1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kuatoan Prince !

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bassil Warbone, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Have you ever beaten the Kuatoan Prince in a stand-up fight without using the tainted tadpoles or charming him and then sacrificing him on the alter and activating all of those demon knights? If so how did you do it?

2. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I think that he is invincible up until you use the tainted tadpoles, but then again I have never tried to beat him in a stand up fight. Using summon animals on the alter is much better than charming the prince aswell as you get the XP for killing him yourself.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

He's not invincible, but he's very tough. I've done it when soloing, but never with a party.

4. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

How did you beat him soloing? What class & tactics did you use?

5. Felinoid

My Thief15->Fighter just wailed on him (with HLAs, I believe). I don't think I was able to backstab because I'm pretty sure he saw me despite being hidden in shadows. I beat him because I was high level. *shrug*

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I just pound on him with my fighters. If I can work it, I box him in so he can't run. I know he has those bracers, but that Haste can't last for five minutes (it never does for Anomen).

I've never been able to find the tainted tadpoles.

Last time I was by there, he became invinceable for some reason.

7. Tressym Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Odd, i actually beat him by sending the char with the best AC {Viconia, at that point} to engage him in melee, and having everyone else shoot him constantly. I didn't know the tainted tadpoles can weaken kuo-toans that are already born. I used them after clearing the area, and pondered why i'm not getting any experience, lol.

8. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

I have never had a character beat him 1on1 without tainting the tadpole pool but I had a dual class swashbuckler-fighter beat him down so bad that a flame strike and a flaming arrow did him in.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

He falls easily to magic, I have found out in all my previous games. He can be tough, but if you protect yourself with tons of spells, he is a weakling, I can not believe he is equal of a Hive Mother or Master Brain.

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I never thought of that, but you're absolutely correct. It's not even close to be honest - by far the easiest of the three to do, espcially considering the items you get. I typically do all three anyway, but there's no real reason to do the other ones unless you trying to get the final parts to the various items for Cromwell to forge.

11. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

@Kuemper: the tainted tadpoles are in one of the earlier rooms in the area, before the fork in the road in which one way leads to the bridge.

I thought that without tainted tadpoles, the Kuo Toa prince regenerates super fast (think greater werewolf?), which makes him hard to kill. I thought that using the tadpoles either slows his regeneration or stops it completely, making it easier. I haven't been able to kill him without the tadpoles.

I've also had a strange problem in that area before, where Kuo Toa in previously cleared rooms would suddenly reappear and ambush me. I thought before that using the tadpoles may prevent this too.

12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Odd, I never had a problem defeating him and he normally comes storming out to fight me before I get a chance to use the tadpoles. However, at that point in the game, the party is generally high enough level to consider him a pushover. Perhaps his caves were designed as an easier alternative to the other caves so that low level parties would have more of a chance.

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Kuo-Toas are wimps. I beat them all today, a few minutes ago. Just lure all of them to same spot, and wipe them off with a simple Death spell, they are gone for good. Also, Prince can fall to a Finger of Death.

Nazariel the lich was nice addition from Quest Pack, BUT that imprisoned lichess Lydia had my party scatter like children when she summoned a Fallen Planetar. Who! She was beatable though in the end. :)

Now I will challenge Improved Mind Flayer City and if I can get out of that place, Beholder Den. (gasp) wish me luck.

14. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Silverstar, you're such a role model :D

15. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I used to do it by killing off all his support first, then surrounding him with all the fighters, and then and ONLY then casting Haste. Usually works.

16. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

I just want to see someone beat him in a 1on1 melee fight. Just to see if it is possible to kill him without magic or tainting the pool.

17. Felinoid

See my last post. It was a solo game, and a Thief->Fighter doesn't have access to thief HLAs like UAI to add magic into the mix (unless you go ridiculously deep into the thief levels, which I didn't do). Or are you counting out even Fighter HLAs?

18. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

Yes, I am counting out all HLAs. Just a single PC, his weapons, and his non-damage dealing equipment.

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    But if you were soloing, you should already HAVE HLAs at that point. If you're talking about a character without HLAs, then you natually have a party, so there would be no reason to use only one character. Either way, your conditions are completely artificial.

20. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Actually, I charged him with Minsc and whoever my other two fighters are and he was dead before I managed to get one spell off. Never got a chance to use the tadpoles. He regens like crazy but not when you can kill him in two hits.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.