1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The creature type (not individual) I hate in ToB

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I guess you didn't watch the boards much because you are new so you didn't see all the posts about hating creatures like mind flayers, adamantine golems, umber hulks, ...

Anyway the one hate the most must be clay golem because I mostly play solo and very rarely use blunt or spiked weapons so I must give all my efforts just to kill one of them. :flaming: :mad: :bang:

3. Gladiator Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Liches is always giving me a hard time, especially since I usually solo Fighters, Berserkers and the likes.
    Kangaxx is the worst, as he is a Demi-Lich as well.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Mages with their illusion magicks really piss me off with low level party.
    Vampires only becouse of level drain.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Ultharids are the only things that are somewhat frustrating to me (at lower levels). My first time through the game, mages were a pain, until I learned how to dispell their magics.

6. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Anything that level drains my spell casters, a pain or what!

7. Gladiator Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Level Drain has never been any mayor problem for me, atleast not when I'm a spellcaster. One Negative Plain Protection or wearing the Amulet of Power, and the vampires dont stand a chance. :)

8. Lord Ogre Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, since I'm at such an high level, I have no real pain in the ass anymore, except maybe Ulitharids as they drain intelligence and if they do that twice to my main character, he's dead, but I just let them pursui him and shoot them down with the other 5 of my party...

I don't understand why you all hate undead so much! I have Viconia and she goes up in levels so quickly, that she is already a lvl 27 cleric and guess what... She's got a holy symbol. Let here use it and let a fighter attack all your new-created friends with the mace of disruption or the runic hammer (This way you're immune to lvl drain, just in case something might go wrong, althouh it never does...)

Besides that, I really hate those Fire giants as they almost alwasy hit you when they attack and do lots of damage. Alone they are easy, but in groups of 6... Ouch!

But everything else, Liches, Demi-Liches, Dragons everything is SO easy when you have Edwin along... :D

(He killed a dragon today almost all by himself, he cast a lower Magic resistance, a pierce magic, time stop, then spell alacrity, then 5 magic missiles and a dragons breath and it was dead as soon as the time stop was over... {Viconia had used some energy discs, so it was not all by himself, but he did 95% of the job)

Lord Ogre

9. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Personally For me It would be the Fire giants... just a pain in the butt.
    but then I linked a sorcerer with time stop and improved aclarity. They died fast. :D

10. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

I didn't have that much trouble with any of the general creatures, but mostly with individuals. If I had to pick one it would be Dragons because they just kept on blowing me backwards. :rolleyes:

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

mind-flayers, vampires and beholders...

until i gave viccy the shield of balduran, mace of distruption and haste(so she can hit and run from the mind-flayers)...

pretty effective eh...

12. Fizity Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

For me, it's the bloody golems. Clay ones I don't mind, but the big ones annoy me. Dragons? Ptah, spells get 'em... Any other guy I've taken with spells or a reload or two, but the shame of being beaten by thoughtless lump of metal hurts.

13. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Golems were pretty hard early on, but later on in the game I thought they were a peice of cake.

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hey Fizity!! :)

As for me, I find Clay Golems rather annoying. And Adaman...Adaman...Adamantite? Anyway...*some* dragons are diffcult (unless you cheese and set traps around it, like one of my friends did, tho he insists that he has the Shadow Ward so the Dragon can't see him), and...Mind Flayers are rather annoying. Those Spore Colonies are also annoying for a low-level party...my Fire Elemental died to that :mad: .

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Oh yeah, myconids, I forgot about them. Yeah, they annoy me too.

16. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Spore colonies drop in seconds, just go for the big one first, by the time I first met them they were piece of cake.

Level drain annoys me. I hate anything that level drains. You need restoration and then you need to rest, and then you realize you don't have all spells and need to select them again and then rest again... it's a pain.

17. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

POOF... fireball. Works every time. Arrow of detonation works especially well for my archer with his Tuigan Bow. :grin:

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Death spell also works wonders against them, once I figured that out. My first time through, I had no idea what I was doing, so everything was a pain in the butt. All subsequent times, well, most things became pushovers.

19. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Backstabbers are real pain when soloing with a class that cant detect them(insane difficulty) and early on when you dont have the right equipment.
    everytime over 100 damage can realy bring you down fast. Luckily there arent many. :)

20. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yes, clay golem is annoying, they always immune to my damage (and I RARELY use any kind of blunt weapon). Well, if you have trouble with other creature then I have some strategy againts them:

_ Adamantine Golem: lure them to a door way (where they get stuck), then use 2-handed weapon to kill them (they can't attack you, btw the Liarco work fine), or use tansheron bow to kill them.

_ Vampires: have Anomen turned undead (destroy them at high level), which will destroy most of them, then have your fighter go kill the rest (if he can equiped the amulet of power, it will be easier).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.