1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gopher the Bard: "I will roleplay Faerun!" (BG1-ToB)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Errol, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Ok!

As some of you might know, I've been planning to take a character all the way through Baldur's Gate 1 to Baldur's Gate 2: ToB. No small feat, but I think it would be worth it. Also; I will roleplay this as well as I can.

The name of the man of the hour shall be Gopher, he shall be an Half-Elf (my fav race) and shall be a minstrel of no small swashbuckling ability (Blade).

His Stats: (on my first and only roll!)
    STR: 14
    DEX: 17
    CON: 12
    INT: 16
    WIS: 08!
    CHA: 18

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Proficiencies: Long Sword, Short Bow (one rank each).

Ie. He thinks well on his feet, is charming and graceful, yet lacks that common sense we are all so used to. :) I have written a biography to represent this;

Biography:

The day Gopher set out of Candlekeep was the day he'd been waiting for since he could remember. Odd name, odd man people said. He'd be glad to get away from that place.

Tending to be dark, broody, but more than charming enough when the fancy takes him; Gopher set out to see the world with open eyes, open mind and drawn sword. His moods tend to shift quickly, and many a minstrel has offended him greatly by pointing out a missing note in his song. Other, luckier, fellows recieve a pat on the back and a hearty laugh at their comments, as if they weren't taken seriously at all.

Having left the philosophies of the multiverse long behind him, Gopher lives the day as it dawns. he doesn't particularly look toward the future, neither does he tend to dwell on the past much either. Maybe not the wisest guy in town, but the bard would much rather prefer a shiny gem or cleverly written book than a dusty old sword or pile of old coins. He tends to collect stuff he *knows* will come in useful one day, such as shiny trousers. Maybe common sense isn't his forte, but I don't honestly think he cares.

Maybe he'll find fortune and happiness at the end of the line, maybe he'll find the blade of a goblin he thought was funny in his back. Either way, Gopher doesn't really care - as long as it makes for a good poem.

So, that's the story. I will roleplay this heavily, hopefully it should turn out well. I am not playing it Hardcore, as I figure if I die, then my party will run for it and heal me. If my party dies, then I die, then I won't reload (duh).

NPC wise, he'd get along or hate nearly anyone, depending on his mood. He could like his fellows one day, then if they make a stupid remark he might just kick them out for that reason. You never know!

Mods:

BG1TuTu: Allows me to play BG1 in the BG2 Engine.

Solaufein: For the variety, and addition the background of the game. Gopher might take him along because of his love for poetry, but might despise him because of his dreary look on things.

Kelsey: He'll be in the game, wether I take him along or not is a different story.

Item Mod: Some new items and spells.

Customised Stuff:

These are some minor customisations to the game, which I fancied doing myself. Firstly, I'll change my appearance of the Fighter avatar to the Thief avatar. This allows me simply to have hood (see my my portrait - It is a guy, honestly!).

On the issue of alignment, I may change my alignment at some point depending on what my character's views and beliefs. If you can change alignment in real life, you should be able to do so in game. Gopher may totally change attitude, it depends.

Ok!, any questions, opinions, suggestions, whatever, go ahead. Ask. I will write my path through the game in "Journal" form. This will be posted in the Creativity Surge Forum.

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Man, i think your portrait looks like a crossover between Marilyn Manson and some other female thingy :D

Anyways, good luck on your journey. May Tymora bless you ;)

3. Trimm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sola will pester him with philosiphy. And you are right, Golem's at least have a wisdom score of 9.

4. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] This will be interesting to observe.
    You certainly have my attention.

Have fun.

5. Trimm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sounds like Minsc won't last long, as he is full of truly stupid remarks. Edwin will definitely feel the blade of the tempermental bard. Garrick, well....poor Garrick. He really means well, but there just isn't a place for him. He's a pathetic excuse for a bard and deserves what is coming to him.

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Excellent!
    Maybe this should be in... edited... :doh:

My solo BG1-ToB from last summer is still left hanging a bit halfway through ToB.

It will be nice to see your BG1 party get into BG2. Which NPC's are you planning on taking along anyway? For example, is it possible to bring Khalid, possibly my BG1 favourite, considering that you find his remains in Chateau Irenicus?

[ September 30, 2003, 18:14: Message edited by: Earl Grey ]

7. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Good luck gopher ;)

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Look at the very last sentence of his post :)

9. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Earl Grey, we'll see what happens. At the moment, he's totally forgotten about the Friendly Arm Inn and his heading toward Nashkel with Xzar and Montaron :)

The first (rather short) part is posted, more will be done either later tonight or tommorrow.

Clicky Me!

10. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Thought you'll need a bump so you can update.

Keep up the great work. :thumb:

11. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Have you actually read the thread Velve? I only update the Journal in the Creativity Surge forum (link above) where I can double post on myself anwyay. I didn't need to update this thread. Regardless, if you read the thread, you'll find that the game is discontinued because I had problems with BG1TuTu/BG2 which forced me to re-install the whole series. Which I cannot do.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.