1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keeping Edwin as a girl?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Rockem sockem robots, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Rockem sockem robots Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

anyoen know if thier is anyway for em to keep edwin as a girl?(lol hes alot less annoying when i can laught at him.)

Ohh and i've already talked to the mage that wants to kill him one already,(i should have killed him that first time i guess)

-edit
    ok i jsut killed him lol, just before he cast the disspell i ripped him 2 treads lol. So fare nothing has gone wrong, i've had the conversation about him fighting with the red mages. So hopfully i can keep him as he is.

[ April 11, 2006, 00:04: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I never that about that...but I guess it IS possible that if you kill the Red Wizard the first time you encounter him, Edwin won't be cured. Funny!

I do know that Degarden doesn't show up in the Underdark, so if you don't encounter him before you leave for Spellhold, Edwin needs to stock up on Tampax for a long time. :p

3. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ummm. He may turn back male when you hit Hell...If he doesn't then let me know. Been trying to keep him female.

Also none of the party issues that would make him fight another or such dialogue arguments come into play when he's female.

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I love Edwin as a Female. The longest I've kept him is to leave for Spellhold after he becomes a female, as Gregor says.

If you can get him to stay female in Hell, therefore keeping he a she through ToB, I'd love to hear about it!

5. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

You can always cause a gender change by casting around in the room which causes automatic wild surges in WK.

6. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Those wild surge changes aren't permanent as far as I am aware.

7. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Would the he/she belt keep him female. I mean if he turns again, couldn't you put the belt on him and turn him back female? Don't know how the mechanincs would work, but it is a thought.

Yes, I am aware that would require cheating.

8. Blast Skeleton Gems: 4/31

Ease-of_Use mod

http://weidu.org/ease/README-Ease.txt

Female Edwina (Davide Carte, Wendy Yung)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This patch gives Edwina a female portrait to go with her female soundset
    and female paper dool. This patch was written by Davide Carte. This version
    includes Wendy Yung's "Edwina" portrait, a modified version of the original
    BG2 art (thus it looks seamlessly like part of the original game).
    You can override the portrait by putting your own Royo4L.bmp and Royo4S.bmp
    files in the override directory.

Have fun ^^

edit: oops, not really what you were looking for, my mistake.
    But there should be a mod somewhere to take care of your request.

9. Rockem sockem robots Gems: 4/31

@Blast Skeleton
    hmm i was wandering would you know were the female edwin portrats are installed becuase i cna't find them :( . I wanted to sk them over to edwin.

-edit

i found them but damn shes so ugly :( ... might keep the dudes portrate lol

-edit
    http://knight.20pi.com/FEMALL.htm

i foudn a really awosme female redmage portrate, i have also noticed that all of edwins dialogue scenes are muted :( .

- Next time around gona kill that dude veofre he talks to me the first time around.

[ April 15, 2006, 11:17: Message edited by: Rockem sockem robots ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.