1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strongholds

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Demonater351, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Demonater351 Guest

How are strongholds handled for multi-classed characters? Do they get one, or do they get both for each of their classes? And what about the triple multi-classes, can they get three? I am curious, because I'm thinking of making either an evil fighter/mage, a fighter/thief, or a fighter/mage/thief. I personally think it'd be neat to be pimpin' it up in both De'Arnise Keep and Mae'var's Guildhall. :D Thanks.

2. Shadowdancer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

They get one, whichever quest you do first.

3. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well... You're supposed to get one.
    There is a bit of bug exploit if you want two.
    I did Mage & Fighter, or Thief & fighter.
    Some think this is pretty lame,
    but I don't wanna miss anything of this game so...

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

I don't know how you could get two but in my version you can pick which one you want if you are multi or dual classed. So if you take Nalia up on her offer you won't be able to do the planar sphere(if you were a fighter/mage). Maybe you could loose control of your stronghold(like over taxation for Nalia's) and then get the other one?

5. StressedE Gems: 15/31

My experience is that if you do the keep as 2nd it does work. It worked for fighter/thief and fighter/mage. It worked with : international patch / English patch and with ToB too, try it....

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Worked for my dc fighter cleric. got both nalias hold and the lathanderite quests

7. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

So you just do the Fighter or Thief first then dual to get the next ???

And what are the advantages to the other Strongholds.

Spoiler
    De'Arnise = Gold (Fighter Class)
    Mae'var = Gold (Thief)
    Planar Sphere = Potions (Mage or Sorcerer)
    Five Flagons Inn = Gold (Bard)
    Ranger = ???
    Druid = ???
    Cleric = ???
    Paladin = ???

8. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Planar Sphere = Potions (Mage or Sorcerer)?
    I don't see where ring of wizardry fits into potions.

9. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31

StressedE, that you only get from the apprenti which are part of stronghold quest, I meant when stronghold is finally yours (no more quests)

10. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] You know if you had used that search button at the top of the page you would get your answer faster, I posted an answer to this EXACT and I mean almost word for word question a few days ago.

11. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Sorry m8, I misunderstood that

Yeah but mr wr this is the way forums go ;)

12. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I knew I shouldn't have overworked those darned three apprentices.
    I got the dagger, a crummy scroll and a staff of power, then they keeled over dead. What potions would I have gotten anyway?
    And what's this about a "2 stronghold" bug exploit? I'd like to tweak it just for extra quests.

13. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31

kingsgambit

SPOILER
    If all 3 apprenti lives to graduate, and ONLY all 3, one of them will come back and offer to make you some potions every week or so.

wow you were lucky enough to get that, guess there's a 50/50 chance then, cuz I didnt and all 3 were wasted

14. Lord Sarevok Guest

Read the stronghold section Dan Simpson's walkthrough if you want to know what you get for choosing certain items for the mage stronghold. That way you can get any item you want. This however will ruin the fun of it, so I don't recommend it if it's your first time through SoA.

15. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Even if I have the Planar Sphere, is there no way to get another stronghold? I got Jaheira up to Level 14 and fancy a bash at the title of Druid Heavyweight champion of Amn!
    I guess it's not a biggie that those apprenti are dead...don't have much use for potions except for master theivery, healing and antidotes, and you pick up plenty of the latter two. Still would have been nice. I'm jealous of the fighters though who get a keep that gives them permanent revenue, and some cool subquests. All I use mine for is a place to sleep and thje tresure chests. But then after killing that Wizard on the Mae'Var sub quest, I kinda acquired his house too! Gwahaha. So I get a bubble in the poor part of town and a house by the sea side, and you fighter types get castles in the country side...what a tough life! ;)

I think maybe it let's you have one easy item, one middle item and one powerful one....maybe (?). I just had to get the dagger though....a 50 charge staff with fire/frost/lightning is far superior to a 1d4+1 dagger, but a BGII item with my name on it...too good to miss I feel!
    So is there a "2 stronghold" cheat or tweak? I...need....more quests.
    I actually completely cleared out Chap. 2....I mean totally, every quest there is to do (excepting stronghold quests)...plus did Watcher's Keep, gives me a little unfair advantage I suppose going into Chaps. 3 onwards but it was good to get as much out of the game as possible. I'll even take the druid grove, with Cernd and everything!!!

[This message has been edited by kingsgambit (edited November 23, 2001).]

16. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31

you know what dude, killing the 3 apprenti aint a biggy, well unless you think missing out on about 50000 exp and a unlimited supply of potions no biggy, yeah nothing to worry about ;) ;) ;)

17. Lord Sarevok Guest

I think all three have to die if you want the Staff of Power. But my Fighter/Mage has no use for a voodoo stick, he has his mighty long swords! So I let them live and got the experience. I still got that wand though, and I can't remember what else..........

18. StressedE Gems: 15/31

and the ring of wizardry isn't very usefull either unless you have at least 2 mages.

19. Demonater351 Guest

Hey :wave:,
    Hint, hint: if you have a romance with Jaheira, the first time you have to go back to the Harper Hold (ooh, flashbacks of Ann McCaffrey, sorry ;)), you will get into a fight with Galverey. When the smoke clears, you can pick up a Ring of Wizardry from one of the bodies of his pet mages.

20. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The Jaheira Harper quest is not linked to her romance, and will activate if she is in your party. So you don't need to give Aerie or Viconia the knockback to get a Ring of Wizardry.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.