1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I just rolled the best roll ever.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Errol, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

2. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nice, highest I have gotten is 93 or so total.

3. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

HAH! Not bad, but in ToEE I rolled a 17, 16, 18, 15, 18, 15 - total is 99, :) (and the rolls are harder to make, and you can't move points around 1 by 1, so I discarded a 17, 16, 17, 15, 16, 15, because it had no 18's :) )

I've done even better in BG 1 and 2, like 3 or 4 18's, and the rest 14/16/17 or so, but I can't remember exact roles. I'll go see if I can dig up an old character export file, but it's probably all 21's now due to books :)

I take rolling very seriously, I think the total was like 101 or 103. Very Nice.

4. Trimm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What was the class and race, Gopher?

5. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Best roll I ever got was in BG with an elf Ranger, 18/97 Str, 19 Dex, 17 Con, 10 Int, 14 Wis, and 18 Cha. Have not even been able to get close since, and it was my first serious character I rolled and beat the game with. Drives me crazy rolling for thieves and fighters becasue of it.

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Here are screenshots of two of my best rolls - 98 and 97 point rolls.

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

My best was "only" 95 :)

Why... the maximum is just 18/18/18/18/18/18? With racial modifiers different of course?

8. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

IIRC, I once had a rolls of 17, 19, 15, 17, 16, 15 etc.. It made me a damn good char :)

since dex was 19, naturally it was an elf :)
    I made it a Ranger IIRC.. My best throws ever, but I was throwing 'em for like ½ hour so it took alot of time

9. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] It was a Half-Elven ranger :)
    Not bad eh? :) Well done Earl Gray, I know you take that kinda stuff quite seriously :)

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Not bad Gopher.

Best I ever got was 18/93, 14, 17, 12, 14, 14. Only 88 total, elven ranger. I'm not as patient as you guys with rolls I guess.

11. Errol Gems: 23/31

That's the funny thing, this was like my 7th or 8th roll... :eek:
    Anyway, I'll stop obsessing now.

12. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I've gotten better...

18,18,18,18,9,18 (A neutral evil human bard in bg1)
    That would be a 99 point roll.

Tho i don't have a screenshot. :(

13. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

very nice :) congratz.

my best roll is: cleric\ranger :18,18,18,18,18,10

though i admitt i was very lucky as i don't focus to much on getting superhuman rolls.

14. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My best ever roll was with my human paladin i got 18/97 /18/18/13/18/18

15. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    My best roll was 18/18/15/18/18/18.
    That was on a Blade Bard.

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    The screenshot Ain't working Gopher, But I trust ya!

The Best roll I made was for a stupid char I played 1hours in TOB a CE Fighter name ¨Kick Ass Fighter¨ stats? 18/81 18 18 17 15 16 DOH!

17. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] 103 and 105 point rolls... Very nice, perhaps you can back those statements up with screenshots? :D

18. Errol Gems: 23/31

Screenshots not working because they ate up too much space on my hosting, which I was cleaning out :square: 105? I hardly think so.

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] 105? Easy! Ctrl-8, then use SK to take away a few points (otherwise it would feel like you were cheating). :spin: :rolling:

I usually like to roll for 5 minutes or so (its the powergamer in me). I think the best I ever got was 93.

20. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I think it's annoying that they don't have a box on the bottom that says "Total" and adds them up for you. It would save a lot of time. For example, even if you aren'ta powergamer, but want decent stats for your character, you're probably looking at a total of about 85-90, and with the ability to move points around, you'll be fine. If they had a total box on the bottom, you could rapidly click through until you got what you wanted...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.