1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Some insight on Parties

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Laertiades, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Laertiades Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ok, I play with this Party, Human Monk, Viconia, Minsc, Edwing, Valygar, Imonem

I before Imonem I used Jan, Edwing and Viconia I wouldn't change for anything. I would like to play all the other chars specially Keldron, Mazzy, Keldron,Haer'Dalis and Anome. I have played with Keldron, Aeri, Yoshimo, and Jaheria, but I kicked them out for one reason, or another.

I find my party Ideal, but I would like to play on this run with the player, Edwin and Viconia, and another 3 chars.

Which 3 won't end up beating the hell out eachother or the chars I already have.

P.S. What am I really missing on by playing a Monk? are the Kensay, or the Barabarian worth it? I plan to cheat on this run, I tried out the Monk, and he does like 40+ everytime he hits. WHat is Better a Mage or a Sworcerer in case I want to play one (I don't because I find Edwin and any other mage suficient)

2. Magnus_G Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Basically anyone not good will do just fine with Edwin and Viconia, just don't let your reputation get too high. Avoid Keldorn and Minsc at all costs. As far as Kensai are concerned, I love 'em, but hey all the the character classes are appealing to somebody, you just need to try them out.

Btw, do you look at what you are typing before you post it? I can understand misspelling English words, especially if it isn't your first language, but the names in the game? Oh well... Also, don't cheat! Its not as fun as you think!

3. zaknafein Guest

maybe you should check your spelling

4. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] would you like fries with your chicken EDWINGs???

5. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Most good people will be fine, actually. It's just Keldorn and Minsc you have to look out for, as they are likely to fight with Viconia and Edwin. (Valygar has a small chance to also, but obviously that didn't happen to you.)

6. Kalten Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you are going to play a spell caster I would recomend the sorcerer. There are plenty of mage NPCs to go around but no sorcerers. You have to change your playing style with the sorcerer since you are limited to only a couple new spells each level even though you get to pick them. It is tough when you level up and can only pick one spell from the new level. You really need to examine who is in your party and what their abilities are (e.g. if you are playing with Keldorn you may not want to pick up true seeing),

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I play a good party at the moment, and just met Edwin. At the moment, I have a half-elf F/M/T, Jaheira, Aerie, Amoen, Yoshimo and Nalia. (I have a concurrent romances-patch running... :)
    I want to know, what happens if I kick out Nalia and persuade Edwin to join me?

Ara
    (Having a cold and afraid she'll miss classes... too bad)

8. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Nothing particularly happens except that you get Edwin's quests instead of Nalia's. If you get a very high reputation, Edwin might leave your party since he doesn't like wasting time on the sorts of things that lead to high rep. Edwin is a more powerful spell caster than Nalia and generally more amusing to have around, but either one does a fine job of being your main mage (as does Imoen, for that matter). Edwin doesn't get along with Keldorn or Minsc, but everyone else is kosher. Nalia gets along with everyone.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.