1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aerie Birth

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by noldor372, Jan 31, 2007.

1. noldor372 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Isn't Aerie supposed to give birth to a kid once the romance is far enough along? I'm almost finished with Watcher's Keep, and I've killed Abazigal and Sendai, so the game's pretty far along.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] After she announces she's pregnant to you it takes 30 hours of real time.

The joys of time progressing cheats!

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

60 hours, actually. Info on how to advance it can be found here.

4. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Actually, her "birth" happens right after PC defeats the Ravager(and all other challenges are complete), irrelevant of the real time. Ugh. Just don't mention the name "Quayle", please. Just don't.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Really? Never happened to me and I have finished the game several times.

It's time dependant and I hear the dialog isn't really worth it either.

6. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

It happened to me in the middle of the final battle, right before Mel's final appearance.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Never happened for me either. I'm pretty sure it is 60 hours of real time.

8. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Probably both of you are right.
    In my experience, no matter how long I wait , Aerie doesn't give birth if the Ravager challenge is not completed.

But it happens immediately after it if the required time has passed.

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Heh, I can imagine that...
    Everyone's prepared, all the buffs cast. They are tired, but they know that this is it, the last battle. They cannot back down, it must be done. And then Aerie carefully tries to get attention.
    "Dear, I think it's the time..."
    "Aerie, we don't have time right now! Whatever it is, it will have to wait!"
    "But I meant *that* time."
    "Oh..."

:D

10. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I was playing with this romance going while a friend was over and the first thing my friend read from her dialogue was:

"I'll prove to you I'm not so innocent as we lay together tonight" or something along those lines... Suffice to say I was a bit embarassed haha.

She never did give birth in my run through either, I thought she gave birth in SoA not ToB, but it seems I was mistaken.

11. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    As far as I remember, she gave birth right after the destruction of Saradush... in my game, anyway.

12. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Someone needs to mod Aerie into, uh, actually carrying the child for 9 months before delivering it. I doubt charname's kid will be all that cute if born after only 2 months in the womb......

13. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

that seems a bit much. i know it would be more realisitic, but 9 months with it only happening after you finish the ravenger challenge, there isnt much game left at that point.

prehaps if the mod it so she has the baby earlier in the game then she could be pregnant for longer.

14. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Story aside, 9 months don't even pass between the beginning and the end of the entire saga. I think the devs set the absurdly long amount of game time requirement in place in order to ensure that the birth never happens in-game.

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Perhaps not "ensure", or they wouldn't have bothered making it available at all. It's easy to cut content; just look at UB. Rather, I have the feeling they wanted to make it an extremely rare occurence that only the most dedicated (or forgetful, in the case of leaving the paused game running) player would see. An Easter Egg, of sorts.

16. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

It's in some of the developer notes IIRC. Basically, they didn't think Aerie should give birth in-game, but since they knew someone would sit around in the game for nine months to try and get to it, they added it.

17. Elfen Lied

seems possible, still its a kinda of cool feature. its kind of annoying it happens so late in the game.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    For me it always happens right after I defet the Ravager...but only if I've been using the console to "advance real time". :bad: :rolling:

19. Elfen Lied

it will only happen after the ravenger.

that was deliberate on the part of Bioware right? they made it so it occurance is rare. kind of like an easter egg, like someone said.

20. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

If charname has a kid, wont said kid also be a bhaalspawn?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.