1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wish in ToB

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Marek, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i understand that a wish spell will be available in ToB. is that true? and does anyone know exactly how will it be cast? i hope it's not another summon a djini , only with better things to ask.

(how about a one time wish - never show up when i cast limited wish)

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I would guess that it will simply be another djinn but with better or worse consequences than in BG2. Hopefully they'll just be better, and no more summoning vampires when asking to be protected from undead.

3. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I'm not sure if you've tried the "potion of Insight" before you cast the Limited Wish spell but the choices change with higher wisdoms.

I would suspect that the Throne of Bhaal would have similar spells to BG2. Perhaps new spells but I wouldn't suspect any spells to actually 'change' functionality or effect. Only because BG2 offers spells up to lvl 9 Wizard and lvl 7 priest that can be accessed in the game.

In other words Fireball and Cloudkill were available in BG1/TOSC and funtion the same as they do in BG2. Therefore if a spell exists in one game it should remain the same for future series releases as well.
    Just a guess.

4. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I had Nalia and Aerie, and Aerie has better Wisdom.
    When I cast wish, Nalia had a couple of choises, and When I did the same with Aerie, she had almost twice as many choises!
    That's really cool!
    There is no actual point in this message, but I wanted to say it... :)

5. Marek Gems: 3/31

what i really asked about wasn't the 7th lvl limited spell wish in BG2, but the 9th lvl wish spell.
    in AD&D games both limited wish and wish spells can duplicate the effect of any other spell (up to 7 or 9 lvl respectivley). i was also wondering if a sorcerer can learn a wish spell, giving him incredible abilities.

6. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31

For the sake of economy, I think Bioware will look back to Planescape, where a Wish spell and its implications was available to the Nameless One.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah, yeah. And what was that wish spell? Where is genie in PT? Was it limited or unlimited wish? Where you could find that spell?
    ANSWER OR DIE!!!

8. caleb Banned

And what happened to the REAL ending of planescape:torment ANSWER OR BE CASTRATED!!!

9. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31

Guys, guys, settle down. Now would be the perfect opprtunity to demonstrate your support for Interplay, Bioware etc. by going to the nearest computer store, purchasing Torment, and finding out for yourselves...

he, he

Torment sold only about 80,000 copies anyway, compared to the millions generated by BG1 & BG2, so be good lads and spend some money. In many ways, Torment is a more fulfilling experience than either BG1 or BG2.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Really? I'm trying to choose a "Before NVN" game. Should I go for Torment or Septerra Core? Is Torment anything like Revenant? Because Septerra looks like a Final Fantasy game... btw, I never used limited wish, I don't like relying on random spells. -Think Fast, Die old, Don't leave a good looking corpse- ;)

11. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31

Go for Torment. You won't be disappointed:

Better spells and spell effects, better role-playing (Intelliegence, Wisdom & Charisma actually matter!), better storyline, better and more intriguing NPCs, better character development, better beginning, better middle, and supremely better (though somewhat ambiguous) conclusion.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] oh awright, thanx dude, but is the gameplay like Revenants? because I saw a couple of screenshots and I'm not too sure..

13. caleb Banned

revenant playing style=diablo torment=baldurs gate

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    Stepp, why don't you visit PT forum and then ask for Bioware support?
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

R'ysil, both games are great, but in Septerra Core story is too linear and while leveling up characters' statistics are distributed automatically - so first buy Torment, when finished get Septerra Core too!

15. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31

No, the gameplay is closer to BG1 than it is to Revenant.

16. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I recently bought Planescape: Torment and after an initial readjustment from BG2 style of gaming I found it to be a wonderful game. Very funny at times.

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

You haven't believe us!?
    Ah, that took you so long?

To buy it, I mean ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.