1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Basic problems with mods & the original game

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by DarthOne, Dec 15, 2006.

1. DarthOne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hello all, its been a huge while since I last visited here. Anyway, straight to the problem, I'm re-having the needle of Baldur's-Gate series once again, but it seem's I've done some installing quite badly. Btw sorry for my english, I know its horrible but I rarely speaks it here in Qc.

So I'm installing Bg2 SoA and then ToB and then I found this little module which is apparently a mini packquest for a grand total of 29 mini-quest. And then I've applied the ToB patch, is that right to do it in this order ? I think not 'cause it gave me many odd bugs.

1-Like the guy who's telling Nalia to follow him to see the people at her father funeral is appearing in the Bridge district.

2-Yoshimo is apparently permanently gone, but he said before dissapearing that he would wait me in the Copper Coronet Inn..odd to say the least.

3-Mazzy seem's to be rather angry against me and it piss-me off since she had the Gesen Bow shaft on her before going mad at me. And now when I'M talking to her she says something like : ''Begore, out of my sight, you have proven unworthy of my frienship''.

4-When I'm talking to certain merchants its just a black dialogue window appearing with no choice, actualy I think they're invisible so I click where the choices are supposed to be and if I'm lucky enough I can acess to their inventory/stuff they have to sell.

5-Same thing happens when I've killed all the fallen-paladin, the once who wasn't so fallen talks to me, but its just a black window.

Anyway I've completely erased and wipe out my game, downloaded the ToB patch once again, and am only waiting for you guys to help me by telling in what order what to install.

P.S. Oh yes there was this very interesting mod that someone made making everyone staying in your party, hence solving the evil VS good VS neutral char attitude problems(especialy Viconia if you ask me)as well as to play-out and completed all 3 romances, very nice thing if you ask me.

So, anyone has any ideas on how install the whole stuff in the proper order ?

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

BG2
    ToB
    ToB Patch
    Baldurdash's Fixpack (optional, but suggested)
    One non-WeiDU mod
    Unlimited number of WeiDU mods

So yes, you installed incorrectly. You have to reinstall from the beginning :(

3. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Where do I take that ? And how do I know if the mods are Weidu or not ?

4. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Baldurdash fixpack can be found on this page. It's the first one in the list.

5. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Thanks for the links. Although I do not know if I must install the english language fix-thing as well.

6. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

No, the text fix is optional. I recommend not to install it. Just install the main fixpack.

7. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Why not ? Its done though I've installed the things in the order that user 'Saber' suggested including the fix-pack, and the SirKalthorineUtWistan'sHappyGroupScripts mod. Btw any idea where I can get most mods, and a way to tell if they're WeiDu or not ?

8. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If you're concerned about bugs, it may be worth installing the BG2 fixpack from http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack/ , since this supersedes Baldurdash and includes vastly more fixes. (Bear in mind, however, that the issues you list are caused not by "bugs" as such but by installing the official patch after mods, which is an absolute no-no, I'm afraid.)
    The Baldurdash game text changes are somewhat dubious in places, which may be why Sikret suggests avoiding them, but they're been vetted somewhat in the above Fixpack to be less arbitrary.

http://modlist.pocketplane.net/ lists where you can find (almost?) all mods. SP also maintains a list. Mods will pretty much always mention whether they are WeiDU. (Failing that you'll soon come to recognize the WeiDU DOS window installation method, but you shouldn't have to do this.) Personally, I'd recommend mods from http://www.pocketplane.net/ as being renownedly solid.

9. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Thanks for these precious informations and links as well. Again sorry for my crappy english. Thanks again SimDing0.

10. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

I dont know of any none weidu mods, but weidu is probably the best mod scripting and installing platform I've ever seen. It resolves problems for you, lets you uninstall things in any order and it sorts out the dependencies.

Basically using weidu almost guarantees your game will work.

I dont like changing the game too much, so I use:
    Improved summons
    Improved battles
    slightly improved ilyich
    parts of tactics
    bg2tweaks
    bg2fixes
    item upgrade
    unfinished business
    underrepresented items
    david gaiders improved Tob battles and extra bhaal powers.

The mods really add to the game I think
    I've had one or two bugs like torgal being invincible and dawnbringer sain not appearing anywhere. but nothing good use of the console couldnt get round. except for torgal, ctrl y wouldnt even kill him so I uninstalled that particular component.

11. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Just the usual additions to others' advice:
    - BG2 Fixpack, available from G3 doesn't only supersede Baldurdash: most of its new changes are rather tweaks than fixes. Its authors think these are fixes and not tweaks, many others don't. I don't want to frighten you away: you might even love these changes (I saw many such players), if you don't mind some tweaking. Personally, I would go with Baldurdash though.
    - Beside pocketplane.net, here are some other links where you can get mods from:
    www.teambg.eu
    www.spellholdstudios.net
    www.rpgdungeon.net
    www.gibberlings3.net
    www.chosenofmystra.net
    www.blackwyrmlair.net

Have fun!

12. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Thanks for the links Baronius ! It is much appreciated. Btw guys, I seem to be having one other problem, I've installed mods for havin Xan, Kesley, and Kivan, and everything is fine, 'cept the part about Kivan he's suppose to be in Waukeen's promenade lookin' for me, but he's never been there so far. Must I start a new game for him to appear or..? If it can help you, I'm about to go to Spellhold to rescue Imoen(chapter-3 I think).

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If you installed Kivan while playing, then he won't show. You need to start a new game.

14. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Thats what I though, the author should have mentioned it in its readme file though. Any idea if I can export my char, and then import it into a new game ? Will all the NPCs be at the lvl of my char ?

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

On import, you would be reduced to 161K XP and your items will be stripped. NPCs would be 'appropriate' to the level you meet them at, just as they were the first time.

16. DarthOne Gems: 3/31

Thanks, thats all I was asking for.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.