your help guys but i fixed it! :D I reinstalled BG2:SOA and TOB so whenever i start a new game it will be allright then i had to figure out how to fix my saved game..so i downloaded a save game from someone who was at the end of SOA and copied the file WORLDMAP and into my saved game and it fixed it!It only took 2 days....!! Thanks for all your help! :D

[ July 19, 2004, 08:48: Message edited by: Jolt ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.