1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trapped eye in the statue of Amunator in Temple Ruins

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

How do I get to disarm this trap and find out whats in there? My thief noticed a trap, but when I move my mouse to disarm, the "talk" icon appears (you talk to the statue).

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    IMHO, I think there is no disarming that trap. The point is, if you provide the wrong answers to the statue's questions about Amaunator's rites, you get punished by a Flamestrike spell.

3. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

If you go away from the statue enough that it becomes covered in the 'fog' you can have your thief disarm/open the eye. Since you can't see people you can talk to from far away, the talk cursor doesnt appear and you can approach the eye. Hardly worth it though, IMO, as there's only a diamond in it.

4. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i never had trouble disarming the trap. it holds 2 spells and some jewelry, one of the spells is tensers transformation.

5. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i always get a diamond from that eye :D

6. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I have gone through the hassle to trick that statue once, expecting to find something amazing in the eye. All I got was a shoddy diamond, just like Death Whisper. :/

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Damn, I still learn stuff about this game after all of this time. I never knew that it could be disarmed. I would have answered as Beren did. Just as an aside, if the reports are true, then it's worth doing. Diamonds are of use if you have the Item-Upgrade Mod (or can be saved for use in ToB even if you don't), and Tenser's Transformation is a very useful spell.

8. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31

True, true. It still holds surprises... :rolleyes:

9. Telcontar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Arw we talking about the same statue? The one that talks in riddles about Amunators rituals?

I didnt even knew it can be disarmed

10. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

hm no i did not meant the riddle statue, i missunderstood.
    i thought we were talking about the screaming statue on the forgotten temple of amaunator map below the sewers.

the temple ruins of umar hills then ? yes there's a diamond.

11. Magic Snack Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ohh, that statue. I was thinking it was the one in the temple where you find Mazzy. I've never had any trouble disarming the eye, but the icon I get for the rest of the statue is a question mark, not a dialogue mask. Maybe you need to have the cursor over a very specific point. You could try a search for coordinates of secret stashes and see if that helps.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.