1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Extracting BG sounds and other questions

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by cat_hair2000, Jul 3, 2004.

1. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

1. Where can I find the file acm2wav.exe so I can listen to the BGII sound waves?

2. Does Sol's Searing Orb and Fireseeds automatically fire or do they appear in your inventory?

3. How do I complete level 2 of watchkeep's dungeon (with all the elemental rooms)

4. Is Watcher's Keep on the SOA map as well?

2. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

2. The manual says that fire seeds are created in the casters inventory and that Sol's searing orb cannot be given to another player as they are too hot to handle. I assume that they work in a similar way to melfs minute meteors and are stuck in the casters attack slot
    3. Use a walkthrough
    4. Yes

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Acm2wav cannot be found on that site, as the author explicitly states that he will not distribute that program because he doesn't want to run the risk of being sued.

DLTCEP will allow you to play the sound files, and I think that you can get acm2wav here.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    BG1, Misc subsection.

6. Sydax Gems: 19/31

I don't know if I can post the name of this site, is competition, you know, but, errr... you know where Kelsey is? In the tool section there are several tools, there is this one that I used that allows you to convert the format that BG uses in the songs to a wav file.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There's no sound converter at Pocketplane.

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Gulp! Rastor you are right, sorry, my mistake.
    Teambg.net
    You can get any tool there.
    The one that fit cat needs is Infinity Sound Converter (ISC) v2.0.2, I used that so I have any song to listen in any mp3 player.

9. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31

Thanks Sydax,

I don't suppose anybody knows where the wavs are kept that make the spell-casting/chanting sounds.

10. Sydax Gems: 19/31

If you use the tool I use (the one I pointed) you find out that those sounds aren't in .wav, all the sounds are in the BG sound format (don't remember the name, you know, I am in a place far from home because I have no internet back there). So if you manage to find where the music is, you'll find some others files named in a easy way like: musicblabla.xxx; npctalk.xxx and I know there is one named effects.xxx or something like that. Sorry if this confuses even more, but I promise tomorrow I'll give you more details if you can't find anything untill then.
    My best regards

11. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31

There's no need to go to all that trouble. I did look in music for the awc files, but there doesn't appear to be any for the spell chanting components. It's no biggie; just an experiment. Thanks for your help.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.