1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BGT or BG1TUTU?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tal Rasha, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

I'll definitely use easytutu if I do install tutu.

Do I need tutu tweaks? I am planning on using BG2 fixpack beta 3, bg2 tweak pack, quest pack, err one or two other things.

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
  3. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yes, or go straight there, I was linking for EasyTutu mostly. It's very much the endorsed version of Tutu these days anyway, so I'm not sure there's much need to distinguish...? Shrug.

Tutu Tweaks is incorporated into the BG2 Tweak Pack.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Ah, my apologies SimDing0, I didn't realise your orignal intent.

5. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the help.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

True enough, but I prefer to make the distinction in order to warn people what the differences are, much like you used to warn that v6 of Tutu was still in beta-testing and thus might have some bugs, so the less computer-savvy might be better off with v4. The same applies to letting people know how the EasyTutu installation works in comparison to the standard Tutu installation. It may not be necessary every time, but I think it helps prevent possible confusion. Or maybe I'm missing your meaning.

7. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hello -

Thanks to everyone who has recommended EasyTutu. It is gratifying to see that people have found it to be be a solid distribution of Tutu, and I do appreciate your taking the time to post positive feedback.

Without getting into plugging EasyTutu specifically (my bias is obvious), I would vote strongly in favor of the Tutu approach. As Sim and Cam have mentioned, BG1 quite simply does not flow seamlessly into BG2, and no attempt to somehow graft them together thematically and/or plotwise can be successful without substantially rewriting games I don't care to see rewritten. I vastly prefer to appreciate the two games separately, as they were originally released. Further, keeping them apart more easily allows for separation where it is beneficial (e.g., not awarding thousands of XPs for picking a lock in BG1, or having a BG1 .ITM remain distinct from its BG2 cousin where appropriate).

In addition, Tutu is the target platform of the best mods. The one exception here is BP and its kin: if you are interested in them, by all means use BGT. But if you want access to high quality NPCs (e.g., the PPG ones) and hugely popular mods such as BG1NPC on their native platform, you are looking for Tutu.

Lastly, PPG is truly a top tier modding community, populated by intelligent and interesting people and mod authors. EasyTutu is living proof of that: no one so much as blinked an eye when I wandered along, developed a new installer, and then started maintaining the game content. Why? Because they are more interested in fielding the best possible presentation of Tutu than they are in kicking up a fuss about me encroaching on their turf.

So, from my corner, the word is: Tutu.

8. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

This is probably a stupid question, but if I install Tutu, can I use other things like BG2 fixes and tweaks etc? With Tutu that is.

9. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

If you use EasyTutu, don't bother with anything fix-wise outside of the official patches as it already contains fixes in the EasyTutu process itself. For the most part, BG2 mods that alter rules (i.e. tweaks) or add kits are fine.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.