1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by omnigodly, Aug 23, 2007.

1. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Ugh!! Now I remember why I stopped taking her in my parties. I honestly think she's the most annoying half-elf in the game.

Jaheira quits the harpers, then quits my party, (with all my gear mind you) and threatens to come after me if I'm not good. How long does it take for her to come after me? My reputation went from 16 to 5 and no sign of her. Any clue when she comes back around? I really wanna slaughter her and get all my gear back :) .

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Beren's going to close this thread in a real hurry ;)

I never had her leave my party like that before. But when I played evil, I booted her from the party, and she was at her usual spot outside the harper base. Then she attacked me when I talked to her with a low reputation. But I get the feeling that your situation is different.

3. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

I have neglected to check outside the harper hold, but I'll go check it out now. It might be that she did end up going back there.

Thanks.

EDIT: She wasn't there :( . I was soooo hoping though!

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Actually, afaik, if a character leaves your party because of rep issues, they are gone from the game for good and don't return. So the only solution would be to load a save from before she quit, continue without your gear or just cheat your gear back into your party with the generate item cheats.

5. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

She left while I had 16 rep, not 5. The reason for her leaving was me getting her angry over the romance.

6. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Then she still can leave you for good - depending on what you said. It looks like you scared her away :)

7. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Serves you right! :p :grin:

8. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

!! Don't spite me Beren, or may run a few saves to kill a naked Jaheria - just for you!!!

lol jkjk - I'm gonna restarted for the fourth time just before heading to the pirate island with a Kensai DUALED TO MAGE... so much work...

9. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Jaheira's a crap character in terms of power, and she doesn't even try to roleplay her true neutral alignment (she's basically a chaotic good vigilante who seeks to destroy evil wherever it may lurk). BIO gave her Harper's Call to not make her totally useless.

She's there because of BIO's weird fetish for widows/ex-girlfriends. See Aribeth from NWN.

10. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

This I would not agree with. Not only can she hold her own in the front line if need be (with a good spear, of course); but she can really flesh out your spellcasting options, as well. I don't often play a druid, so I've always found Jaheira to be an extremely useful and versatile character.

Plus she's hot. :D

11. Shaitan

Shes a mean killing machine - in the right hands

12. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Jaheira can be extremely powerful if you can get her to level 16 as a druid, with the upgrade to 6 spell slots of every spell level. Thing is once she hits 15 it takes forever to get her to 16, something i feel makes her worse of a character than others since she feels stagnant. And since she doesn't get her special high level abilities until she gets to 16th, she just gets left behind in spell power compared to the other characters which is a second strike against her. She seems to have gotten the shortest straw from blizzard, the odd widow fetish, the funny alignment issues, and then the absurdity with how they worked the druid class. Its just to much working against one character.

13. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Zerox: That surprises me. Normally, multi-class characters get access to their hla the moment they pass the xp cap of bg2. So, the moment Jaheira hits around 3000000xp total she should get access to her hla. And in the core game (patched, but only official patches) you can take hla from another class than the one you are leveling in. Meaning she can take druid hla for her fighter levels or vice versa.

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jaheira is absolutely deadly if you play her right. I prefer to give her spears and build up her proficiencies accordingly. With just ironskins she can easily become the top tank in the game -- send her in first to be the primary target and everybody get to whack on the bad guys while they try in vain to break through her Ironskins. It's almost cheating.

15. Edmond Dantes Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Jaheira's big fault is bad STR.
    Give her a girdle or any other STR booster, and she becomes lethal with the ironskins as mentionned.
    My personal favorite is to give her the best armor possible, the best shield, and she becomes a real decoy / tank. Her AC will be ridiculously low and she'll have ironskins.

Also, her Druid spells make her a great mage disabler with the insect spells. Not to mention Nature's beauty and the heal spells.

Very useful character.

16. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

She still get access to HLA's at around 3mil xp (1.5mil in each class), the HLA spell's are just an issue in that druids only have one 7th level spell slot at 14th level (1.5mil xp) and can hence only use such a spell once. This problem is rectified when she reaches lvl 15 (3mil xp) as she will have access to six 7th level spell slots. It should be noted that Clerics don't get six 7th level spell slots until lvl 34 (at around 5.8mil xp). Also, just before the 3mil xp mark a druid will have 1 7th level spell slot and a cleric will have 2.

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Jaheira is a very solid and useful character. She can easily reach best AC, resistances, and saving throws (harper pin helps a lot!), with iron skins/protection and healing spells, plus summoning and healing, she is easily the most durable character in even the most dangerous situations. Once you get an item to raise her STR she can kill fast too. Plus I love her character, her romance and quests are always fun and intriguing for me.

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Right, ED. I didn't even mention the offensive/mage killing aspects of Jaheira. Insect Plague is great, but I preferred Creeping Doom to Nature's Beauty. The Fire Elemental conjured is the best summon (IMO) and Call Woodland Being is pretty powerful for a fourth level spell. She doesn't have powergamer stats, but is certainly a powerhouse.

Of course, Cernd can do all of these and enter a battle as a Greater Werewolf with Ironskins -- I don't know of many things that withstand that assault. But he doesn't have anywhere near the banter that Jaheira has.

As far as romances; I thought Jaheira's was the most complete and extremely well written, but I liked the Viconia romance a little more (the ability to change her alignment was a great add on).

19. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't know what it is about this character but I love her about as much as one can love an NPC. I find it incredibley difficult not to bring Jaheira in my party. She fits well with my good aligned parties (the fact that she is Neutral Good helps). I love her dialogue and quests, and her voicing is so well done that I use it in Icewind Dale 2 for female druid characters. In my opinion she beats Cernd hands down (I don't like Shapeshifters) and can easily tank or work the back lines with a sling due to her meaty Dexterity (gotta love that elf blood). Druid spells are very useful, and almost worth giving up Restoration and Holy Smite for (although I usually have both :rolleyes: ). The only thing that I think Black Isle should have done in the first place to make her better would be to have her as a Pure Class Druid!

20. Shaitan

I know what you meen; I also have her with me each and every single time I play. You could say, that it was because of me, her husband died, and thus I have to take her with me - not that I need an excuse :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.