1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Die, Branwen!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Mollusken, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] She is now gone from my party. Yeslick has taken her place, and he has enough strength to wear the Ankheg armor! A bit problem with him being mutli-class, though. Branwen just got "Cure serious wounds". It will take ages for Yeslick to get it.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Right. I always had the opinion that Branwen doesn't fit in my party, one complaning Fighter/Druid (Jaheira) gives already enough problems.....

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

These actions are not those of warrior like.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I always liked Branwen...I was bummed she was missing from BG2

5. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Yup, she is cute. The leather armor and the sling, looking like a whip, give her a very 'strict' appearance. :D

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] If you want "strict" you should go with Viconia. I didn't find Branwen to have much going for her that I couldn't get from some other NPC. Oh heck... I just disliked her.

7. RickySlink Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] What's up with Branwen anyway? When I first got her in my party she wouldn't shut up. Her, Jaheira and Khalid were like some mutual appreciation society. By the time I get to Baldur’s Gate, all I get is the occasional single line of text:

Branwen: I have nothing to say to any of you.

My rep isn’t that high, and I haven’t done anything really crappy. Anyone know why she’s so pissed off? Not that it really matters anyway :D

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Then you already chose not to have her in your party. When you then return she has nothing to say to you.

9. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

She says that all the time.

10. Avooch Dar Guest

These are not the actions of warrior born.
    She really cheeses me off most of the time and her portrait is ugly.
    She looks like chyna from WWF (very ugly)

11. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've dumped her before, and when I return she is turned to stone again. I don't know if this is local to my machine, coz nobody else has reported having this happen...

Oh boy, I'm a kobold now. yea.

[This message has been edited by Ace of Spades (edited June 25, 2001).]

12. rangerdan Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] On my game, unless branwen had a full plate mail armor, she complained a lot. Give her that and she should be happy.

13. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I always kicked jaheria and kalahad just after the mines.. i always picked up brenwen and minsc

Never had to put up with whining that way :D

14. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] WOW! I think I should definately bow at your feet now Kiti :D Red haired godess huh....very sweet pic.

Incidently, Branwen actually manages to do one incredible feat in BG. She actually manages to suck and blow at the same time. IMO she's a waste, but I feel that way pretty much about any pure cleric. Though I suppose you really have to stomach either her or Jahiera till chapter 4, definately dump one of them ASAP. Don't worry about the exp point difference or whatever, it can be made up for. Yeslick is a better choice, but, again, my money's on Quayle. Besides, his diatribes with Minsc and Jahiera are absolutly priceless.

15. Shrylia Gems: 1/31

I kicked out Jahiera a long time ago and Khalid too for that matter...what a dull pair!! I kept Branwyn as my cleric...and with a very high reputation she is oh so happy most of the time that complaining isn't a problem. I gave her a war hammer +! and some good bracers and she is butt kicking for goodness right along with minsc! Plus she can 'tangle' with the best... :) my kind of 'good' girl.

16. DarkCroll Banned

the only good cleric is viconia couse shes evil H0H0H0

17. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Ho ho ho!?!?! Merry Christmas yourself. Would you like my old garbage to dig through ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.