1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

F/M/T: A few questions

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sirdan, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What do you believe about a F/M/T? What race is the best for that and what weapon proficiencies should I use? Also, I have installed the XP cap remover from SP. Can I, in that way, have a F/M/T with 30/28/30 lvls (for example) til the end of ToB. Also a F/M/T when he chooses his high level abilities, he chooses from all the three pools (Wizard, Warrior, Rogue). Finally, if anyone has played a F/M/T til the end of ToB what was his highest lvls (i am not talking about soloing). :help:

P.S.: What Stronghold is a F/M/T going to get?

[This message has been edited by Sirdan (edited April 16, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Sirdan (edited April 16, 2002).]

2. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If you installed the XP Cap Remover AND the high-level rules adddon, your F/M/T could theoretically get to levels 50/50/50 (of course if you are going to play for so long). Regarding high-level abilities, he'll get to choose them after about 3 millions XP (TOTAL), and every time he levels up in a class he'll be able to pick one ability from that class list (which makes for good combos...eg Greater Whirlwind + Assassination). He'll also be able to take any stronghold...the Keep, the Guild or the Sphere; but once he takes one, he cannot take another (so don't engage in the Sphere quest if you don't want it - you get no chance to refuse it AFAIR).
    As for suggestions, hmmm... I'd say an Elf as a race (18 COS doesn't really matter since you are only one third fighter; you get 19 DEX useful for thieving and archery, nice resistances and thieving bonuses), and proficiencies in Short Bow or Crossbow (you aren't gonna fight well one-on-one until you get Tenser's Trasformation) and Katanas for melee (1d10 damage makes a difference with a x5 multiplier). Or you might use the Staff of Magi and become a virtual infinite backstabber (since every time you change weapon you become invisible).

[This message has been edited by Israfel (edited April 16, 2002).]

3. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] What is exactly the High level rules addon and where can I find it.

4. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Only Elves can be F/M/T.

I played a solo game with the Exp. Cap Remover, and I got all of the special abilities....EXCEPT High level mage spell.

Long Swords and Katanas for weapons. If you are playing a solo game don't bother with bows. Don't worry about hanging tough in melee. Once you get stone skin, blur, armor, shield, improved invisibility, haste, ect. you will be tough as nails.

5. ywpark89 Guest

Half-elves can be F/M/Ts as well.

6. spetznaz Gems: 13/31

I've never played a F/M/T, since I think that the T/M or Kensai/Mage can do better. But, is there something special about them?

And one question to: Do I have to reach 3 million exp with for example the Fighter class tog get his Special Abilitys? Or is it say like, 1 million exp at all of the classes and then I get the Special Abilitys?

7. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Multiclass characters get the special abilities when the total exp reaches 3m or so (I asume at next level up).

8. Israfel Gems: 4/31

The triple-class mages not getting their high level spells is a ToB bug that has been corrected in the latest Baldurdash fix pack. Download and install it (as everybody should).

9. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yup, I soloed a FMT before that bugfix was out. But I didnt miss out on alot, just the extra level 6,7,8 bonusses.

10. spetznaz Gems: 13/31

Where to download?

11. Thor'Horad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Oh, perhaps lacking high-level mage spell of F/M/T is NOT a bug.
    with the normal ex-cap, one can't go beyond 8M, and then divided by 3, no more than 2,666,666 each class.
    well, that's a level 17 mage, who can't reach level 9 spells.
    How could he use the level 10 spells even if he does have them?:rolleyes::p

12. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

F/M/T
    Elf most certainly.

I'd advice on dualwielding, preferably scimitars and longswords (with katana's you always end up with overpowered celestial fury, more versatility with longswords) I use Belm and Usuno's blade at the moment. (In Spellhold)

If you really want to overdo it, dualwield CromFaeyr with CelestialFury...

You will get lots of protection spells on the lower mage levels, the higher level come the bigdamagers.

As for Stronghold, You can for sure get the mage one, or the fighter one. I don't know about the Thief's. You 'can' get both the fighter and mage stronghold, but that'd be cheating :)

13. Thor'Horad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yeah, of course F/M/T could get thief stronghold. (I'm a guildmaster now):D

14. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

why would getting 2 strongholds be cheating? I did it, and didn't even know that I could! When I was playing solo, I did the planer sphere quest, and did all of the mage stronghold sub quests right up to the conclusion (graduation for the apprenti). Later on in the game I finially did the D'Ardness hold, and guess what, that was offered to me as a stronghold. Apparentyl, of you complete all of the quests in one stronghold you can get another stronghold.

15. Israfel Gems: 4/31

Yours must probably be a bug. If BG2 doesn't allow you to have two strongholds at once, whether you have done the quest or not matters very little. But if I were you, I'd keep this bug...I agree that there is no real reason to not being able to have 2 strongholds (except maybe game balance, but they don't provide you that many items and quests [except the Planar Sphere], so...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.