1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TOB New Innate Abilities

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Big B, May 24, 2001.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Some of the previews have mentioned NPC's getting new innate abilities at higher levels. Edwin, for example, get's "Dragon's Breath" once he is a really high level of course. I don't think one special ability no matter how cool it is will change people's views about how useful a certain NPC is, but this will be interesting. Leaving us to wonder what the other NPC's get...but not for long :D

2. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

not everyone will get new abilities

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Isn't the speciel abilities class related?

4. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I thought everybody gets high level ability. I mean, they all are at a high level!
    Well at least I'll have Edwin and Sarevok in my party, they're the best!!!

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Da Punisher, don't forget to take Viconia, her special ability is... *khm*

obscene talks are forbidden here :(

6. cathon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

To clarify:
    All characters will have high-level abilities, though they are class-related abilities, not so much innate. Fighters get special combat moves, Thieves get new abilities, Mages and Clerics get high level spells, etc. Nothing to do with Bhaal-Spawn abilities. Only you, Imoen, Sarevok, and your other relatives should have those.

There is a 2nd Edition book called High Level Adventures or something, probably most of the abilities will be taken out of that book. Basically, you get the ability to perform amazing feats to show off just how studly you are ;->.

7. antoine Guest

is that book somewhere on the internet, because i would like to check out those special abilities for myself

8. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I just find it annoying whin Irenicus steals you abilities, that damnable ex(ile)-elf.

9. cathon Gems: 5/31

It is not a netbook, it is a TSR publication, so anyone putting it up would be violating copyright. That said, there could be a listing of high level abilities somewhere, or some netizens ideas for different abilities.

AD&D DM Option High Level Campaigns is the title of the book, I see copies on Ebay and Amazon auction areas. And if you have a local gaming store that still has 2nd Edition stuff they may have it.

10. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Could you name and descripe some of those high level special abilyties, please.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  12. antoine Guest

that looks like some nice moves, I can't wait till ToB is in the stores

13. Lothar Gems: 5/31

The new abilities look as though they will be really cool. I'm especially looking forward to potion making (thief skill). I also think that fighting giants (not a weak-sauce ettin, in the fish-people (saguine sp?) city, but fire giants as are mentioned in the sorcerer's place description of ToB (linked to by Tal).

Also, who else thinks that Dragon's Breath sounds a hell of a lot like the spell Guardian from Diablo? Ah well, my 2 cents.

14. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm kinda curious wat kind of special abilities monks will get.

hands as +5weapons?

15. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Does the different abilities change depending on which kind of char u have, like an assasin. It didn't say anything about mages either, whats up with that, but it deffinately sounds like a kick ass game.... YOU CAN HAVE SAREVOK IN YOUR PARTY why did i not get told of that...god i have beeen of the site for ages, or i'm just not getting out enough. Er stupid quetion here...ho do u get him seeming he's DEAD.

16. antoine Guest

so everybody you've killed in BG1 (Shank and Carbos, Edwin, Tazok etc.) have come back to live so why not Sarevok. Or maybe when you meet him in the nine hells you can take him with you

17. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I don't know who Shank and Carbos are, but I didn't kill Tazok or Edwin. Edwin was in fact with me the whole game, but I didn't finish it (I stopped when I had to get through that maze, chasing Sarevok). So maybe that's why they return... ;) Well, I did kill Sarevok in the Nine Hells... But then again, ever heard of the best spell in the game, called ressurection...???!! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.