1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bringing back characters in ToB

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by joacqin, Oct 31, 2004.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have just experienced something I didnt think one could experience. Anomen got chunked in the final battle in Hell and didnt want to reload the rough tactics hell battle and thought one casualty was a-ok and that I could get Anomen back in the pocket plane. That was a no can do though, every other NPC is listed except Anomen. Does ToB really know which characters get chunked and thus removed from the listing? I am fairly sure that characters which have got chunked in SoA in the past have been available in the pocket plane. Is it only characters who get chunked in the hell who arent available?

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    heh, I didnt think that would happen. I've been able to call back everyone, but I will admit, I've not had those circumstances happen.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A thought just struck me, he might have been imprisoned. Hmmm, do you think he would be available then?

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Well...you COULD just export your character and start a new game in ToB...but they'd lose their items and levels I suppose...

Try reloading from before the fight...

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well... since the reload is on the tactics fight, I'm guessing Joacqin doesnt want to have to do THAT again. ;)

As for imprisonment, I'd say it would work on the same lines as chunking. If it remembers one, it will remember the other. I just never really thought the game would. But if he died... did you loose all his gear to? That in itself, would make me re-load, despite the annoyance of it.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If a character is killed and has not been resurrected then you cannot summon them back in the pocket plane. Same reason you can't get Yoshimo, and the spirit gives a reason why when you try to summon him.

I think imprisoned characters might be able to be summoned as they aren't dead, but I may be wrong.

If the spirit can summon people from Amn, then surely it can summon people that are trapped beneath the earth?

7. joacqin

Media:
    Anomen isnt even listed, that is the funny part. I know you can bring back chunked NPC's normally, in my last run Mazzy got chunked already in the Shade lords dungeon and I could bring her back in the pocket plane later.

I had actually planned on getting him back in the pocket plane and then SK in all the gear he had and the XP he had, I am lousy cheater.

I think I will do the fight again, it wasnt nearly as tough with this party as it was with my previous one. Sola with his improved sword is frightengly overpowered, constant draw upon holy might?! Whats up with that?

Faraaz, I have pondered cut and paste with the save games and exporting but that is a bit too cheesy. I think I will just redo it. Anomen is a vital part of my PC's harem.

8. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

In my last game Jaheira was killed normally and I ditched her body from the party, Later in the Pocket Plane there wasn't an option to summon her. That's just what happens when people die, I assume.

9. Maxinion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Can't you CLUAConsole him in somehow? I would think that would work, and afterwards you could SK his equipment.

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

You can CLUAConsole a version of him...which would be the version of Anomen you talked to to enlist in the first place...at the same level... :eek:

Joacqin wouldn't want to do that. :D

And CLUA-ing them back to the XP they had is really annoying, not to mention CLUA-ing the equipment they had on them.

That's provided Joacqin remembers what they were...

And Joacqin strikes me as the goody two shoes type of gamer...he wouldn't cheat if his life depended on it, unlike me... :banana:

Ah well...

11. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm calling you out Faraaz. I think you just wanted a chance to use that banana emoticon. :)

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Dead, chunked, or other characters that have died and been removed from the part should not be able to be summoned in the Pocketplane.

Being able to summon Mazzy is a bug.

13. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG]
    Um, is this an edit which didn't show up, or does someone not read other people's posts? Anyway, SKing Anomen would be really easy. The hard thing (for me) would be not making him a level 50/50/50 F/M/T with 2000 HP, 25 allround stats, Kangaxx Imprisonment and kilswrd01.
    LMAO. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.