1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do I kill the "Fake" Gorion?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Rolsuk Fryulee, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] When you go to the Temple for the search of Yaga-Shura's regeneration, and you meet the Wraith Master who pretends to be Gorion, him and his budies are hard. Well I just started it and they just cut up my company. Them and there d@&^*# level drain! Any tips would be helpful.

So heres my company:
    -Limin'ay Ti'ar (my Wild Mage level 17)
    -Saervok
    -Minc and Boo
    -Keldorn
    -Valygar
    -Jan

I'm thinking about droping off someone for Anomen for his Negative Plane Protection spell, but I don't know who.

[This message has been edited by Rolsuk Fryulee (edited July 22, 2002).]

2. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

What I did was focus my power on him at first and then when he was dead I killed the other guys. Hit fast and hard. He only has about 90 HP.

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You've got Keldorn right? And what does Keldorn do? "An inquisitor hunts and destroys evil practioners of magic..."
    Use him, slap a Dispel Magic right over there (not on you mind), charge him over. He's immune to leve drain and such IIRC, or that could be the Undead Hunter, nevermind.
    Hmmm...a Cleric would be Really useful.
    Just try to load up a few sequencers and Spell Triggers if you can, they will help a lot.
    Smack a load of Magic Missile's, Melf's Acid Arrows and Fire Arrows in there.
    I tackled him with a level 19-22 party. How can you only be level 17?

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Mace of Disruption provides protection from level drain. Do you have it?

5. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

No I don't have that. My mage has Spell Sequencer so I'll use that to help. I think I'll drop off Saervok sense he'll leave because of my reputation anyway, and I'll get Anomen. Any other help would be useful.

6. Fritz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I don't think Sarevok leaves if you have high Reputation.

7. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yeah you're right he won't leave because of reputation.

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Get Minsc to go into a beserk with a high AC, he'll be immune to level drain due to the beserk. If they all move against him then you can pick them off one at a time with Sarevok and Keldorn. The Wraith Master will cast protection spells that will hurt you like blue fireshield so you can wait till they run out or have Keldorn dispel magic. Jan can cast haste if you like and magic missile. Try and see. There really is no need to get Anomen just for immunity to level drain. Hope this helps.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Turn undead works pretty well too. I never needed Neg. Plane Protection. I always concentrated on forcing some of the little guys away with Turn Undead while my fighters hacked up the shades that stayed. Once I kill all the Master Wraith's friends, I hit him hard. The only spells that I used were dispels.

10. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Summon monsters to use as fodder/shields and nail the nasties with ranged weapons. Have Jan lay down some traps near the right side of the screen to get the master as you do a tactical retreat in that direction (after killing all the other nasties). If you send in someone in melee against the master, make sure he has a weapon with a lot of pluses. I have this recollection that it takes +4 or maybe even +5 to hit him.

[This message has been edited by Bombur (edited July 24, 2002).]

11. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i just cast a couple of Sunrays... that did the trick for me.

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Bombur, some people would view summoning monsters to use like that as cheese, since there is no way that your character would know that the big shade fight is waiting. If you're already engaged when you summon the monsters, they won't work very well as fodder because the shades will still be attacking your characters.

13. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

I don't think it's cheese -- I commonly summon undead or another long-lasting monster like invisible stalker when I first get to a new area, and I use that monster as an advanced scout. Sure, I can't see what it sees, but I can tell if it gets attacked. With such a monster ahead of you, it should be in about the right spot when the game commandeers your party and sticks them right in front of the master wraith. Contingencies are another good way to get instant monsters when you encounter an enemy, not to mention the quick response time on the wand of monster summoning. It's not difficult to get summoned monsters in the right place at the right time even when you don't know what's coming.

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31

In this fight, the main character is placed right at the front of the party, so when the wraith attacks, the summoned creature wouldn't work much for fodder.

Anyway, there is no way that your character would know what is waiting for him, and it doesn't seem proper to me for him to use his spells whenever he is possibly in no danger. He can explore easily enough himself. As I said, I don't care how you play, and the definition of cheese is so subjective that you can view it however you want, just please don't try to change other's opinions on it just because you don't want it to be.

15. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I did it thanks for all your help. I made Anomen Turn Undead and I just killed them as they were runnig. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.