1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to kill Demi-Lich?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by arny, Apr 12, 2002.

1. arny Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Can anyone help me?I have a big problem how to kill demi-lich on the 4th floor of Watcher's keep. It turns all my characters into air (they become mazed). Does any spell work against that or what? I am desperate! It is the same lich as Khangax, when you kill his first form. So it would help me in two matters!
    Thank you for any help!

2. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You can either cast a Protection from Magic on him. That works on Kangaxx atleast. Alternative is to cast Spell Trap with a Mage and walk forward to him and then bash him with your fighter, also works on Kangaxx.

3. Zorith Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Do a search on the topic, I bet that you will find more info then you need.

4. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't think they're mazed. I think they're imprisoned. (i.e., they're not coming back.)

The good thing about that demi-lich is that he's not in a party required area, so you can take him out with just one character. (Too hard to protect them all) You should have ample +4/+5 weapons to whack him with, otherwise MMMeteors or Energy blades works wonders.

Defense: either protection from magic scroll, spell trap, or spell immunity/abjuration (with this one you have to run to the other side of the room, quickly, when he howls.)

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

A berserk's rage ability works well, in case you have Korgan. Might work with Minsc or a barbarian too, but I'm only sure about Korgan.

6. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Berserker rage gives immunity to Imprisonment, Barbarian rage don't.

7. arny Gems: 1/31

Thank you for all your answers! I'll try and post what happened!

8. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I add that neither Minsc's rage protects from imprisonment.

IMO the quickest way to kill that Demilich (ie the way I did) is to cast Spell Immunity: Abjuration (I think, however check what school Imprisonment belongs to), then Improved Haste, Black Blade of Disaster (if you can) and Tenser's Trasformation. Go down solo and whack. Works better with more than one mage since you must kill him quickly.

Side Note: probably the most scary moment in the whole Baldur's Gate saga was when I cleaned out the Gith nest and Saladrex, then went downstairs quite calmly expecting another dragon or something...and I saw practically a prison cell with the dreaded floating skull! AAAARRGGGHHHH!!! I fled up like hell and immediately went to the Pocket Plane to prepare. Phew...

9. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hit it with a +5 stick.

10. Ghengis Khan Gems: 1/31

You could also equip yourself with a Freedom spell without having any worries. Cast it in the area of the imprisoned npcs and theyll return

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Cast Protection from Undead on a fighter, send him/her in, and whack the thing with a +4 or better weapon.

Ara
    (Love, peace, hope, and all that stuff to all... and some random cruelty)

12. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Does protection from undead work on demi-liches? It certainly didn't on Kangaxx.

13. Aislaby Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

set up a load of traps away from the lich and use the ring of the ram to blast him onto the traps. This equals one dead (again) litch

14. MrSerious Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

spell immunity works great...I'd avoid letting the lich imprison anybody, just because whoever got imprisoned will be blue when they come back and have to be re-joined to the party. God only knows what kind of problems this causes with the NPC dialogues(i'm paranoid--after playing BG2 for what, two years now, last week was the first time I got the jaheira romance to advance all the way to the end).

15. Rathan Gems: 4/31

Still got problems with Demi-lich???

Take a look at the post:
    Lich killing

Congratulations MrSerious...

You've just completed the only romance that could be the reason of writing a book that would tell the complete story until the end of the PC's life at an old age (if he rejected the new god murder thing).

Anomen romance: He's a male so I wouldn't even consider trying that part.

Aerie romance: Hmm wird ending.

Jaheira romance: Very good story, a lot of feelings involved... (only way to get **the description of this have been excluded, as this would spoil the romance for those who have not yet completed the romance**).

Viconia romance: Hmm, could be fun, maybe I should try this one too... naa, Jaheira romance is the best...

[This message has been edited by Rathan (edited April 27, 2002).]

16. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

May I recommend the Viconia romance? It's heaps of fun, well if you like being insulted that is :D Gotta love drow.

17. Rathan Gems: 4/31

Faragon do you know why that the ToB romances where changed so they where not dependant of a LoveTalk variable, but instead follows a ["*NPC-name*Romance","Global",xxxxxx] counter???

18. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Sorry, no. I'm not that familiar with gamecodes. I just play the game.

19. Rathan Gems: 4/31

Are you trying to tell me that you haven't read Slappys Romacing Guide???

Damn, you must either be patient or lucky...

20. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I have browsed through it, but I don't use it. If I'm not capable enough to please a woman, she's right to break up with me :D

I mean, using a romancing guide is like having someone along on a date, who whispers into my ear what I should say to the lady. That'd look pretty stupid. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.