1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How Do You Think ToB Ends? (SPOILER)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Nobleman, May 28, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

makes you wonder doesn't it =)

I dunno, it sure look like cowls, but the symbol on the table disturbs me.

Perhaps some sort of harper associated sect, they do seem to have a great interest in the children.

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I don't think ToB has different endings. I am very much looking forward to ToB, but keep in mind that it's just a (small) expansion.
    Btw, isn't it on one single CD?
    I expect lots of hack'n slash, but not an awful lot of roleplaying. Just trying to keep my expectations reasonable here...

3. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] they have a new compression system that makes it all storeable on one cd, the only thing I want is that it is big, lets say like 2 chapters, but I probably will set my hopes to high and finish it in a day

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well I read ToB will add 50 or 60 hours of playtime to the game.... so that will be two and a half day playing without sleep ;)

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I think I'll spend more time on completing the game. I like playing it right no reloading too much.I think this makes the intensity and Roleplaying much more intense. It also makes the game last much longer in playtime.

To Lokken: Yes You said it bro!!! :D That table... hmmm. Perhaps the cowled wizzards are more sinister than we thought. More part of the plot than we thought.

To Earl why dont You think there are multiple endings. How can You squize one ending down on both evil and good maincharacters? Any ideas?

I think it is too cheap if it comes to the point that alignment didn't really matter throughout BG1-TOTSC-BG2-ToB. A game which most certainly is a batttle between good and evil.

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Nobleman is really right. Good thinking dude. I don;t think Good and Evil can't just end the same. Maybe they can defeat the same person(s) in the end, but what they do then with the postition that they earned would be quite different, depending on your alignment.

7. ios Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

hey i think that these guys are the watchers!! you know the great watcher's keep dungeon whick keep telling us all the time ...

it would be fun to have multiple endings and they will propably make it that way because a good bhaal spawn who wants to get rid of the bhaal one and for all isn't the same with an true evil guy who just wants power and more power so tha he'll become bhaal himself

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Nobleman, in my understanding a score is twenty, so Alaundo underestimated the number, or just used "a score" to mean "a lot"

Now, the cowled guys, the Icon is the one from BG1 and the floor of Sarevok's temple, so it's probably an icon of Bhaal. My reckoning is that these people are some kind of cult that worships Bhaal and has been set up (possibly by Bhaal himself) to ensure his plan to come back works, and are now worried that you're so poweful you might ruin his plan for your own ends. I think the ending will be after the battle, when a severely weakened Bhaal is trying to fight Cyric and destroy his children once their purpose is served at the same time. Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be conclusive for your character.

9. Avooch Dar Guest

If you can think back a bit you said something about getting to 40th level.
    Now then you see for BG2 they were all going on about how you could get to level 23 and stuff.
    Only did you find at the last minute that in fact it was only theives that could get that high.

As far as i can work out this is how far you can get:

Fighter:40
    Paladin:34
    Ranger:34
    Mage:31
    Sorcerer:31
    Cleric:43
    Druid:That one is slightly harder to work out as the manual was printed wrongly!
    Theif:46
    Bard:46
    Monk:43 (ridiculous!)
    Barbarian:40

10. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

2.5 days without sleep?
    you know, I finished bg2 for the first time in 5 days, not even full days :D

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Then you are indeed of kevlar.
    What are you still doing here? Git on to break the forum record (yours), let's say finish it in 3 days!

BTW, I played it more days than you both times. A week or two.

12. Avooch Dar Guest

Stop going on about how much time it is going to take to complete. BG2 could be completed in 9 days in a row. But has anyone actually done that?!?!

You make it out to be small but TOB is actually bigger 1.5 times longer than planescape. So really it is an entirely new game! And i am going to search every nook and cranny of it like i have done with the other games. The longer it takes the more fun it is!

13. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Seems like I heard somethign about multiple endings, but that may have been just for the romances.

I would be *extremely* upset if I had to kill Imoen, especially after all I went through to rescue her in the first place. The cutscenes in BG2 actually made me red in the face. I actually growled at my monitor and told Irenicus all the horrible things I was going to do to him when I finally caught him.

14. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

*** MAJOR SPOILER ***

First, TOB has multiple endings, two to be exact. You can pick your final destiny, that being good or bad.

The last battle is against Melissan who's power you shall absorb and inherit.

End cimatics and end of your journey.

Syl...

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Gee . . . Thanks. Don't need to order it now! ;)

now, lets chase Syl off the forum with one word: WALKTHROUGH?

16. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

What do you think I'm already working on? LOL :D

Syl...

17. Avooch Dar Guest

Great all of this build up and we have to fight someone with a name remisant of a sitcom title. Goodness i am shaking in my boots!

18. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Well, at least he put "Spoiler" up there before. You had the choice and you let your curiosity get to you.

However, this still leaves out the robed figures. I have to agree with Ironbeard about them being a cult of Bhaal. I just remember that before Bhaal died, all his followers were killed and BG supposedly takes place just after the Time of Troubles, so... I guess we'll all just have to wait.

[This message has been edited by Vile (edited June 18, 2001).]

19. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I still think that the "Cult of Personality" is Tal, Darian and BTA . . .

As to Syl's spoiler. Yeah, the final bad-gal does sound like a "Balder's Gate 90210" character, but look at how Shannon Dorty has grown since that show: witchcraft, drunk driving, she's a walking terror.

20. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

any one see that movie "Blade"?

in the end the bad guy (a vamp) turns into the god of blood or something. I think that Sarevok will do this (turn on you in the end if he is in your party) and then you would have to fight him as a god.

(hope no one already said that, i didn't read all of the other posts)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.