1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Collectors Edition - 4 New Portraits!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by VStyle_Gove, Jan 5, 2004.

1. VStyle_Gove Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

On the back of my NEW Collectors Edition Baldur's Gate 2 Box it says "4 New Portraits", it also should have said "Contains a bag of bull****!"
    I should have known no such portraits existed since I have never even seen them on the net, but seriously what the hell? Aint that false advertising. Does that indeed mean the only reason I have collectors edition is to bask in the glory of Deidre in Adventurers mart?? Quite crap! Still it is baldurs gate, and I am a magnet to anything new with it :(

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I've actually seen those new portraits on the net somewhere but I don't remember where. Those portraits actually are there.

3. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Those portraits are physical glossy prints, about 3 times the size of a playing card, of Irenicus, Bodhi, Imoen, and Ellisme (I think they are all the same for each edition, you may have different pictures) with info on the back.

You should also have a larger picture of a different character, numbered (but not always the same number as the one on the box :rolleyes: ) Mine was Firkraag, I actually strated a thread about this when I first joined. I think Harkle responded, but I can't remember if anyone else did.

Plus you get the cloth map, and that CD apparently has some sort of music soundtrack on it (I just read the desciption on the back of the box). I never really bothered with it, but it's nice to have I guess.

So no, no real benefit in game, as Deidre can be downloaded, but the pictures are there.

4. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

As I said in that another thread, my collector's edition was scandinavian version. It had slightly different contests: 16 cards (photos of them all: http://www.freewebs.com/harkle/bg2soacollectorsedition.htm ), 2 post cards, Shadows of Amn map, A2-size poster, which has Irenicus on the other side, and Bodhi, Irenicus, Ellesime and Imoen on the other, a T-shirt (best part of the pack besides the game) and bonus cd.

Yeah, nothing really nice, but I bought that because it was cheaper than just SoA :p

[ January 05, 2004, 11:58: Message edited by: Harkle ]

5. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think I have collector's envy :(

Oh, well, I guess I wouldn't have used that T-shirt anyway... Or so I shall tell myself until I forget about it ;) What was on the shirt anyway?

My Cards were different, not like trading or game cards but probably the post-cards you spoke of, and of the same characters as in your poster. Curious.

The larger one of Firkraag was about half an A4 sheet, landscape, and the cards about the size of the manual.

I bought it because it was the only copy of SoA in the store :D

6. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Nah, it's just regular black T-shirt with SoA logo in it, so nothing too great.

Oh, by the way, the link should work now. :D

Those cards have some errors... like Nalia and Haer'dalis have too low stats. I was really surprised when I took them in my party first time and found out that they both have higher strength.

7. VStyle_Gove Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Unbeleivable! The prick who sold it to the Games Store must have kept them! I bought it 2nd hand waaaaah. I think someone should feel sorry for me and send a free set of the cards! :D

8. keldor Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I know this is a late post but I feel sorry for you and I've got the cards somewhere! I got the t-shirt too but I don't imagine you'd want that seeing as I've been wearing it for the past two years!
    N.B. maybe this will ease your sorrow: my bro bought the collector's ed. and the cards etc. he gave to me, so enthralled with them was he.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Mine was shabbier. It was a SoA-ToB with the bonus collector's disc. On the CD were portraits from the game, a bit bigger than the ones I could extract from the game on my own, anyway. Some music from the game in CD-Audio. Some concept graphics. And those salesgentry. Apart from the CD, the pack also contained a mousepad.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow! Now that's a deal! A game and a mopusepad!

Now that I think about it...I want a SoA mousepad. ;) :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.