1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kensai/thief?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by ywpark89, Feb 2, 2002.

1. ywpark89 Guest

I have a question. If i import a fighter thief(multi), and import him into Bg2, then hack his kit to kensai, will I get the to hit, damage, and Kai?

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    yep - as long as you import the char in the mplyer pre-create character menu and export it.
    This is important for the kit special abilities are generated right from the start ... so when changing a legit fighter-thief to kensai-thief from the game this usually results in trouble. The pregenerated chars are to some point "incomplete" - just "templates" of the future chars - so they can easier be manipulated ;)

When you then import it in your game he should have both the abilities of a kensai and a thief. I created an mc kensai-mage that way, pretty awesome char.

3. ShadowDaemon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

despite the fact that its TOTALLY CHEEP and SLYS IN THE FACE OF TRUE D&D... I too have hacked characters this way. my Kensai/mage/thief is a wonderous solo character to behold

4. ywpark89 Guest

I have another question. Is there any way to get the X7 multiplier of the assasin onto the Kensai/Theif???

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    No way, you can only have *one* kit. Means either you are a kensai-thief or an assassin-fighter ... and be honest: You have the awesome kensai THACO/ damage boni and still want *more* .... 7x damage and poison weapon ability ??! What are you afraid of ??! I bet you'd like to play a multiclassed (and of course x-cap removed) solo kensai -assassin -necromancer -priest_of_Talos -Skald -Monk -Sorcerer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: period.

Trust me: a kensai-thief is strong enough ....

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited February 02, 2002).]

6. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, if you play with a overpowered character, it will be fun for a while!

But later, you'll just get bored, as everything will be too easy.

i.e. I killed firkraag with traps when i was playing solo, i thought to myself that so easy, so i reloaded and killed him in a straight fight, no cheesy tactics. I found it much harder to kill him and it was much more fun. the battle lasted for ages, and was truly an epic, the way it should be when you fight a dragon.

Sorry for going off topic.

7. jbigdaddy Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Were you playing on insane?

8. void Guest

Hehe I like insane...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.