1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Kelsey

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by shadow lurker, Nov 8, 2005.

1. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Just interested in what people think about Kelsey in general. :D Do you like him or loathe him and why? :D (Inspired by the 'Anomen: For or Against Ano' thread)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 22 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Kelsey (22 votes.)

For or against Kelsey? (Choose 1)
    * For - 64% (14)
    * Against - 36% (8)

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This 'for or against' answer thing is really :nuts: . I see it and think, 'I'm for Kelsey, but I also want him against my PC'. :lol:

I like Kelsey. He's a different class to play with, well written and well voiced. I prefer the default portrait (modified picture) to the other 2, which are more Photo Shop than portrait.

Best thing is he's not emotionally challenged. He's a merchant with innate spells who has minor family issues. His wings aren't gone, his wife isn't dead, he's not worried about belonging to a club and his race isn't making people want to kill him.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

:lol: Good call kuemper! :thumb:

That remark about not belonging to a club made me chuckle most - I will now forever associate Anomen with those people who obsess about getting themselves invited to be members of golf clubs in Buckinghamshire... :shake:

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It's difficult to answer. I don't like his portrait, I don't like his voicing, I don't like his banters and romance. But he is damm good sorcerer! :D

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I wanna be a member of the golf club in Buckinghamshire, please, oh pretty please :bigeyes: :p

Kinda silly question... I would say like or dislike would suit as better poll options, as I when I play don't have any for or against predicaments, but base my party around my PC. However I do like and-/or dislike some of the NPC's both originally within the game, and added through mods.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Hmm he is OK, I have the mod never actually tried him, (jealous of his so many spells as a sorcerer) and his romance looks interesting but I can not try it.(unfourtunately he is not 'bi' like Sola :p I didn't try Sola yet though it is on my mind :D I just wonder how creepy or cool can it be with a male PC. :shake: ) But considering the fact that he is so popular he must be really good. Better than Anomen at least.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@Silverstar - A wet paper towel is more exciting than Anomen's romance. :lol: Kelsey is one of those NPCs that is romanceable *and* a great NPC. Some of them are just boring or out of place in the game when you decide to romance someone else, but want that NPC in your party. If you don't want the romance, Kelsey is a great addition to any (good) party. Like I said, he's normal. He doesn't whine or moan on and on about how destitute his life is, like...do I need to mention names?

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@kuemper
    That 'wet paper towel' thing was a bit harsh, Anomen's not THAT bad! :( IMHO Kelsey is a bit annoying. His voice is louder than most other NPC's and he also talks over them e.g in Bodhi's maze when you stumble Imoen will ask if you're okay, but if you have Kelsey in your party he makes his own comments and then Imoen dosen't get a chance to say what she was going to say.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Kelsey is a F***ing stud! :cool:

I can't have a party without him. His voice overs make the game more enjoyable, and his mini-romance with Immy is interesting.

Besides...sorcerers are the best! :thumb: :rolling:

10. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Hmm, that reminds me. Once I had Kelsey in my party, then kicked him out and got Imoen instead (so they never met). Then I had to kick Imoen out temporarily to make way for Sarevok and she said something like "don't forget about me Kelsey-kins!" ???

11. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

You see! I've always said Kelsey makes the game unplayable. :p

12. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmmm. Something like that should happen if they have a TOB romance going, but if they never actually met, that sounds like a bug on my part. Shouldn't affect your gameplay, but I apologize for the distraction.

13. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@jcompton
    Don't worry about it, I already knew about Imoen + Kelsey, I just didn't intend for them to be in my party at the same time.
    No distraction. :D

14. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm voting For Kelsey as he's a cool sorcerer who is cool! I didn't realise sorcerers could be so great. Kelsey is a very interesting NPC with a cool voice set and personality, and now I can't bring myself to turn him down in favour of Ano the Orc! :)

15. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

What I've never really understood is why Kelsey waits for you outside the Adventurer's Mart when he and Ribald aren't exactly on good terms.
    As a sorcerer he's good. I give him the Kelsey AI script, but it gets annoying when he casts 'stoneskin' and then runs away from the battle. It takes a while to figure out he's not fighting anymore, then I have to go find where he is.

@Western Paladin
    LOL! :D So you voted 'against' I presume? :D

16. jcompton Gems: 9/31

To needle Ribald? :)

More seriously, it satisfied my requirement for "a common point of reference that isn't the Copper Coronet like half of the NPCs in the game." I could have put him somewhere else in the Promenade, but "outside Ribald's" is pretty easy to remember and easily accessible.

17. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Ahhh...I see...Thanks. :D
    So then why do you first meet him in the Government District? It's not like he has a house there or is being burnt at the stake or anything...(Where does he live anyway?)
    Oh, btw I like that freaky woman who you can talk to in Amkethran if you have Kelsey in your party. She's such a freak! :D My character ended up impressing her. Oh, did I mention that woman has a wierd voice?

18. jcompton Gems: 9/31

Kelsey doesn't live in Athkatla, he's just passing through on business. To be honest I never thought about what inn he would be staying at, but probably one of the two in the Promenade.

He was in the government district... paying sales tax, or something like that.

19. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

What are his stats and alignment? I've never downloaded and played with him, but a great sorcerer NPC has always intrigued me, especially since the only great wizard NPC is Evil and I like good guys.

Kelsey is romanceable, right? Does he fight with Annoyman over you (playing a female protagonist would be worth it just to see this!)?

20. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Neutral Good, I think. Don't remember stats. And there is a romance conflict with Anomen (and I think with Solaufein too).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.