1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Saemon is dead?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, May 21, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    On my last play through the game, after leaving the asylum and taking the ship with Saemon Havarian, I attacked and killed Saemon when the Gythyanki (sp?) attacked us (instead of attacking the boarding Gythyanki). I think he definitely deserved to die, and it turns out he's a super whimp. You only have one round to kill him, as after that he teleports away, but if you dispel the Stoneskin he casts, it is definitely possible to take him out as he has absolutely no armor or other protections, and you get 18K experience for some reason, even though he's about as challenging as a gibberling.

Now one question - Has anyone else ever done this, and if so does do you know if he still shows up in ToB? That would rule if he didn't, because the guy screws you over every chance he gets. And they couldn't make up some stupid "he was resurrected" story, as the ship sinks, and his body is lying on the bottom of the ocean somewhere.

2. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Yep, I've done it (without dispelling the Stoneskin, as I didn't know he had it), and yes, he shows up again in ToB. You can kill him in a similar way there, but you have to be even quicker.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You have to hit him before he puts up the Stoneskin, IIRC. I just did the same thing for the first time myself. It's lame that if you kill him he still comes back in ToB. I'll have to kill the bastard there too :evil:

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Yeah but it's better that he continualy shows himself again and again. This way you can kill him many times :grin: :eek:

The bastard deserves it :)

5. Redeemer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Why do everyone disslike Seamon? He's a good guy in the bottom, as long as you pay him he will do everything for you. That's if someone else don't pay him better.

And come on, in the end when he helps you into the monastry he DON'T drug you, just because of the fact that he likes you~~

Sorry for my bad english.
    I come from Sweden d00ds~~

6. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Welcome to the boards, Redeemer! If you choose to follow Saemon into the monastery, he WILL betray you again! On the basis of good roleplaying, I never give him the chance -- I get the key for the undead crypt and use that way.

7. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Saemon Havarian NPC has multiple creature files in the game. I backstabbed him to gib in the Asylum once at the end of talking to him about his plan to leave Brynnlaw and then as we were teleported outside it said, Saemon Havarian death, but then he immediately says, "Glad to see your person well and sound."

He was alive! :eek:

Some villians refuse to die. So even if you killed him twice in SOA he will still be there in TOB.

8. Redeemer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well thanks Lord Keldin, I wouldn't really say that he betrays you. When speaking with the warriors he says that he didn't drug you because he owned you one. And it's a very easy fight. I like him, a guy that does everything for money but still can't defend himself a second. I don't think it's all his fault, he is more like a victim to surcuimstances (no idea how to spell that word ;) )

Fare thee well

Between, where do you get the graveyard key and where do you come when entering the door?

9. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

well I pickpocketed him when he was leaving the inn in brynlaw, but when I brought him the horn, he was hostile. Only needed to replay half of the asylum...

10. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

I hate Saemon -- kill him every chance I get. Of course, I usually have to reload after that because the game hangs and/or the storyline is lost. Try killing him on the pirate lord's boat when you first get it, or before the Githyanki captain can talk to him once you are underway, and you'll see what I mean. Even in death he screws up the game.

11. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

He appears in Amkethran, I think and says something, what makes some stupid guards attack you.

12. Bassilus Banned

My hatred for him BURNS everlasting for what he said to those guards!

"Now now, come quietly, return those things you bought from me yesterday."

"I see this is only going to end in violence. You're on your own."

The bastard does indeed deserve Irenicus' dungeons!!!

I wish you could say, "Well, how about you return the money I gave you for them? Perhaps you can pay it to these men as compensation."

Then teleport away!!!

I just wanna summon a friendly Drizzt and watch him perish in agony from twin scimitars! Too bad I don't know how to cheat...

13. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Saemon is a nice guy, as stated before he is just a victim of the circumstances :)

14. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

There should be some private pocket plain for Saemon and Sarevok to take turns killing each other for eternity. "Why doesn't anyone ever stay *DEAD*?!"

I don't mind that Saemon is a grifter and a con man. I do mind that, playing a thiefly conning character myself, I never get the chance to out-con him. I get to kill him. But since he keeps getting better, it isn't very gratifying.

I would really love the chance to pull a great double-cross over on him.

15. Bassilus Banned

Agreed.

Yet Saemon could *never* kill Sarevok, I'm sorry. :rolleyes:

16. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

saemon is a swashbuckler/mage

seravok is a fighter

saemon could do it

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ha ha I disintegrated, petrified, and finger of deathed the bugger in my previous games, yet he always managed to show up in ToB.

A mod makes him not appear in ToB if he is kille dthough, this time I killed him again and am curious what will happen in ToB.

Just use insta-kill spells, add a doom first, and he is history.

Though how he manages to re-integrate himself OR survive when he is a solid rock under the sea, I will never know. :shake:

18. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It seems that Saemon is so untrustworthy that he even cheats and betrays death :D

19. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Is this mod done? I only thought it was in the beginning of construction...

20. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I am %100 sure, it is not an entire new mod, but part of a large mod. Was it Unfinished Bussiness, or Quest Pack? Or what? I can't be sure, I have all of them. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.