1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funniest quotes and answer choices

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by shadow_thief, Jul 6, 2001.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG]
    Best line ever:
    So the fool finally got himself killed!

(Or something like that, it's been a while:) )

Or
    Imoen to Minsc: Minsc I want a Hampster!

2. Aislaby Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

does anyone get annoye with aries "faster than cheater fast paws"???? it really annoys the hell out of me. Anything that includes Edwin in is funny. Especially when he get halfway through his quest.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The Aerie quote goes: "Faster than Chittika Fastpaws!"

Ara
    (Picking nits is very hard, you know....)

4. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Chikkita Fastpaws is the very mischevious sidekick of the gnomish deity Baervan Wildwanderer (who just happens to be Aerie's patron deity). Seems like a pretty reasonable sort of thing to say. No where near as silly as Nalia's "For the Needy!". Ugh. I like having Nalia in my party, but that does get a bit old.

I have to agree with the Sandwich and Cookies speech as best, but I also liked the time Mazzy actually got the better of Jan in a conversation. It wasn't all that funny per se, but it was great to see anyway. :)

Aloha
    Vormaerin

5. Buddas Hand Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I got rid of Aerie just because of that dumb quote. Jan Says things that are far too long.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I wish there was some way you could extract all the interactions. A bunch of them are worth listening to at least once a week. Black Isle definately gets the Comedy award from me for their character interations.

Anyway, Viconia and Valgar have a little spat that I like. Something along the lines of "Valgar, you are covered in dirt, your fingernails are dirty, you smell like a sewer when I'm downwind of you; maybe I'm being too indirect here...TAKE A BATH!"

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Has anyone heard the one between Korgan and the Main Character?
    Only works if it is a female character, Korgan admits to fancying them! but is only joking, hey what about a korgan romance?
    :roll:
    Korgy: I've been resistin' these urges for too long! <Charname> Iv'e something I need to tell you!
    Char: What is it, Dwarf?
    Korgy: Charname! I love you, sure you have no beard to speak of, but I am a universal man.
    Char: At last our love can be proclaimed!
    Korgy: Eh? Look, I was on'y pullin' yer leg,
    Char: Oh? Chicken? you should know never to mess with the emotions of a Child of Bhall
    Korgy: Aye, it'd never work, your just too powerful...:roll::roll::roll::roll:

8. Bastet Guest

Xzar's "I ate his lever with a flask of keonte and some fava beans" ;)

9. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Jan's speech at the end, which I won't go into because of it's spoiler-ish nature, is great as well. Had me laughing for minutes, that one. Anyone brave enough to bring along the gnome till the end knows...

10. MrSerious Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

cespenar, as noted in the other posts, has a near monopoly on the one-liners in ToB, and one of my favorites is the one about the crossbow bolts..."crossbows be sucky, but with this recipe, maybe make them less sucky." Or something like that. Amen to that, cespenar, crossbows be truly sucky. Let's skip the case of plenty +2. My other favorite cespenar quotes have already been mentioned...

11. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

These are great!

Minsc, Jan, and Cespenar have the best quotes tho.

When is this dialogue between Aerie, Imoen, and the PC supposed to come about?

12. ivanatora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Cespenar is definetly the funniest of all chars. My favourite qute was about the Tievers Hood and something for the grandmother of Red Hat. I didn't remember exactly

13. iridium Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] The funniest words i the game are saied by Gorimir II-Khan: "We is no idiot! Isn't it stupid?

14. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Bastet, I believe that's "chianti."

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    (***NOTE***) I can't exactly remember the dialog below, but if you do, please post it!)

PC: "I love your innocence Aerie"
    Aerie: "Im not innocent anymore! The next person who calls me that...I'll turn them into a toad! And as for you my love, just wait until sundown and I promise you I'll be anything BUT innocent!"

I don't know about you but I like a girl with a dirty mind!!!! :rolling:

[ July 02, 2003, 21:44: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    All my favs have already been posted.
    Here is a minor:

-Please! Don't eat me! Daddy said Bhaalspawns eat little boys. *Sob*
    -Your daddy was right. I'm here to eat you. RAAARGH!

17. Dear UNREGISTERED Shadow thief

I think that the funniest dialog is:
    CESPENAR:I running out of resepies soon(not sure that that is what he said)gotta find Martha soon.She round hell i thinks.It really is damn true!!!!!!!!!

18. DinoTiggy1 Guest

Cespenar: Ohhh, big weapon this,... you over compensating mabye?

AND

Cespenar: You'se got to have something good in here? Female Imp maybe?
    (well, I think they go something like that)

Hehe, you just gotta love that imp.

[This message has been edited by DinoTiggy1 (edited June 12, 2002).]

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Gond help be but I feel so turned on right now - Jan to Viconia after she tricked him

Is it me, or am I sober? - Can't remember who said it

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, since this thread has risen from the depths, here is a funny quote when you go to Aran Linvail after going to get Imoen:

Aran: And I see that you have your comapanion back among you. That was your goal wasn't it? I trust you are no worse for the wear, my dear?

Imoen: Other than the fact that Bodhi has my soul, shure....I'm just fine. How about you?

Aran: Ah...I see. Would that I had a spare, but thats not the commerce I traffic in.

I love that one! :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.