1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funniest quotes and answer choices

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by shadow_thief, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Todfaust Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Haha, yes that was pretty funny too
    that had me laughing out loud :)

2. ROTFLMAO! Tere's a little cutscene, wher the thief goes "Now...ATTACK". The mage casts magic missile, and one missile comes out. Then you turn into the slayer, slay everyone, and its says *thief* reloads, and it goes back to before the fight.

Bwahahahahaaaaa!!!

3. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

oh this is if you have Edwin and Imoen in your party and you're facing the Imprisoned One:

"*Now* she has a bad feeling. I see the Bhaal Blood within her has suddenly gifted the brat with the miraculous powers of pre-cognition. Let us be careful friends, now that we have her warning!"

Edwin's sarcasm never fails to make me laugh... of course, soon this imprisoned one will kick my hiney painfully...

4. SPROUTY Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

When Cespenar says something like hes goin to look through your undies.
    Or
    Minsc: Boo! Where Are You Boo?
    Jan: Lost Something HEHEH Minscy?
    etc

5. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i've only started playing it, seeming i got it yesterday, but i have finished the town under sige by the fire giants quest, and the funniest person so far has to be the imp in your pocket dimension.
    "oh don't you think it would be quicker to just empty your bag all over the floor?"
    and other things too, but i forgot em so....

6. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

oh this has got to be the best!!

Minsc when attacking an enemy: You will not teach my hamster to suck it!

7. Silvershade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I was really laughing when I first heard this conversation between Minsc and Nalia:

Nalia- minsc, I wanted a moment to say something to you.

Minsc- Boo and I always have time to peak to our friends, right Boo?

Nalia- Eh, yes. Well, I just wanted to say that your unwavering fight for goodness has been a great influence on me.

Minsc- And now you would like a hamster.

Nalia- What?

Minsc- Just a guess.

8. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Korgan also had a funny speach to Nalia in SoA, but I forgot the whole of it...started out with Korgan telling her she was overtall...I just remember it making me laugh.

9. DemoGorgon Guest

Minsc does not say "You will not teach my hamster to suck it", he says "You will not teach my hamster to suck eggs!"

the best is when jan steals boo and Minsc calls him a "Tricky litle gnome." idk why but that is just funny

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Boo thinks therefore I am! ~Minsc :D :D :D

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I loved the bit in SOA when the guy tries to sell your party the Planar sphere.
    He tries to sell it to Minsc, Jahiera, Nalia that I know of......
    (paraphrased because I'm lazy)
    Dibblerish-fellow: You there, with painted head - wanna buy the sphere?
    Minsc: Boo says it is too big to fit in my pocket, and it would be stupid to buy something I can't carry about.
    Jahiera's is boring, Nalia's also until she says "Who would fall for that?" and Minsc says "Hmmm, very big for 500gp, what do you think, Boo?"

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 29, 2001).]

12. Salvanas Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Jan Jansen is the funniest mofo I've ever seen. Him combined with Anomen's overeagerness to gain the approval of the party, Jan just torchs him. After Anomen makes one of his endless boasts, Jan launched into an uproariously funny story about the orc king in search for a dung matress. I'm not going to spoil it (because I dont remember it) but it is so funny.

13. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Cespenar (singing) "I'm just a slaaave, workin', slaavin awaaay..."

"What? You uses sling? You is big sissy?"

14. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

Demogorgon, you know... I have waited many tiems to hear Minsc hear that and after 2 fortunate occurences, i still think Minsc said suck it and not suck eggs...

sucking eggs just dont make sense anyway..

15. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Cespenar: "Big weapon this...you... overcompensating maybe"

Minsc actually says "Don't teach my hamster to suck eggs"
    (It comes from the saying "go suck an egg")

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited July 31, 2001).]

16. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

nope... minsc says" you will not teach my hamster to suck eggs!" I have heard it quite a few times now.. .and nearly pissed myself laughing :D

17. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

This is from SOA but i still think it is funny. the time after you free minsc and Imoen ask's how he hid it.

Minsc=Dont leave questions better asked to wise sages for Boo is quick and nimble and their is ever so much of Minsc to search!!

Imoen=Eww i dont want to think about that to much

18. The_Kraken Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] This was not an actual dialogue but just after giving 1000GP to the Priest in Amkethran, Nalia pipes up with "How are we helping the needy doing this?".

10/10 for timing Nalia :D

19. shadow_thief Guest

These quotes are GREAT!!!!! Sorry if I haven't been answering, my last post was the last post I posted before I went to Nova Scotia for 2 weeks. Thus I haven't noticed my topic(amazingly) and I just noticed it just now. I think this was kind of funny but oh well:

*Spoiler*
    Melissan saying this after the 2nd battle wit your party.
    No!!!! Too strong!!! Damn you!!!!

20. Angel of Def Gems: 1/31

Edwin when you choose him in the abyss: One more hour of standing about and I swear, POOF, fireball!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.