1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Improved Chaos Shield Scroll?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Big B, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Was anyone able to find one of these. I played a wild mage through BG2 and ToB always assuming I would find an improved chaos shield scroll, so I could learn that spell but I didn't. Did I goof somehow?

2. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I didn't fine one ethier. I think you have to chose it as a starting spell.

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Too bad you can't, unless you start your wild mage in ToB.

4. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

you cant.. it's a Wild MAge only thing, like the Chaos Shield and the the Reckless Dweomer spell... and if im right.. you can only pick them when u create ur character..

5. Big B Gems: 27/31

Yeah I know it's for wild mages only, but they could've hidden a couple of improved chaos shield scrolls here and there in the later chapters for those wild mages that started in BG2. The scrolls could be unusable and red to all other mages. Oh well, one can wish.

6. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

well.. i said if im right... you should only be able to choose those spells at the start coz i'm not sure.. but i think i did at one time come across a wild magic scroll.. i think it was improved chaos shield.. then again i might be wrong.. ive been playing BG1 so i cant exactly remember whether my orange plastered sex-changed wildmage got that scroll...

7. Haymaker D'apeon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If you get the latest TOB patch the improved chaos shield will be added to your spellbook automatically. No scroll require. How neat is that. Go download it on the bioware website.

8. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Spiffy. That's good because it makes it more fair that people who start wild mages in BG2 should not be denied improved chaos shield.

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Do you need to start a new wild mage for that or will it add the spell for any old wild mage characters?

10. Haymaker D'apeon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You do not need to start a new wildmage for that. Once the patch is installed the 'improve chaos shield' should appear in your spell book, level 7. Atleast it did with my existing wild mage. Heh ;). I'm playing a cleric/wild mage multiclass and its awesome. !

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.