1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Big Metal Unit?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Orkrist the Cleaver, May 5, 2002.

1. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Unfortunately, I had the Golden pantaloons in Imoen's inventory when I ended BG1, and when I last played BG2 I managed to get all the other ingredients. So, what is this CLUA console thing and how can I import/create the pants in BG2? Sorry if its a dumb question, but I'd love to get the BMU and check it out.

2. iirc if you imported a character that had the golden pantaloons on them, they would be in the picture in the first room you go to to get all the wapons and armor.
    Not sure on the CLUA code for them though..

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

First you need to activate the console, so do the following:
    Enter the Baldur's Gate II directory and find the baldur.ini file. (Should be in the main Baldur's Gate folder.)
    Double click on it, and the .ini file will open in Notepad. Scroll down in the file until you reach the heading Program Options, and underneath, you should find a list of commands with numbers following (i.e., BitsPerPixel=16, Acceleration=0, etc.). Begin a new line anywhere under the Program Options heading, and write the command line: Debug Mode=1. (If this doesn't work in your game, write Cheats=1 under [Game Options] instead.)

This will tell the game to accept cheats and you will be able to enter the console. Save this file and exit.
    Now start the game and open the console prompt by pressing Ctrl and the space bar.

After that is done, you will need to type in the console the following, exactly as it appears here, i.e. speach marks and all:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("misc47")

[just slightly edited, don't get mad ;) - Ex]

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 05, 2002).]

4. Magus800 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] The code for the Big Metal Unit is
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("x")

Don't put X in put all of these,
    Secret01
    Secret02
    Secret03
    Secret04
    Secret05

Each is a different thing, one is a ranged weapon, one is the BMU, and the other three are ammo for the BMR, the ranged weapon.

5. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Thanks, but i just ant to get the Gold pants and go through the process, at leats I think. Also, can I import an item with Shadowkeeper?

[Yes, you can - Ex]

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 06, 2002).]

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Why do you want the gold platoons for?

7. yappie! Guest

[​IMG] For the BMU!:rolleyes: (Big Metal Unit):rolleyes::lol:

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you import a BG1 game with the gold pants then you find them in the portrait with the potion and +1 dagger (The first dungeon, Irenicus)

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

(Dopey Question) Whats a big metal unit?

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Using the search engine prevents dopey questions. BMU is an easter-egg sort of armour with sky-high stats which makes you look like an adamantine golem. It's made out of all the pants and pantalettes.

11. Lord Warrior Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

the codes for all 3 pantaloons are:
    misc47 misc5o misccb
    i don't know which one is for which pantaloons, but you'll discover

12. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Wow, The big metal unit is a coo! thing, but I don't like being a Juggernaught Golem.
    I'm sooo beautiful. The unit itself is not so funny, but the metal rod is a good joke.
    (Frag grenade rules.)
    The only problem with this is the next one:
    Not everyone has BG I. Who doesn't have it will ALWAYS have to cheat, and this is a bad point because who doesn't want an equipment like this?
    Other thing: it looks cool, but the monsters who hit -6AC will also hit-15 or lower AC.
    I made a try and created a full cheated in a very good character (-28 AC, 1018HP, 50th level ranger...) and I tried Enkidu's plate, and I tried the Unit... it didn't make much difference.( One difference: I couldn't use the doors in Irenicus' dungeon..):rolleyes:
    So, I don't think BMU is such a great thing.
    The best armor and that's all.
    You can get good armors without cheating...

13. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

This is an old post but what are the stats for the BMU? I am curious since I have not created it.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

BMU stats (AFAIK, tested on Sarevok):

- 5 magic resistance
    - Slashing resistance -3
    - Missile resistance -3
    - Piercing resistance -3
    - AC of -10
    - look like a juggernaut golem, which means you are *huge* and might not fit through doors and such

15. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

Oh... Can anyone use this armor? Mage, Kensai, etc... Or only warriors?

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, I had Jan and Edwin and they couldn't wear it. Then again, I have all those patches which might be the reason. The walkthroughs I have say it's useable by anyone. The best I can say is to try it and find out. The item description says bupkiss - just a history of the BMU.

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I never found the BMU very useful. I have Sarevok use it for a bit, but it wasn't that big of an improvement. Taking it on and off to go through doors was a real pain.

18. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I did it once to see what it was. That was enough.

19. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Are the weapons you can make any good? this is one part of the game i have never been botrered to explore

20. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, it is a cool item and a nice bonus for those who like exploring in CRPGs. The main problem is that by the time you get it (near the end of the game) you are already so ridiculously overpowered and packed with all kinds of weapons of mass destruction that BMU looks indeed useless. After all it is not the best suit of armour in the game and the fact that you have to constantly take it off to go through doors is much too irritating. The description rules though. "Crossbow" too.

BTW is there a way to get more special ammo for it other than the ones made from the third pair?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.