1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funniest Bug/Glitch you've encountered?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Grandalf the Green Sorcerer, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Well, Mine was so hilarious that i'm still laughing :D
    I have Soulafein mod, and anyone who have played it knows the Lloth's revenge.. *not gonna spoil anymore*..

I had my PC cast a Project Image, and right after she casted it, I had my PI cast Chain Contigency..
    And suddenly the PI has the spells of Soulafein (Curent lvl of soul is 14/14, Pc is Sorc lvl 18)..
    Since my PC didin't have Skull Trap, I took them for my Chain (x3) and tried to attack this mage further away, but the mage had a True vision on and soforth my Illusion was Dispelled.

Then I had to rest leaving the mage on its own.
    When I woke up, enemy had engaged me, and I have 2(!!!) CG's blowing up the same time, 3x Skull traps + 3x Abi dalzims.. Somehow the CG of my PI transfered to Soulafein, and well..
    I did kill the enemy, but I also killed like 3 npc's from my party..

How is it possible to move a CG to an npc which even doensn't have enough lvl's for that spell? :D

Nice eh? :)

2. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I have come across something funny yesterday.

After leaving Irenicus dungeon I let Nalia join my party - only for a short while of course, until I found my desired NPCs.

Well, we fought the Beshaba fanatics in the Gov district to free Viccy and during the course of the battle Nalia used the polymorph self spell to change into a spider.

When the fanatics lay dead I took Viconia in my party (havent done that for quite some time), so Nalia in her arachnid form had to leave to give room. I had a strange feeling about it just then.

A few days later we arrived at De'Arnise Keep et voila: Nalia was a spider still. :confused:

I safed and let her join once again to see if something could be done about her... er new existence. Alas, there was no change to natural form ability. Bad luck. For her.

Werent my PC an evil Jester he would actually feel bad for her!
    Hopefully she can live with eight hairy legs and insects for a diet. :D

3. Azmodan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i had a messed up one, not too sure if its popular or what but it was messed.

i was in the underdark playing multiplayer, and we were fighting some mage down there, it died but its body chunks kept spinning around and casting spells at us. it said the mage had died, and it had no simulacrum or anything, but it just kept on casting spells. mostly protection spells on itself but it was cool to see a peice of meat trying to fight ya.

4. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

When I defeated Irenicus's last form, and he just changed back to normal form(neutral circle), I have my whole party to clicked on him to attack him again. Then, I realised that the senario did not change to the ending of SOA as it should be. So I was upset and decided to waste all my spells on him to see what will happen. I had Jan to cast a disintergrate(sp?) and nothing happened, next, the spell that lower save vs throw by 4 and another disintergrate and he goes puff(die)!
    @Dendri:
    I had the similar problem with Nalia too! I remembered casting a stone skin on her before a self-polymorph to change to a creature wielding a halberd(sp?) and when I want to change him back to human form, the icon was not there. I tried many ways to get her human form back, but to no vain, so I had to restart the whole game, just because of this.

[ October 24, 2003, 05:57: Message edited by: Skywind ]

5. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've once whent through Johnies dungeon and killed the lesser golems beforehand. To my surpirse they later showed up when I triggered the alarm! Pauzed the game, and checked their status: DEAD! :> One arrow each and I got their XP's all over again :p

I've had such a problem too, Skywind. What I did was equip her with the cloak of sewers, and a new icon for human form should appear. If not, morph into something else and then it should appear!

6. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Hmm, Problem/Bug Located, you should try this out, Have NPC's on your party, and have your mage/sorceress cast a Project image and with the PI cast Chain Contigency.

You should see that the Contigency doesn't have the correct spells compared to your spell book, thats because it takes the spells of another mage/priest (it did this to me) and adds the Contigency to him/her! :) So basically I can cast CG's with Soulafein (lvl 14 mage).. :) Nice cheesing :)

And another bug, I don't know where this one comes from.

Simply put, nearly everytime I press W for magebook or press the Icon on the Left toolbar, the game crashes and gives no errorreports.. This is kinda annoying since I get lots of Lvl drains etc.. :( Dear soulafein modders, GET it fixed or something. I suspect the bug is in Soula -mod, since this only happens on Soulafein.

7. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I don't think that comes from the mod. I had this problem in the unmodded game, but after a reinstall it was gone.

8. Trydan Gems: 5/31

I cast dragon breath once at the elder brain in the mind-flayer city. It blew it all the way back into the corner, so I couldn't reach it any more. I killed it with spells, but I then couldn't reach the brain-trophy to take back to the matron mother.

:rolleyes: I had to reload and batle it out again.

But, I've also noted all sorts of great effects with blowing monsters about with dragon-breath.

9. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I had the same problem with a water elemental in TOB Trydan. The funniset bug/glitch for me had to be when my solo assasin was being chased by a dirty great big adamnatite golem, and it got frozen mid walk and kept repeating the step over and over again till half way then repeating. From the angle i was watching at it looked like it was breakdancing :lol:

10. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Another one I countered on the Watchers keep..

SPOILER

When the knights of the Vigil etc. were told that the demogorgon was destroyed, they go down there to check it out etc etc..
    Well, I went in to talk to them (outside yet) with my PC which was holding Staff of Magi and was invisible, I talked with them, and took the option to tell them the truth that it isn't dead, so I got 10k xp and +1 fame.. But that's not all, got Glitched by the game, and the same dialog came AGAIN, and I got another 10k xp and +1 fame :)

11. Azmodan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

@Trydan...i have had some werid elder brain stuff happen to, killing it with a death spell meant for one of the umberhulks in front of it...that one was funny...sure made life easier.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

This was kinda funny I guess, in that it wouldn't let me into any Party Required areas and especially wouldn't let me out of Waukeen's Promenade

In the battle upstairs in the Den of the Seven Vales (I think, been too long since I played to be able to remember clearly) Yoshimo was killed during a fight, after I had killed all opponents I cast Raise Dead on him and, well, I hadn't read the spell description properly so he came back but was not visible, I guess his body parts were back to life but could not move as they were too far apart...needless to say I tried everything I could think of like trying to attack him and kill him and casting a variety of other spells on him all to no avail. Had to reload of course

13. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Bugreport 3.

I was fighting the General whatshisname in the beginning of the Oasis. dispatched the soldiers easily, and one archer arrives from the fog of war suddenly, I desided to cast Imprisonment on him with my PC.. And Imprisonment is supposed to be Touch -area spell, well My sorceress cast Imprisonment from about 20 ft from the target, there was this green ball and it said "Blah Blah Archer Imprisoned" etc...

It was cool playing Demi-Lich :D
    Will be updating if this is happening again

14. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Not sure if this a bug, but it sure never happened this way in BG1....

My party was leaving MY keep for Athkatla during a thunderstorm, and just before we reached the edge of the map, Yoshimo was struck by lightning, for exactly half of his hit points. He wasn't wearing any metal armor, and I know that even when this sort of thing happened in BG1, you never took any damage from it. Luckily, Jaheira had a Heal spell handy, LOL.

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

That's a very random occurence. The last time I had that happen, it killed Jaheira in the Bridge District. Characters can be stuck by lightning in RL after all, right?

16. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Poor Jaheira, killed by the nature she worshipped. :D
    Just a joke. :)

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Hence the reason I thought it was funny.

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just started a new game. Using the Alternate NPC mod, I've made Jaheira a ranger/cleric. Don't have Minsc in the party. But every so often, if I click on Jaheira, I'll get one of Minsc's lines (in his voice). The first time, I thought I was just imagining it, since it got cut off when I did a quick-save part way through. But when she said "Boo says...WHAT???", I knew I had a bug.

I'm assuming this has something to do with Alt NPC, but now that I think of it, it may be related to the SP Item Shop mod installation error message I had; I'm definitely going to have to reinstall the SP mod.

19. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm also having a Jaheira bug, where she occasionally on selection say "Every hamster has his day" from Minsc's voiceset. Obvious bug, though I have no idea where it comes from.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.