1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cespenar

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by DinoTiggy1, Apr 23, 2002.

1. DinoTiggy1 Guest

What do you think is the best upgrade avaliable, I'm trying to experiment, but I'm not sure...

2. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Depends on your class I think, Carsomyr +6 is a nice blade for a Paladin.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I loike the flail of ages

4. Trias Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hindo's DOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!:grin:

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Cespenars Bottle, a bonus item. get the summon djinni flask (whatever its called) and get all the Items in SoA (forged) and all of Cespys' items and you can get it somehow, it summons Cespanar to fight and do other stuff

6. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Gram - Sword of Grief...
    Best sword in the game...
    Helps A LOT against Mellisan

7. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

8people, where can I find that bottle you speak of?

Never bloody heard of it.

As for the best upgrade? Prolly Carsomyr, or the Flail of Ages.

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Cespenars Bottle? What are you smokin 8people? Are you sure you've got just SoA and Tob installed, because in the dragons thread you're saying just as ridiculous things.

There is no Cespenars Bottle in Tob, and you can't get Cespenar to fight for you, You can't romance Solar, and Sarevok will not help you bake some chocolate chip cookies. :shame:

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Oh yes he does! We were just baking chocolate chip cookies yesterday, me, Sarevok and Jan Jansen (I could almost swear he slipped some turnips into the dough), and I'm sure Sarevok actually retains some of his Bhaal-essence (No mortal can bake cookies that good). Even Keldorn said 'This guy is truly evil, but boy, he sure makes good cookies!'.

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Lol Volar! I nearly fell out of my chair laughing! :) Thank you for that. :D

*Walks off saying* No mortal can bake cookies that good. *chuckles*

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The Cespenar Bottle actually is an item that is in the game files, but you can't find it anywhere in the game. (There are many leftover items left in the game files of all IE games.)

However, most of them will screw your game up if you use them. There are dozens of items that cannot be unequipped once they're put on your character and so on.

Cespenar's bottle is one of the items that screws the real Cespenar up if you use it. Or so someone who foolishly did it reported a couple of months ago. :whoa:

12. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] What stuff do you need to upgrade the Carsomyr, because it sounds good.

13. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well, Carsomyr obviously, also the Eye of Tir and Cespenar :)

14. 8people

Media:
    I am NOT mad

Well, not very...

But I always tell the truth, I research BG games and stuff, some foreign websites are good info sites and checking BIS, interplay and other website archives are mines of information depending where you look and sorting through files can also prove useful.

15. MrSerious Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

as for carsomyr...I've decided that I like the eye of tyr better on Purifier! I know that carsomyr is +6 with the eye of tyr, but its other properties don't improve, whereas Purifier gets some neat additional properties. Also, I've found that as ToB goes on, it becomes more and more difficult for Keldorn to wade into a fight with Carsomyr, because he's so easy to hit without a shield. So I say Purifier/eye of tyr/Shield of the Order. But on the other hand...a blade kit with the "use any item" ability, mirror image, melodic chain, and stoneskin could kick some serious butt with Carsomyr +6. Heh.

16. DinoTiggy1 Guest

What's the best upgrade, I have the bow string of Gond, which bow should I upgrade.

17. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, as it can only upgrade the darkfire bow and the crossbow shooting fire arrows (helmite shop, watcher's keep roof), upgrade the thing you use the most. There's no real difference, it gives both of them just an extra +1.

18. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hey, don't you know where are the parts of Montolio's cloak?

19. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] Well, I have the cloak bit, but not the clasp

20. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

One part is in watchers keep, somewhere on Lum the Mad's level iirc. The other part is in Amkethran. (iirc) Boy, I 'if I remember correctly' a lot today ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.