1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Should Minsc Ever Become Normal?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tayja, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] This poll is to get some idea of the direction people would like to see Minsc go in a mod.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 3 question(s). 59 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Should Minsc Ever Become Normal? (59 votes.)

Should Minsc Regain Normal Intelligence and Wisdom? (Choose 1)
    * Minsc is actually brilliant, and the party is too blind to see it. - 15% (9)
    * Don't change a thing, Minsc is perfect the way he is. - 31% (18)
    * I would like to know who the real Minsc was before that blow to the noggin. - 51% (30)
    * I wouldn't have Minsc in my party even if he became a Rhodes scholar. - 3% (2)

Is Boo just a rodent, a familiar, or truly a miniature giant space hamster? (Choose 1)
    * Tremble all before the might that is Boo revealed! - 31% (18)
    * Every once in a while Boo does seem to give good advice. Now if only he was a little bit useful. - 51% (30)
    * I'd like to tie Minsc down, then squash and raise that rat repeatedly. - 19% (11)

Are there any gender, race, or alignments that Minsc won't romance? (Choose 10)
    * Human - 14% (8)
    * Elf - 15% (9)
    * Half-Elf - 17% (10)
    * Halfling (Gotta love the furry feet) - 37% (22)
    * Dwarf - 46% (27)
    * Gnome - 49% (29)
    * Half-Orc - 51% (30)
    * Vampire - 81% (48)
    * Male - 71% (42)
    * Evil - 92% (54)

2. Velete Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

everyone knows that minsc is really a hollow shell built by the space hamster invaders and boo is piloting him on a mission to recon the land for invasion.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

He's mad as a Hatter, but maybe a good, old-fashioned smack to the head could cure him? :p

Boo is Boo and Minsc is Minsc, so there aren't miniature giant space hamsters or giant miniature space Minscs.

LOL, a halfling, elf, dwarf or an vampire? :lol: Ridicilous.

4. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have actually wondered about Minsc and Bodhi having a romance.. could be nice.. ;)

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Should Minsc be normal?

Should chocolate be vanilla? :rolling:

I think if he were normal, no one would like him. If he wasn't such a humorous, enthusiastic goofball, I doubt I would have him in my party at all - he wouldn't be interesting enough.

That said, I would like to know what he was like "before the bonk," if you will. But no - don't make him normal. No fun, man.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The Grim Bunny is right.

Who is Cernd if he doesn't spout allegories about nature like a fortune cookie?

WHo is Viconia if she isn't bitter, angry, drow?

Who is Aerie if she doesn't whine?

Who is Edwin if he doesn't make insane and crazy remarks about his power? (Foolish simians, they still do not comprehend the depth of this post!)

So... who's Minsc without Boo, without a purple tatoo, and the general insanity? Minsc is Minsc, Boo is Boo, and Minsc and Boo are Minsc and Boo. To change them is, well, weird. Besides, I just can't think of a good personality for the "smart" Minsc.

Minsc's racial enemy (technically) is Vampires and (non-technically) Evil. Neither works, although Minsc is probably not bright enough to realize it sometimes anyways. In any case, he eventually will get the spell Detect Evil. But please, no romances. Besides, I've always thought of Minsc as asexual anyways. Romance is just not something that goes with him.

But even my total against-ness against this idea, I still would like to see the dialogue stuff. I imagine it'd be... interesting.

7. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, Minsc and Aerie does have a little.. fling running. Romances doesn't require sex or something like that, sweet talk would suffice.

8. BigRob Gems: 1/31

That's probably the best way to go with old Minsc. He can still be totally crazed and sweet talk the PC (if a mage perhaps)or Aerie or any of the other mage-ladies. Sex is a totally different kettle of fish of course. I think it could be done, but it would need to be done very subtly.

9. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

If Minsc has a real personality, then go for it, but if he is just a larger version of Jan, who is equally mad then I am not interested.

Minsc is not only from one of the more lame classes, his personality as in BG2 makes me vomit. Viconia actually talks to him. If I was a BG2 character I'd have convinced Minsc to go and slaughter Jonny alone, despite being a Lawful Goody 2 Shoes Paladin. Minsc is far too lame...

If we get to find out who the real Rashemar warrior who was defending his witch really was then that is an interesting and worthwhile story to delve into...

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

While I like Minsc's insanity, the REAL, pre-injury Minsc would be an interesting character, no question. And Rangers are no more or less lame than any other class. It's all in how you play! Was he smarter than Valygar? Could he berserk before the injury? What was Boo to him before the injury -- maybe a gift for his kid? IS MINSC MARRIED? Could be. This sort of thing (for ALL characters) could be the basis for a BG3.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I remember the Minsc-esque romance...He asks Aerie to be his witch!

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bel, did you spell that right? I think you accidentally hit the "w" key ;)

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...Minsc lovers get your projectiles ready to throw.

Personally, I wouldn't mind one bit if Minsc and that stupid rodent were completely removed from the game! Perhaps there should be a mod where you can make Minsc go back to Rasheman...forever! :rolling:

14. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

You mean people actually put this lunatic in a party and are seen in public with him? :) :)

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I would like to see minsc, as I believe Death Rabbit put it as - Before the bonk.

Still the man he was before yet restored a little bit.

What I find most worrying is that a couple of people in the final question didn't select 'Male'

I never could picture Minsc as Gay, but you never know...

16. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well the fact that these facts about Minscey's previous life are not from the original story...
    I don't know, but I quite can't accept mods as parts of the story, as they are made by so many different people. Sorry.

17. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I would like to know whta minsc was like befre he hit his head, but not in a mod and for the same reason as ArrynMorgerim just wrote.

18. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well I can certainly respect your "don't mess with a good thing" feelings. In which case a mod written and designed by Shakespeare, Spielberg and Jobs would probably not be good enough for you. Fortunately your solution's easy... ignore it.

However, I will fight blindly on for my compatriots in the "Noooo... It can't be over. Not now! Not ever! There's gotta be something I haven't tried yet..." category. (Well in an effort to make full disclosure, I haven't finished ToB yet, but I've been through Chapter 2 25 times to try all the NPC's and romances.)

I am working for consistency. To that end I would like to listen to all of Minsc's .wavs, maybe even see all of his dialogue. Would someone be kind enough to hold my hand, and walk me through how that might be accomplished? (Without playing the game through 6 more times).

Also have any books been written about Rashemen, similar to Robert Salvatore's definitive books on the underdark? Does anyone know the definition of Djemma? (besides wander around adventuring until one of us gets cracked on the head and the other dies?)

One evil little part of my brain has thought of killing two birds with one stone. Minsc does make a couple of plays for Edwina....

No. No. I'll be good. A real, sincere story for Minsc...

19. Bassilus Banned

I thought Minsc was from someplace else, and Dynaheir from Rasheman???

Why couldn't Jaheira die and Dynaheir be the Romance option?

Why shouldn't Minsc get sex? Look at the size of that guy! His "size" probably dwarfs the PC's, second only to Sarevok I'll wager! :D

20. Korsel Gems: 1/31

Boo's Origin:
    (I read this in an interview with one of the developers or something. I can't remember it verbatum, unfortunately.)
    Minsc recieved The Unpleasent Blow which added so much fun to our games in later years. As he was travelling home (or something) he met a merchant trying to sell a hamster. I *believe* the merchant informed Minsc that it was a miniature giant space hamster (which was, of course, totally truth, and in no way a scam). Then Minsc took Boo home and lived happily ever after...until he met the PC, of course. Everything up the the words 'space hamster' is true.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.