1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Three Gauths (Unseeing Eye Quest / After Bridge)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kasio, May 21, 2001.

1. Dauntalus Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 15 sequenced fireballs will fix any problem.

2. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Cloudkills, Shield of Balduran, Melfs Minute meteors... Nope. Thats not what I want to see. For others - thanks, i will definitely try your strategies.
    What do you of my own hit&run (In shadow hidden Valygar with boots of speed and Heartseeker longbow) strategy?

And all of you you didnt answer one of the primary questions that i posted twice btw: IS there any resistance or anti-magic or saving throw for cause critical/serious wounds? how can i avoid it?

And Dauntalus, how do you imagine launching 15 (!) sequenced fireballs to these poor gauths? How many rounds would it take? How many spells can you put in one sequencer? 2? 3? I would be dead after 4 fireballs for sure. I think I would even be in that state after 1st sequencer...

[This message has been edited by kasio (edited May 22, 2001).]

3. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I was rather low-level when I did this quest (first one I did in Chapter 2 practically). They hurt me bad... I used invisibility (potions for some) to get up to them, arrange around and beat the crap out of them. Actually managed to not lose a character, until 8 or so shadows etc came trumping down as I finished up the battle. *sigh*

4. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I lost all but 2 characters when those shadows turned on me...! :mad:

5. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Reply to Kasio's post...hide-hit-run?

Could work when you have a dozen potions of invisibility with you. Otherwise Valygar DIES in 10 seconds! MWHAHAHAHA

6. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Strange... My Valygar can PERFECTLY hide is shadows... Hide in Shadows 124... Nobody sees him... No potion if invis. needed. He is a stalker, havent you noticed TIN_MAN...

7. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I know that stalkers can stealth. :p

But...he must become visiblie when he attacks, aye?

And after that...because the Gauths were hostile, he can't hide back.(You can't hide when seen by an enemy, not even with 185 % hide in shadows ability. Belive me, I have tried it, but it doesn't work.)

Truly said...Kasio...your Valygar has just one or two hit before he is torn apart!

Yours is a strategy I would not likely try at home.(Sorry to say that, but I don't see any chance of success in it.)

But...if you use some potions of invisibility you mustn't run away to hide again. So after a backstab is made drink an hide fast./with this you can finish one for sure/

Why not use Yoshimo for backstabbing? At level 15(he levels up very quickly)he did once 78 damage with a single hit and 122 damage with a critical hit!

I would prefer to use him if I were you, because he sets traps also.

Note that trap setting is an in game feature, it is NOT a cheat to use it!

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited May 22, 2001).]

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Cast Spell Immunity and choose immunity to necromancy.
    That ought to stop their Cause Serious/Critical Wounds I think.

9. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

btw, the bonus weapons r already in the game,
    the merchants only make em available, check it with *shit*keeper

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.